It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Call in the Marines! - Who all on here is a current or former Jarhead?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I was a 5924 for the first four years, and 0211 for the last four years. Stationed at MCAS Yuma, AFB San Angelo, Redstone Arsenal, MCAS Cherry Point, and Camp Lejeune.

Got out as a Sergent - and never had to go to Sergent's school

OOH-RAH Devils.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by gncnew

Marine, jarhead or babykiller, whats in a name.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I inspire to become a Marine. Have books about the Marines and seen shows about the Marines and it has given me an eye opener. Yes, it will be tough. But I have to push myself. The Marines are modern day supermen and superwomen. Cannot forget their are women in the Marines and yes they not hesitate to put you in a arm lock.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Once a Marine, always a Marine. As far as baby killers, blame the army for that mistake.
I was an 0311 grunt ,0351 Dragons and with 2nd LAV Battalion as a vehicle commander, all out of Camp Lejeune.

Semper Fi all my brothers.
edit on 11-8-2011 by LAMudd because: added 2nd line

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by acrux
reply to post by gncnew

Marine, jarhead or babykiller, whats in a name.

We'll win over your hearts and minds... or burn your damn huts down!

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I tried to enlist after 9-11-2001 but at the time I had fines for the crime I commited which were less than $1500 dollars in total. I really wanted to join, I went to physical training at the RSS of Santa Clara and even participated in their family day at Moffet Field because I had officially enlisted/passed M.E.P.S. and the A.S.V.A.B with extremely high scores..But after a few months of doing PT 3 times a week with the Squad of people for about three months I was taken to Moffet Field and was told the Military would not help me pay my fines to enlist...An That Shocked me back to Reality!!!! They didnt care about my 1 and only criminal charge,they didnt care about my high test scores and clean bill of health alls they cared about was money..This really made me angry because here I am Homeless with no family 21years old an on the streets, making it to all functions and PT's for months and steadily showing improvement (I was up to 4 miles doing Indian Runs),with high test scores and they wouldn't even let me sign a contract saying just take it out of my bootcamp pay. I was so excited to be a Marine and they just chewed that dream up an sh** it out over a lousy $1500 dollars I wanted to pay but couldn't at that time...So I came to the conclusion if they won't help me join in any way they more than likely won't help me in retirement or any other time after I leave.....

Actually a fe months after everything was said and done I ran into my Recruiter again and he asked me what Happened and I told him the truth..He was actually a great guy an offered to take me to the Dept of Revenue an pay it for me if Id pay him back after bootcamp which is pretty awesome in my opinion...But at that time I was so past belief in their sincerity for our troops well being I respectfully declined.. Staff Sergeant Green if your reading this you are a genuinely caring person and I thank you for your help/support!
edit on 11-8-2011 by NewsWorthy because: thought I'd shed a bit of light thats its not the troops I dislike it's their Government

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by gncnew

I'm not active duty but my husband is and we have been at it for 23yrs.Currently stationed at Camp Lejeune.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by NewsWorthy

Dude, the Marines have no way or method to pay your fines. And they can't forward you the money because there is no sure bet you will get paid more than one month.

The Marines job isn't to try and get every swinging dick in... Sorry you had baggage, but it's not UNICEF or Sister Mary's half way home.

Don't be pissed because The Corps didn't make special provisions to get you in... No matter what you've been told, you are not special and there are thousands more just like you without the "legal fines".

Bootcamp would have destroyed you - the whole thing is about making you understand you are nothing more than one of many... There to serve, not be served.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Yut...Kill , Eat Babies!

new topics

top topics

join