It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Osama Bin Laden Movie Kerfuffle

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
So, there is movie in the making, seeking to document the "Hunt for Osama Bin Laden." No big deal?

Well it seems that there is quite a bit of controversy over this. It seems that Rep. Peter King wants an investigation in to the making of this movie.

Rep. Peter King, R-N.Y., said too much information already has leaked out about the Navy SEALs raid that killed bin Laden in Pakistan in May, and Pentagon officials have cautioned against discussing details of the mission.

King asked the inspectors general of the CIA and Defense Department to determine what consultations occurred in the Obama administration about providing Hollywood with access to covert military operators and clandestine CIA officers.

Huffington Post

Among the things he wants investigated....

_Any consultations within the administration on the advisability of providing Hollywood executives with access to covert military operators and clandestine CIA officers to discuss the raid.

_Whether a copy of the film would be submitted to the military and CIA for pre-publication review to determine whether special operations tactics, techniques and procedures, or intelligence sources and methods, would be revealed.

_Whether filmmakers attended a meeting with special operations personnel and CIA officers, and whether any such attendance was balanced against the duty to maintain cover for these operatives.

REALLY?
Personally, I don't think that there will much actual "truth" in this movie. It'll be a stars and stripes, support the troops, war is cool package of propaganda. And, from the posts that I have read all over the internet, including Huffington Post and MSNBC comment boards, generally people aren't believing the "official" Bin Laden story, or the story of the deaths of Seal Team Six. (Didn't Disney buy the rights to the name Seal Team Six?)

Ah, but the real truth comes out. This isn't really about protecting American intelligence secrets. It's about the timing of the release.

One of the issues that King, R-New York, expressed concern about is that the movie would be released in October 2012, just before President Barack Obama, who gave the order to raid bin Laden's compound, will stand for re-election.
CNN.com

Any way you look at this, it's going to be cheesy. IMHO
What do you all think?

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
So everything leading up to Bin Laden's death is classified for national security reasons but as soon as he's killed they make a movie about it? Well good, maybe now they can release the pentagon surveillance tapes and the classified writings of Lt. Col Anthony Schaffer.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by windword

What do I think? I will not watch this movie. It is a time in history that I believe we are not being told the truth...and this movie will probably be used to spread more lies. I just won't fill my mind with more disinformation.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

Oh! I have no intention of watching the movie either. I couldn't even watch "Fight 93."
Lies I tell you! All Lies!

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
They should let me write it. I'd create something with real impact!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ffce5780d613.png[/atsimg]

st.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by SatoriTheory

LOL! They should definatly hire you!
I wonder if Disney will have a hand in producing this movie, seeing as they own the rights to the name "Seal Team Six."

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by SatoriTheory

CAN'T
STOP
LOL'ING!

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by josh2009s

Look closer at the image, study it. It contains more information than you might first realise.

st.

top topics

join