It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question for ATS: If a World Collaps Happens... Then What?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by AboveTheTrees
Things would go like this:

1) One day you wake up and the banks are closed, and the ATM machine is not working.
2) People panic, some looting, some shooting, some killing.
3) Bank re-opens and ATM is working again, but now 1 DOLLAR = 156'40 YUANS
4) The headline news says: YUAN NEW RESERVE EXCHANGE CURRENCY

So ok, you literally can't afford buying outside the US.

You can go out at night, party, go to work, save money, you can keep on with your regular life, as long as you dont have to buy import things (which nowadays is a lot of things). But because it's so expensive, some people begin to produce again in the US.

Later, some day: "US pushing for a One World Currency" It takes years, but we finally embrace the new world currency, and it follows a One World Government to manage it.

edit on 11/8/11 by AboveTheTrees because: (no reason given)

This is probably the best answer yet... and I think you're right... in fact, we could actually see a resurgence in the American manufacturing industry because suddenly it's cheaper to build everything HERE.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Most of those EOs are in the event of nuclear war with the Soviets. I am not saying they can't be used for other things. And I am not saying I particularily like or care for these EOs either. But let's face something here; the logistics of rounding everyone up in the US, and every soldier, police officer, and national guardsman going for it are pretty nill.

<< 1   >>

join