It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question for ATS: If a World Collaps Happens... Then What?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
My wife and I were chatting last night and she asked me the question: if the economy collapses, what happens?

And ya know... I really didn't have much to say.

Our only real reference is the Great Depression... but the world as we know it is different now. The idea that we can just barter and trade for goods is laughable.

You can't shop at WalMart with furs... and how many of us even have tangible skills to trade and barter for anymore?

So if the dollar completely devalues - what then? Everyone in the nation will still need to eat, have electricity, probably have internet...

So what happens?

************ AND PLEASE **********************
Don't post garbage on here about your post apocalyptic orgy fests. Put serious consideration into the way our current society works and how it would move forward in a global economic collapse.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by gncnew

I think It would be like 1929...at first. Due to population growth since the first great depression and knowing the majority of people don't know nowdays how to survive would make this time a worst one.

Here a youtube vid:

The next Great Depression :

Pray for the best, BUT, always prepare for the Worst.

edit on 11-8-2011 by RUSSO because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
For me, it's all about who you are as a person, as per how you are going to react to a prospected economic collapse.

Myself, if it happens while I am still overseas...I would likely remain overseas in one of the many countries I spend my time away from work in to retain my tax-free status as an expatriate. These include Thailand, Cambodia, and Nepal.

Should I be back stateside and it really is a full-on collapse...I would probably relocate back to Alaska...because it is a place where, when I lived before, we didn't depend on many of the creature comforts that are enjoyed in the lower-48 states. I know up there I can easily hunt for food...and there is a vast amount of land on which one could settle and be left alone.

Maybe a slighty survivalst point-of-view...but it would work for me.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by gncnew

In the worst case scenario folks would pretty much have to fend for themselves: grow/catch/forage/rely on their previously accumulated supplies.

It's worth stating the obvious: many of the things people now regard as the basics of life in terms of goods and services would no longer be available. The idea that 'a high standard of living' is an 'inalienable right' would soon disappear as the reality sunk in.

There is a positive side, though. While it would bring the worst out of many people it would also bring the best out of others. Some would be hell-bent on doing whatever it takes to maximise personal comfort, while others would have a heightened awareness that there's more to life than self-interest.

Somehow out of the quagmire people would begin to rebuild their civilization. (Learning Chinese might be a place to start...)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by gncnew

I believe our economy is collapsing right now....here is a link to the signs:

knol.google.com...# However I don't know if the person who wrote this was serious...found it interesting though....
edit on 11-8-2011 by caladonea because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Read, "one second after" by William Fitchner (sp?). While this is about the results of an EMP attack, the results would likely be similar (although not nere as severe, electricity would still be around, if you could afford it.). Society still collapses. The only difference in a total economic collapse is the government will still function on some level. Probably attempting to restore order during all the riots.

My guess is 30 to 90 days of near anarchy, martial law, then followed by the US folding into another currency in order to restablish some sort of order. Of course there would probably be severe political and financial stipulations to such a "rollover" especially severe curtailing of the Bill of Rights.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
How interesting! My sons and I just had this very discussion the other day. It seems this topic is on a lot of peoples minds at the moment.

For my family living in the rural farming area that we do the trade and barter system will work out pretty well for us. With in a 20 mile radius everyone knows everyone by name and waves as we pass on the road. My two teenage are in hot demand to help the farmers put up hay for the cattle and horses and they will continue to be so until my sons leave the nest. We also already barter firewood for various things that our household needs that can be supplied by our neighbors like apples, corn and venison. The kids get a kick out of it and we have plenty of wood since we live in the mountains all they have to do is split it up.
Hunting and fishing are two very real parts of our lives as well, my husband and I fish just about every other afternoon just to get away from the kids
In fact tonight my dad and I are taking the boys "frog gigging" and are going to show them how to skin a frog, fry 'em up and eat 'em! Living away from the city does have some advantages.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by gncnew

"Have"Internet"? I would expect any remaining "govt" will be in the business of controlling what FOOD and fuel can be redistributed.( not because they love you; but because they can control you with it).

"INTERNET" is the least of our worries.FEMA has installed equipment allowing them to centrally take over cable tv channels for "emergencies"( an added "benefit" of the change over to digital cable "broadcasting"; I would expect "FEMA TV" 24/7. "news" ( :lol )in areas with power. I would also expect to see all the military we've been paying for; on the other side of their weapons;checkpoints and "bullhorns". If you're a lucky submissive head bowed "sheepizen" you may get a goobermint food/water ration card and be able to lineup everyday fora care package handout. Ever watch national geographic? U.N. food "distribution" in famished Africa?

IMHO Forget notions of "debt forgiveness" seen posted here occasionally. The status quo has invested long and hard in maintaining the "old order". If you owe some surviving bank they will still want it (its all they and alot of other people know;they will be in full time DENIAL and reluctant to give up power;position and paperwealth.).

If you push useless "TPS reports"(paper) for a living and don't know the difference between a "No2 phillips" and a "reed and prince" screwdriver I suggest you learn to fix and build stuff. Or just buy lots of heavy leather work gloves and a good shovel with a couple of replacement handles...There's always graves to dig after diesel gets hard to come by.
Reality:Not much room for nonproductive wasted acvtivity in the ( jungle world) hard equation of: energy/calories and survival. better make yourself useful.

edit on 11-8-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Things would go like this:

1) One day you wake up and the banks are closed, and the ATM machine is not working.
2) People panic, some looting, some shooting, some killing.
3) Bank re-opens and ATM is working again, but now 1 DOLLAR = 156'40 YUANS
4) The headline news says: YUAN NEW RESERVE EXCHANGE CURRENCY

So ok, you literally can't afford buying outside the US.

You can go out at night, party, go to work, save money, you can keep on with your regular life, as long as you dont have to buy import things (which nowadays is a lot of things). But because it's so expensive, some people begin to produce again in the US.

Later, some day: "US pushing for a One World Currency" It takes years, but we finally embrace the new world currency, and it follows a One World Government to manage it.

edit on 11/8/11 by AboveTheTrees because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by lostsock

I really do hope that works for you, I honestly do - but I am a little more cynical regarding human nature. Especially in America. We see what happens in virtually every protest nowadays. Destruction, looting, beating and stealing from people - and that's coming from a fairly well fed and spoiled populace. Add a little hunger and desperation to the mix and I can only imagine how inhumane our selfish American society will become. There will be no choice but to call up the national guard and declare martial law...just until things get back under control, of course.

Then the senate is dissolved, the president declares himself emperor, the imperial march starts playing and the Jedi are hunted to extinction...

Seriously though, I do believe that we will see the absolute worst in humanity if/when that happens. I hope I'm wrong but I don't believe I am. There will be pockets of neighborhoods that may band together and help each other of course, but we as a society have become too selfish and greedy to help one another.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
life goes on and you do the best you can with what so called "GOD" gave you. In life we face many obstacles, feast or famine is the name of the game and always will be

just be prepared to do whatever's necessary and keep a low profile

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I think there is a slight chance that USA will never allow itself to fall (loose its position in the world) peacefully. USA (it's government) will try something serious to improve their situation. Perhaps a war in Iran? - Fight for Oil and colonization of african country - wich will trigger WW3? This is only my speculation wich I doubt will happen, but they could! Who knows...

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
The steps are:
1. "Collapse" the economy.

Continue policies that push the economies in the USA, EU and elsewhere into more and more unemployment. Obama has appointed a self confessed GLOBALIST, General Electric CEO Jeffery Immelt, to head the newly created Council on Jobs and Competitiveness. LINKY You would have to look very hard to find a bigger TRAITOR to the USA than Immelt.

2. :Bankrupt" the Governments. We are already seeing Iceland, Greece, Ireland, Portugal in deep financial doo doo. The USA is certainly not looking good. LINKY

3. With the collapse of government finances and belt tightening, Welfare, foodstamps and other handouts will be cut way back. The "Underprivilaged" who are addicted to government hand outs, the unemployed middle class running out of unemployment bennies and most importantly the teens and twenty year olds who have been raised with Politicallly Correct Hands off "Mommy is your buddy not a figure of authority" philosophy are going to be primed for RIOTS as their standard of living takes a nose dive just as we have seen in the U.K.

All the laws and agreements are in place to establish martial law here in the USA. We even have FEMA and the FEMA camps

Public Law 109-364, or the "John Warner Defense Authorization Act of 2007" (H.R.5122) (2), which was signed by the commander in chief on October 17th, 2006, in a private Oval Office ceremony, allows the President to declare a "public emergency" and station troops anywhere in America and take control of state-based National Guard units without the consent of the governor or local authorities, in order to "suppress public disorder."

Make no mistake about it: the de-facto repeal of the Posse Comitatus Act (PCA) is an ominous assault on American democratic tradition and jurisprudence. The 1878 Act, which reads, "Whoever, except in cases and under circumstances expressly authorized by the Constitution or Act of Congress, willfully uses any part of the Army or Air Force as a posse comitatus or otherwise to execute the laws shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than two years, or both," is the only U.S. criminal statute that outlaws military operations directed against the American people under the cover of 'law enforcement.' As such, it has been the best protection we've had against the power-hungry intentions of an unscrupulous and reckless executive, an executive intent on using force to enforce its will...www.towardfreedom.com...

U.S. Northern Command, Canada Command establish new bilateral Civil Assistance Plan

....have signed a Civil Assistance Plan that allows the military from one nation to support the armed forces of the other nation during a civil emergency.

“This document is a unique, bilateral military plan to align our respective national military plans to respond quickly to the other nation's requests for military support of civil authorities,”.... www.northcom.mil...

The final step is:

Our Global Neighborhood

Report of the Commission on Global Governance
(ISBN 0-19-827998-1; Published by Oxford University Press, 1995)
A Summary Analysis

The Commission on Global Governance has released its recommendations in preparation for a World Conference on Global Governance, scheduled for 1998, at which official world governance treaties are expected to be adopted for implementation by the year 2000. Among those recommendations are specific proposals to expand the authority of the United Nations to provide:

* Global taxation;
* A standing UN army;
* An Economic Security Council;
* UN authority over the global commons;
* An end to the veto power of permanent members of the Security Council;
* A new parliamentary body of "civil society" representatives (NGOs);
* A new "Petitions Council";
* A new Court of Criminal Justice; (Accomplished in July, 1998 in Rome)
* Binding verdicts of the International Court of Justice;
* Expanded authority for the Secretary General.

...."Next to life, liberty is what people value most," the report says. It also says: "The impulse to possess turf is a powerful one for all species; yet it is one that people must overcome." It also says: "global rules of custom constrain the freedom of sovereign states," and "sensitivity over the relationship between international responsibility and national sovereignty [is a] considerable obstacle to the leadership at the international level,"/ and "Although states are sovereign, they are not free individually to do whatever they want." /.... sovereignty.net...

A year ago in The Global Journal this article appeared Of What Use is Global Governance? written by Pascal Lamy, Director, World Trade Organization (WTO) He speaks of the European Union as sort of an intermediate stage.

...the very incarnation of an international organization of integration in which Member States have agreed to relinquish sovereignty in order to strengthen the coherence and effectiveness of their actions.

...If there is one place on earth where new forms of global governance have been tested since the Second World War, it is in Europe. European integration is the most ambitious supranational governance experience ever undertaken. It is the story of interdependence desired, defined, and organized by the Member States. In no respect is the work complete—neither geographically nor in terms of depth (i.e., the powers conferred by the Member States to the E.U.), nor, obviously, in terms of identity....

Our challenge today is to establish a system of global governance that provides a better balance between leadership, effectiveness, and legitimacy on the one hand, and coherence on the other...

And lastly there is "Global Governance 2025" by by US & EU Intelligence Agencies courtesy of Freedom of Information Act, at cia.gov.

The Atlantic Council has a summary HERE

This report analyzes the gap between current international governance institutions, organizations and norms and the demands for global governance likely to be posed by long-term strategic challenges over the next 15 years. The report is the product of research and analysis by the NIC and EUISS following a series of international dialogues co-organized by the Atlantic Council, TPN, and other partner organizations in Beijing, Tokyo, Dubai, New Delhi, Pretoria, Sao Paulo & Brasilia, Moscow, and Paris. ....

They are herding us more and more quickly towards their goal.

'Global Governance 2025′ by US & EU Intelligence Agencies

The National Intelligence Council's 2025 Project

Global Governance 2025 | Atlantic Council

Global Governance 2025: at a critical juncture

Global governance – the collective management of common problems at the international level – is at a critical juncture. Although global governance institutions have racked up many successes since they were developed after the Second World War, the growing number of issues on the international agenda, and their complexity, is outpacing the ability of international organisations and national governments to cope....

Three effects of rapid globalisation are driving demands for more effective global governance....

The shift to a multipolar world is complicating the prospects for effective global governance over the next 10 years. The expanding economic clout of emerging powers increases their political influence well beyond their borders. Power is not only shifting from established powers to rising countries and, to some extent, the developing world, but also towards non-state actors. Diverse perspectives on and suspicions about global governance, which is seen as a Western concept, will add to the difficulties of effectively mastering the growing number of challenges.

Problem, Reaction, Solution

First the government/elite create the problem, ... then offer the solution to the problems they have created. A solution always worse for people and better for THEM, and the gullible nitwits fall for it every single time...

It looks like the elite are planning the last staged of a palace Coup.
edit on 11-8-2011 by crimvelvet because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   

If you want to see How the "New Improved USA" will look the map has been prepared.

ke a look at the wildlands project map: www.mtmultipleuse.org...

Origin of Map www.mtmultipleuse.org...

And then take a look at the BILLS presented to Congress:
www.klamathbucketbrigade.org...

This shows the "Wildlands Project" still alive and well:
The Rewilding Institute: www.rewilding.org...

They have already dumped Jaguars in my area. A couple "Good Ol' Boys" caught them releasing a pair of black Jags. My husband and several others in town have seen them.

On top of that is the spermicidal corn project here in North Carolina FUNDED by the USDA.
www.indybay.org...

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I wouldn't want to be living in a populated area. Smaller communities will be somewhat better.

People will learn old ways of survival. It would be tough, I believe many people will be killed long before they have a chance to starve to death.

People will regret listening to Bob Barker and controlling the stray cat/dog population. I know the thought is repulsive, but I'm sure they are delicious.. hehe.

Wrist rockets/sling shots will be the must have accesssory. Pigeons will be a tasty two person meal. They taste kind of like pheasant.

Just my thoughts.

Funny thing is we would probably embrace true communism (not the political ideology). At least on regional levels.
edit on 11-8-2011 by Bobaganoosh because: addition

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I don't think that anyone knows for sure how anything is going to shake out should the economy collapse. We all have ideas and theories of what COULD happen and what WE (well, some of us) will do to survive, but no real knowing unitl it happens. That said, there are alot of points people agree upon and it's those points you should probably focus on depending on your area. (Great minds thinking alike and all.) Personally, my thinking is that large metropolitan areas, for instance, may probably be a nightmare of riot and mayhem as there are more people competing to get at the banks and food. There are more generations of people living on government assistance or unemployment in major cities that won't be receiving benefits. In the major cities there will be very few folk who know anything else but "Go to the grocery store and get food." There may be a mass exodus of people who have family and options in more rural areas, or those country folk that will suddenly return to their roots. Beyond that, I don't think anyone can say for sure. There may be roving marauders, martial law, invasion from another country, fema death camps, ZOMBIES!!!
Do your own research and prepare accordingly.

Maybe a few of the first questions you should ask yourself are:

Where do I live in proximity to the possibility of mass mayhem, what kind, and why
2.) What kind, and how much, food/water will I need to survive for several weeks or even a few months should things go bad and suddenly the grocery store is not an option.
3.) Do I have a means to hunt or (Gods forbid) protect my family in the event of a home invasion.
4.) Do I even know how to gather/fish/hunt? (You can't watch these survival shows on tv and then think you can go out and do it. It requires KNOWLEDGE AND PRACTICE.)
5.) Do I have a safe point to "fall back" to with my family if my home is over-ran and I can no longer stay there.

Or, to break it down to it's most basic level, there are 5 things someone needs to truly survive in an extended survival situation.
1.) Water
2.) Food
3.) Fire
4.) Shelter
5.) Companionship

I would start there, those questions will lead you to others and more of your own depending on your situation. There are also some very knowledgeable people here on ATS that can point you in the right direction and give you more ideas to look into. Good luck!

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I think it is the world trading that devalues things. If we all minded out own business...kept our $hit in our yard, just to get through poor economic times,...we should be ok.

I think because of current tech, we can't fall back to caveman days.

But I don't know man. My dad has a 10- acre farm. He has a small fishing lake bordering his property. Hopefully we could survive...barter our stuff for other stuff. It could get hairy, but I believe we are too far into the tech end to be fully lost in a 1500's lifestyle again..

The best thing about humans is that we do adapt, quickly. That is why we are where we are.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by lostsock
How interesting! My sons and I just had this very discussion the other day. It seems this topic is on a lot of peoples minds at the moment.

For my family living in the rural farming area that we do the trade and barter system will work out pretty well for us. With in a 20 mile radius everyone knows everyone by name and waves as we pass on the road. My two teenage are in hot demand to help the farmers put up hay for the cattle and horses and they will continue to be so until my sons leave the nest. We also already barter firewood for various things that our household needs that can be supplied by our neighbors like apples, corn and venison. The kids get a kick out of it and we have plenty of wood since we live in the mountains all they have to do is split it up.
Hunting and fishing are two very real parts of our lives as well, my husband and I fish just about every other afternoon just to get away from the kids
In fact tonight my dad and I are taking the boys "frog gigging" and are going to show them how to skin a frog, fry 'em up and eat 'em! Living away from the city does have some advantages.

I don't live in an inner city or anything - but there is a tremendous amount of population that do - and guess where they would be headed?

link   

Originally posted by 46ACE
reply to post by gncnew

"Have"Internet"? I would expect any remaining "govt" will be in the business of controlling what FOOD and fuel can be redistributed.( not because they love you; but because they can control you with it).

"INTERNET" is the least of our worries.FEMA has installed equipment allowing them to centrally take over cable tv channels for "emergencies"( an added "benefit" of the change over to digital cable "broadcasting"; I would expect "FEMA TV" 24/7. "news" ( :lol )in areas with power. I would also expect to see all the military we've been paying for; on the other side of their weapons;checkpoints and "bullhorns". If you're a lucky submissive head bowed "sheepizen" you may get a goobermint food/water ration card and be able to lineup everyday fora care package handout. Ever watch national geographic? U.N. food "distribution" in famished Africa?

IMHO Forget notions of "debt forgiveness" seen posted here occasionally. The status quo has invested long and hard in maintaining the "old order". If you owe some surviving bank they will still want it (its all they and alot of other people know;they will be in full time DENIAL and reluctant to give up power;position and paperwealth.).

If you push useless "TPS reports"(paper) for a living and don't know the difference between a "No2 phillips" and a "reed and prince" screwdriver I suggest you learn to fix and build stuff. Or just buy lots of heavy leather work gloves and a good shovel with a couple of replacement handles...There's always graves to dig after diesel gets hard to come by.
Reality:Not much room for nonproductive wasted acvtivity in the ( jungle world) hard equation of: energy/calories and survival. better make yourself useful.

But again, the economy collapsing doesn't mean that suddenly everything stops happening in one day or in one week.

The power plants would still run, electricity would still flow, food is still grown - all the good farmers wouldn't suddenly turtle up and only feed their families - because they'd have to sell their food to get other stuff...

I think you're being very simplistic about it. Where would you get medicine? Where would you get books? Where would you get the other things besides food and water and clothes. It's not even realistic to say that we're going to suddenly turn into the 1900's again because the economy collapses.

Hell - they have satellite TV in 3rd world nations.

link   
reply to post by SumerianSoldier

I don't think that anyone knows for sure how anything is going to shake out should the economy collapse. We all have ideas and theories of what COULD happen....

The collapse is PLANNED

How it will be handled is PLANNED.

One of the members of ATS is linked to FEMA and has stated YOU will not be allowed to remain in your home you will be rounded up and everything you own will be confiscated and either used or destroyed. FEMA's Directive is to CONTROL people.

If you want a real life demonstration of what will happen look at how New Orleans and Katrina were handled.

THE US GOVERNMENT DID NOT FAIL ITS MISSION
IN THE WAKE OF HURRICANE KATRINA

There has been widespread criticism of the response of US officials to Hurricane Katrina in New Orleans in 2005.....

In news coverage of this tragedy, the most significant events often were buried .... However, the key to understanding can be found in the following list of news headlines, most of which did not make it into mainstream coverage. These reports make it clear that the government did not fail to respond in a timely fashion. The problem was that it did respond - but in such a way as to actually hinder rescue operations. There were too many instances for this to be merely a mistake or a bureaucratic snafu. There is a clear pattern here that cannot be denied. Why this should be so will be discussed in a moment, but first, here is the amazing record.

(If the original sources are no longer active, click on (Cached).
[long list of linked articles]

The only legitimate function of government is to protect the lives, liberty, and property of its citizens. In New Orleans, however, it was clear that the primary job of the military, FEMA, and Homeland Security was, not to protect citizens, but to protect the government and keep it functioning.....

It was clear from the start that the goal of FEMA and Homeland Security was, not to resue people, but to control them. Their directive was to relocate families and businesses, confiscate property, commandeer goods, direct labor and services, and establish martial law. This is what they have been trained to do.

The reason they failed to carry out an effective rescue operation is that this was not their primary mission, and the reason they blocked others from doing so is that any operations not controlled by the central authority are contrary to their directives. Their objective was to bring the entire area under the control of the federal government - and this they succeeded in doing very well.

SOURCE

EXECUTIVE ORDERS:
EXECUTIVE ORDER 10998 allows the government to take over all food resources and farms.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 10990 allows the government to take over all modes of transportation and control of highways and seaports.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 10995 allows the government to seize and control the communication media.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 10997 allows the government to take over all electrical power, gas, petroleum, fuels and minerals.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 10998 allows the government to take over all food resources and farms.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 11000 allows the government to mobilize civilians into work brigades under government supervision.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 11001 allows the government to take over all health, education and welfare functions.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 11002 designates the Postmaster General to operate a national registration of all persons.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 11003 allows the government to take over all airports and aircraft, including commercial aircraft.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 11004 allows the Housing and Finance Authority to relocate communities, build new housing with public funds, designate areas to be abandoned, and establish new locations for populations.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 11005 allows the government to take over railroads, inland waterways and public storage facilities.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 11051 specifies the responsibility of the Office of Emergency Planning and gives authorization to put all Executive Orders into effect in times of increased international tensions and economic or financial crisis.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 11310 grants authority to the Department of Justice to enforce the plans set out in Executive Orders, to institute industrial support, to establish judicial and legislative liaison, to control all aliens, to operate penal and correctional institutions, and to advise and assist the President.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 11049 assigns emergency preparedness function to federal departments and agencies, consolidating 21 operative Executive Orders issued over a fifteen year period.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 11921 allows the Federal Emergency Preparedness Agency to develop plans to establish control over the mechanisms of production and distribution, of energy sources, wages, salaries, credit and the flow of money in U.S. financial institution in any undefined national emergency. It also provides that when a state of emergency is declared by the President, Congress cannot review the action for six months.
SEE: www.archives.gov...

Here is an example in detail.

Executive Orders And Laws relating to National Emergencies Laws
Executive Order 10998
ASSIGNING EMERGENCY PREPAREDNESS FUNCTIONS TO THE SECRETARY OF AGRICULTURE

By virtue of the authority vested in me as President of the United States, including authority vested in me by Reorganization Plan No. 1 of 1958 (72 Stat. 1799), it is hereby ordered as follows:

SECTION 1. Scope. The Secretary of Agriculture (hereinafter referred to as the Secretary) shall prepare national emergency plans and develop preparedness programs covering: Food resources, farm equipment, fertilizer, and food resource facilities, as defined below; rural fire control; defense against biological warfare, chemical warfare, and radiological fallout pertaining to agricultural activities; and rural defense information and education. These plans and programs shall be designed to develop a state of readiness in these areas with respect to all conditions of national emergency, including attack upon the United States.

SEC. 2. Definitions. As used in this order:
(a) "Food resources" means all commodities and products, simple, mixed or compound, or complements to such commodities or products, that are capable of being eaten or drunk, by either human beings or animals' irrespective of other uses to which such commodities or products may be. put, at all stages of processing from the raw commodity to the products thereof in vendible form for human or animal consumption. For the purposes of this order the term "food resources" shall also include all starches, sugars, vegetable and animal fats and oils, cotton, tobacco, wool, mohair, hemp, flax fiber, and naval stores, but shall not include any such material after it loses its identity as an agricultural commodity or agricultural product.
(b) "Farm equipment" means machinery, equipment and repair parts manufactured primarily for use on farms in connection with the production or preparation for market or use of "food resources."
(c) "Fertilizer" means any product or combination of products for plant nutrition in form for distribution to the users thereof......

(c) Priorities and allocations. Develop priorities, allocations and distribution control systems and related plans to insure that available food resources are properly apportioned among and distributed to civilian, military and foreign claimants in an emergency and develop priorities, allocations and distribution control systems and related plans for the domestic distribution of farm equipment and fertilizer.

(d) Production and processing. Develop control systems and related plans including control of use of facilities designed to provide adequate and continuing production, processing and storage of essential food resources in an emergency.

www.disastercenter.com...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join