It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mysterious World of the Crystal Skulls

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Zortex

Oh god, can you please read to OP! During that I illustrated how 3 of the most famous skulls have been found to have wheel markings on them, indicating they may have been made in a modern context. Please, if you are going to post in this thread, at least READ THE OP BEFORE DOING SO. I even showed you the tests that were done AND the findings. Jesus!

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by theyrout2getus
reply to post by sir_slide

Just because there are tool marks doesn't mean they aren't old. It is possible they were machine polished for sales purposes afterward. I can't see why the authentication "experts" would overlook this.

This is something I was discussing last night with my brother, just because there are microscopic indications of wheel marks/polish marks that doesn't actually prove that they are modern, obviously some were sold at some point and may have been polished prior to that. Of most concern in this area is the British Museum Skull, as it is a very fine example of a Crystal Skull and is also similar to the MH skull.

Thanks for the response!

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by stainlesssteelrat
Ahh, my heart aches when I think how many of them could be destroyed by some people who were afraid of them. Story about spanish missionary... well, religious zealots, u gotta love them.

Regarding how were they made. Think it would be worthy to pursue subject how they were cut not along axis (if they really are), if it's REALLY impossible using all wonders of today's technology, then it would make very credible proof that their origin is either out of this world, or that we know a squat about history and civilizations once habitating earth.

So anyone familiar with the subject?

Oh, btw, to say that they are poorly made is like to say universe is rather simple design.
edit on 12-8-2011 by stainlesssteelrat because: add

This is what I don't understand when it comes to the skulls, people say they are poorly made or they can easily be replicated. Well that is just a misinformed opinion. They tried to replicate them, couldn't do it, the ones produced were crude and absolutely inferior in comparison. And to state they are poorly made is just ridiculous, and the people doing so obviously have not even bothered to read the OP. Mostly brand new members I've noticed also.

Cheers

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by redgy
one thing that comes to mind is why would these skulls be given to primitive tribes, thousands of years in advance, to be lost, then requiring a race against time in finding and bringing all skulls together again or else some major catastrophe strikes all mankind as failure..

If these skulls were reguarded as being so important, why allow them to become lost, forgotten and also separated from each other in the first place, having a device that had no practical use or knowhow for it's protectors or all mankind until some prophesied end of age arrives to take place, seems a bit too trusting of the original race to be sure these skulls would survive for so long or that any memory for use would remain intact.

Ahhh you see they are not lost. The Mayan elders know of the locations of the remaining skulls. They also have a prophecy to them. As a previous poster has revealed to us there is certainly a prophecy to Max, and the prophecy is currently being realized. The elders know of the locations to all the skulls, some are still in the Yucatan, one in Tibet and the rest spread out in different areas of the world. In my opinion it will not be some sort of frantic scurrying about trying to bring them together, but will happen naturally and in accordance with their original prophecy.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   

I thought these threads were for discussion? obviously not.

i cant possibly see how you can class my opinion as being foolish and not some of the posts in here. i wont name any as im not targeting anyone. Btw it cant be foolish to question a topic isnt that what forums are for?

i checked the disclaimer but didnt find i wasnt allowed to be a skeptic. can you point his out? i did find some interesting points about insults and selling, both of which are found in your own posts.

also if these really are magical and gifts to mankind, why do people claim to own them and charge to see them? please answer this if you can....its a fair point. if they are real and these people truly beleived they were what they claim them to be, then these people are truly despicable by holding back the advancement of the human race....dont you at least agree to that?

but your right I have said all i have to and will move on as its not my intention to upset anyone. I was hoping for a bit more though and the original post was very well laid out and you didnt attempt to hide most of the facts that could dissprove them....so I leave dissapointed, not being convinced by any new evidence.

thanks for the chance for a discussion about these skulls though and i leave you with respect for your beleifs and in peace.

edit on 13-8-2011 by Scott495 because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-8-2011 by Scott495 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Scott495

I will edit my post, you're right the forums are for discussion. I was referring to you stating that the skulls are 'poorly made' etc in regards to you being foolish, mainly because it is just a very silly thing to say and it implies that you did not actually read some of the facts available in regards to some of the skulls.

Also 'double lol'ing about things psychic just also seems a little misinformed, there are a lot going on that you are not aware of, try to be open minded about these things, you may learn something really valuable.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Simplynoone
Wow the skulls again eh ? I had never heard of these skulls before until I had a dream about one of them a few years ago .I want to first say that I am a Christian (as you all know) and I did not read about New Age Alien stuff ever before this dream,in fact it was the dream that got me digging on these skulls that led me to reading about all of the new age stuff .Anyway the dream begins with a clear skull in a MUSEUM,it was displayed all alone in the middle of it where many people were coming in and out looking at it,then all of a sudden a man came in dressed in black who had a huge sword in his hand and swung at the skull hitting it right on the top of its head,the skull did not crack but it suddenly began beaming light out of it like it had just come alive and everyone who saw this was stunned and mesmerized so much by it that they didnt move at all and just stood staring at it, the skull had awakened by the sword hitting it and was now eminating light everywhere (as if alive) ...end of dream ....SERIOUSLY I have no clue what this dream meant,I still dont .....

That is a truly fascinating dream. The skulls are said to be beacons of light and in a spiritual context that is certainly true and they are supposed to be bringers of light, and when we talk about light we as you may know are talking about a large range of things, wisdom, knowledge, peace etc. Thanks so much for sharing that dream, it's funny how things like that happen. It's an odd thing to have in a dream if you knew nothing about the skulls......fascinating!

Cheers

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
When I seen this I thought of the new 13 congress members. or is it twelve. Strange how it seems like things are starting to fall into place.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   

You're actually wrong.

About what? That you're as gullible as the rest of the people claiming this is a piece of magic quartz?

They tried to recreate the MH skull and failed miserably, it was actually a bit of a joke.

Who are "they"?

Can you provide a reputable source?

Anna had already submitted it to tests, and they concluded "the damn thing shouldn't even exist", if I owned I certainly wouldn't put it through further tests just to satisfy the skeptics, screw the skeptics.

Wikipedia states differently.

Can you provide a reputable source?

If you can provide examples of modern skull that rival the Ancient ones then I'm all ears, otherwise all you have is your skepticism, nothing else. no evidence, just preconceived notions of the skulls lack of authenticity.

As I stated in my previous post...Give me a chunk of quartz(of suitable grade) and I'll machine it to shape using a CNC milling machine.

Heck, if you supply me with enough clear quartz and are willing to pay, I will make an entire human skeleton for you. Find me a large enough chunk of quartz and I can have a local CNC milling machine company with a 19tonne bed cut you a motorbike to put your quartz skeleton on.

As the shape forms the tooling grade becomes finer and the detail is cut. It used to be(only 15+ years ago) that the final polishing stage would have to be done by hand, but, these days the polishing bits can be fitted to the CNC mill and controlled perfectly by the computer running it. There is no miracle here. The same process is used to cut all sorts of stones and precious gems the world over.

To state that we don't have the technology to reproduce such "art" as the MH skull just shows your ignorance in such matters as we can produce so much more in incredibly finer detail.

No doubt you won't believe me so take a look at these links...

Work done by the hand of master engraver Graham Short ...

www.bbc.co.uk...

www.omg-facts.com...

Engraving using a laser...

edit on 13/8/2011 by OccamAssassin because: (no reason given)

edit on 13/8/2011 by OccamAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by OccamAssassin

It's all in the OP man. Some of the worlds best crystal carvers were commissioned to recreate the mitchell hedges skull. There's not a huge amount of information available in regards to the skulls, so a lot of digging is required, I will try my best to find the results. It was published in the book "mystery of the crystal skulls' and I will try and dig it up.

I'm also not sure what you mean in regards to wikipedia? en.wikipedia.org...

The skull is made from a block of clear quartz about the size of a small human cranium, measuring some 5 inches (13 cm) high, 7 inches (18 cm) long and 5 inches wide. The lower jaw is detached. In the early 1970s it came under the temporary care of freelance art restorer Frank Dorland, who claimed upon inspecting it that it had been "carved" with total disregard to the natural crystal axes without the use of metal tools. Dorland reported being unable to find any tell-tale scratch marks, except for traces of mechanical grinding on the teeth, and he speculated that it was first chiseled into rough form, probably using diamonds, and the finer shaping, grinding and polishing was achieved through the use of sand over a period of 150 to 300 years. He said it could be up to 12,000 years old. Although various claims have been made over the years regarding the skull's physical properties, such as an allegedly constant temperature of 70 °F (21 °C), Dorland reported that there was no difference in properties between it and other natural quartz crystals.[27]

While in Dorland's care the skull came to the attention of writer Richard Garvin, at the time working at an advertising agency where he supervised Hewlett-Packard's advertising account. Garvin made arrangements for the skull to be examined at HP's crystal labs at Santa Clara, where it was subjected to several tests. The labs determined only that it was not a composite (as Dorland had supposed), but that it was fashioned from a single crystal of quartz.[28] The lab test also established that the lower jaw had been fashioned from the same left-handed growing crystal as the rest of the skull.[29] No investigation was made by HP as to its method of manufacture or dating.[

Again, if it can be reproduced, then why has it not been reproduced? If they CAN, they why haven't they? Seems empty to me. What do you make of the British Museum tests? Have a read of the section 'properties of the MH skull', there are anomalies here. I understand that you flat out believe the MH skull is a 'modern fake' but what I would like to know, is after reading everything related to it, if you have done so, is where it was made, by whom, when and how, it would also be beneficial if you could provide us with the source of the quartz, seeing as you're such an expert in this area..,...
edit on 14-8-2011 by sir_slide because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Had they been all wooden; would they then attract such in terms of interests?

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Again, if it can be reproduced, then why has it not been reproduced?

Why would someone want to?

What purpose would it serve?

And most of all....Who is going to pay?

I understand that you flat out believe the MH skull is a 'modern fake' but what I would like to know, is after reading everything related to it, if you have done so, is where it was made, by whom, when and how, it would also be beneficial if you could provide us with the source of the quartz, seeing as you're such an expert in this area..,...

As surprising as this may seem, I was once someone who believed that the MH skull was the 'real deal' until I did a little research on them and found out that it was another hoax. Sorry to be so blunt but given the evidence(or lack of) IMHO it is the truth.

I refer again to this extract taken from wikipedia .....

The earliest published reference to the skull is the July 1936 issue of the British anthropological journal Man, where it is described as being in the possession of Mr. Sydney Burney, a London art dealer who is said to have owned it since 1933.[36] No mention was made of Mitchell-Hedges. There is documentary evidence that Mitchell-Hedges bought it from Burney in 1944.[33]

The above would make the claim by Anna Mitchell-Hedges's claim that she had 'discovered' the skull in 1924 to be a lie.

Hence the use of the world 'allegedly' in this extract from the same wikipedia page....

Perhaps the most famous and enigmatic skull was allegedly discovered in 1924 by Anna Le Guillon Mitchell-Hedges, adopted daughter of British adventurer and popularist author F.A. Mitchell-Hedges.

The following is also taken directly from wikipedia...

The skull was in the custody of Anna Mitchell-Hedges, the adopted daughter of Frederick. She steadfastly refused to let it be examined by experts (making very doubtful the claim that it was reported on by R. Stansmore Nutting in 1962). Somewhere between 1988–1990 Anna Mitchell-Hedges toured with the skull.

Anna charged people to view the skull(an alleged artefact of immense power) which makes me wonder why the skull (if it is indeed mystically magical) would not find offence at being treated as a simple menagerie spectacle. Remembering that the skull was 'said' to have a personality that is able to communicate directly with peoples minds.

Why did this incredible artefact allow itself to be used in such a blasphemous way if it was so important and could potentially hold the key to mankind's spiritual advancement?

Surely the fate of humanity is far more important than displaying the skull so Anna could make a few bucks.

If that isn't enough for you....Checkout Mitchell-Hedges

Mitchell-Hedges repeatedly made claims of having "discovered" Indian tribes and "lost cities" that had already been documented years, sometimes centuries, before. He claimed he discovered "the cradle of civilization" in the Mosquito Coast of Nicaragua, and that the Bay Islands of Honduras were remnants of the lost civilization of Atlantis.

He 'claimed' to have discovered lost cities that had already been documented. Surely this should be a ringer for a hoaxer?

Also....

For a time in the 1930s he had a weekly radio show out of New York City on Sunday evenings. Talking over a background of "jungle drums", Mitchell-Hedges would tell dramatic tales of his adventures, usually including narrow escapes from death at the hands of "savages" or from jungle animals ranging from a jaguar to a vicious attacking iguana.

Mr Mitchell-Hedges was an elaborate story teller....lol.....Look out for them vicious iguanas

And to top it all off.....

Mitchell-Hedges claimed to have discovered a "crystal skull" — he called it "The Skull of Doom" — at the Maya ruin of Lubaantun (which he also claimed to have discovered) on an expedition to British Honduras (present-day Belize) in the 1920s. However he published no mention of the skull until the late 1940s, not long after a crystal skull was auctioned off by Sydney Burney at Sotheby's in 1943. Mitchell-Hedges's crystal skull could have been the one from Sotheby's as a skull with identical measurements was described in 1936, and its owner was Sydney Burney.[3]

Yep you heard it right....the skull was sold at Sotheby's just before Mitchell-Hedges started telling everyone about the crystal skull he found in the 1920's but failed to mention it to anyone until the 40's.....strange coincidences and didn't Anna claim she found it in 1924.

Sorry but the MH skull smacks of BS and the failure on Anna's part to allow anyone reputable to investigate it's manufacture(I'm not talking about the HP analysis which was only to find out if it was mystical) just sets this hoax in stone for me.

Like you....I used to believe that the skulls were something special.....but as more & more pieces of the story didn't add up and the evidence pointed to Mitchell-Hedges as being a complete fraud kept getting larger. I came to the conclusion that this is just another hoax, instigated for that which makes the world go around......Money

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamAssassin

The reason you would want to, is to actually prove that it can be reproduced, and obviously to create an amazing piece of crystal work. It would also put debate about the skill involved in making it to rest, that's why.

There is actually a very simple explanation as to why the skull is only publicized then and not earlier. When they found the skull in Lubantuun (which MH believed was a lost remnant of Atlantis, the city that is) they offered it to the native tribes who had become overcome with joy at it's discovery, crying and kissing the ground etc. The natives gave it back to MH saying that it as they found it, they should take it with them. There were issues with government, and he had to sneak it out the country, and in order to secure it as his own he kept it hidden. If he were to have revealed the find to the British government it would have ended up in a museum, arguably the better thing, but a reality none the less. In order for MH to attain documented ownership of the skull he loaned it to a friend, who put it up for auction so that MH could purchase it, becoming the rightful and documented owner and preventing it from being taken and admitted to the museum.

To be honest I don't think that charging people to see the Skull would offend it or be blasphemous in anyway, it's not god. Also she had to travel around the world in order to show it to people, plane tickets, motel rooms and food aren't free. How could she possibly take it around the place letting people meet it and share its wonder if she didn't charge people. I doubt it would have cost much more than a movie ticket.

Of course people have tried to cast doubt on it's authenticity, this is a given, all I say is that if it can be reproduced, do it, otherwise opinions like that are pretty irrelevant. Also the fact that MH was an elaborate story teller doesnt mean much to me when contrasted against what else is available, that was who he was, a great adventurer and a man of mystery. What do you think of what the Mayan elders say and the ancient practice of the crystal skull ceremonies at places like Tikal?

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Sir Slide. I have a question.
Just wonderin, if there are any fables or stories attached to the skulls saying that , they can transform a human being into a being of pure quartz, but only for a few seconds?

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Angelic Resurrection

Not that I am actually aware of. There have been some fascinating things posted throughout the thread though, check out the story about Max on page 2 or 3. Quartz is a very special material, I imagine a person made out of quartz would be....luminescent?

If you feel attracted to crystal then you should get yourself one, which ever crystal/skull you're attracted to is the one, go check some out, no hurry though.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
An excellent thread. I do believe quartz to have some type of resonating property, gold,silver, and copper are used everyday in wiring and computers. Add to the fact, the quartz caves in Mexico, would be my guess as to some of the origins.ATS thread

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by mugger

Cheers!

I love the crystal caves. It may actually be a place where they found such great pieces of quartz to work the skulls into. The main theory is that if they are ancient then the crystal is likely to have come from Brazil. If this is in mexico then it provides us with a possible source of the Mayan crystals much closer to home.

Thanks so much for posting that.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Really interesting read!

The Mitchell-Hedges skull is a well known fake. Drill marks have been found around the teeth and since then it has been refused for further testing. It's Just a business for them as he tours and exhibit the item.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Hey man I got a present for you...some hard evidence towards all this : Silicon Memory Chips that can Store Data for over 1000 years

This tells me that there is a strong case towards these skulls being used as the storage system...like a hard drive so to speak for a pretty organic style computer. One would need to be able to focus light into a fine laser to access the data etc... to use the technology in the article but perhaps there are other unconventional ways to do all this.

One thing is for sure, Silicon (Quartz Crystals) are able to store data long term and this data can be accessed and written via the use of light.

Edit : Storage in this technology is forever not just 1000 years and it is re-writeable too AFAIK.
edit on 21-8-2011 by JaxCavalera because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Sir Slide. I have a question.
In the front elevation image of the Mitchell Hedges Skull, I can see my face
right between the eyes in the centre, when viewing thru a magnifying glass.
What could this mean?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join