The Mysterious World of the Crystal Skulls

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by star in a jar

Interesting theory. But it still doesn't fit for me.

If we assume that the skulls, let's say the MH, Max and Sha Na Ra are ancient, as in Mayan, Aztec or Incan then we need to assume that the crystal was quarried in Brazil, as they could not have come from the Yucatan and Brazil had the largest quartz quarries in the region. The tests that were done on the Ancient skulls concluded that the Quartz was not Brazilian in origin. Also if there was such a simple explanation then the tests that were refused to be released would have revealed that (if they had have been released).

It's a very good find as far as building the walls is concerned, but I don't think that this applies to the skulls. They also are not stylistically similar to any work by those cultures. Although the Mayans and the Aztecs did depict skulls a lot, they appear different to the CS and the Mayans themselves claim that the CS were given to them by their ancestors. So for me it doesn't fit. It also does not explain the phenomena associated with the skulls. Thanks for contributing

edit on 12-8-2011 by sir_slide because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
At this moment I'm not sure where exactly the temples he built were. But I can ask him tomorrow.

Also, something interesting to note, the Russian government just recently offered JoAnn Parks about 5 million dollars for MAX. Which she refused, of course.

One more thing... and I hope this is not giving away too much privacy of my friend,
but he is also the creator of the 'Love Button' for facebook, which gives you the opportunity to download an application to your page that will let you 'love' something instead of 'like' it.

His goal with this is to spread the vibration of Love to as many people as possible, everyday, instead of keeping us at an apathetic, passive 'Like' vibration, which facebook has been promoting.

You can download it here > www.lovebutton.org...

And if you do happen to find out who my friend is, please please do not pester him. Befriend him, sure. And definitely get the Love Button. But I just don't want anyone to bug him. Heard?
Thanks.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by eleven44

That is all too strange about the Russian government, it's like Hitler trying to buy up all those ancient artifacts, not that the Russians are like Hitler, just that they seem to be both be interested in these ancient objects. In my opinion they must be aware of it's significance, in a more esoteric sense.

Don't worry I will just wait until it is announced who he is, if indeed that is done. I really appreciate you sharing it. Cool about the 'love button', if it gets people to stop being so apathetic then that's great. What else does he want to do? Is in aspirations wise? Has he been contacted by any one else regarding it?
edit on 12-8-2011 by sir_slide because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by sir_slide

Excellent thread and one that is worth a read. Thank you for sharing what you know with the class.

May I suggest that this thread is stickied so that others who frequent this site can easily find it and that it is not buried under all the trash. This thread is informative and provides valuable information that others should see when they first come to this site.

Thank you Op

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by franspeakfree

Thanks Franspeakfree! It was my pleasure to share it, one of my favorite topics by far and a secret hobby of mine.

That is a good suggestion! I feel that it's one of the more important topics in this area of research and that there was not a complete look into the world of the skulls on ATS as far as I could find. Maybe suggest it to a mod?

Cheers for the response mate

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   
I'm still sifting thru most of your post, but its very informative! You packed a lot of sources and information into this thread:]

I've always been interested in crystal skulls, and the potential for them.

What really makes me believe is how the Mitchell--Hodges Skull was carved in a way that would shatter the crystal even if attempted with our best technology today.

..woah

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Scott495

Not made well?

the authentic skulls arent even replicable.

Our technology isn't GOOD ENOUGH to make a skull like the Mitchell Skull...

...read the thread, or atleast search it for questions you have.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by dannotz

Well one of the theories put forward in regards to the MH Skull is that it was rubbed down from an entire piece of quartz, a very large one, rubbed down and sanded/polished using human hair and microscopic sand over a period of 300 years. A problem with that is that if even ONE grain of the microscopic sand was the tiniest but too big then it would have left irreversible marks on the crystal and you would need to start from scratch. This presents a serious problem, especially if they Maya were using the skulls regularly, they would have had to have been working pretty hard on them and also pretty early in their history if they takes 300 years of man hours to make. For me the evidence suggests that as the Mayans say, they were given to them by their ancestors.......who were from Atlantis.

Thanks for reply!

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   

I wonder when the time comes will all these skulls be mysteriously stolen?

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by CasiusIgnoranze

Do you mean stolen by some powers that be or be returned to their home? If the Russians are after Max then maybe something like that may be attempted. The Mayan elders are aware of other locations of skulls but are keeping quiet about them until the time is right. I believe at the right time, the skulls will return the Mayan heartland be used to help us with this coming change.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   

WoW beautiful thread,
My take is that if the HP technicians and scientists say that a particular skull shouldn,t even exist, then is is prolly not of this earth or made in this universe.
Either from a hyper dimensional source, where the laws of physics are different than in our universe and may be as simple as a moulding or a casting and specially with all the optical properties that it posseses. Amazing to say the least.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   
I have had a great time reading the OP. Thank you. I have known of the crystal skulls for sometime, but I thought it was all based around hollywood myths. Obiously there are going to be a majority of the skulls out there that will be made at a later date, but it does not take away from the amazing stories of some of authentic ones.
Going to spend some time researching the subject and I might even go out and buy some crystals.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by dannotz

fact is Ive seen better ice sculptures and the skill these people have is truly amazing, but theyre not mystical.

they are NOT anatomically correct, something that for certain a higher power would have easily ensured was done (why make an imperfec skull when you can travel the universe and space and time?) people who claim these are perfect representations of a human skull need to read a bit more and very few people actually claim this because it can be so easily proven to be wrong (this applies to all the skulls, not just the known fakes). if it were truly anatomicaly correct i would probably be a believer.

also same thing about not being able to replicate could be said about many ancient artifacts, pyramids, ming dynasty vases etc etc but theyre not mystical or have any special powers. Also Im pretty sure some ancient blacksmiths who spent every waking hour manualy shaping steel possesed skills we dont have today. Samurai swords for example, sure thyey can still make them but nowhere near as good as they used to.

I stand by my original comment that if a mystical being or alien or whatever made these they would have done a much better job and something that no exeptionaly talented earthing could produce. Also all the special properties and such assosiated with these skulls is also apparent in normal quartz. All the phsycic phenomenon stories are just that...stories that many people beleive happened to them and thought...must have been those damn skulls, I mean i had a nightmare so cant be anything else!?!

if they truly posses some unique power then why are the people who own them not flying about or healing people (for real) or such? Even the internal structure of the crystal would be different at a subatomic lvl if information or such was being stored and organized.....its not.

my sceptisism does not come from reading this article alone. ive seen many documentaries and read quite a bit. i learned a few new things here but nothing that makes me beleive these are real.

if i had a REAL crystal skull then the whole world would know about it without a doubt because they would actually posses some kind of real tangible power other than the usual crystal ball hokus pokus.

I would love someone to show me something I cannot dispute. I love finding out new and wonderful mysteries, but there has to be more to it than a lump of quartz shaped like a skull and people claiming to channel phsycic powers through it like some tv magician.
edit on 12-8-2011 by Scott495 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   
one thing that comes to mind is why would these skulls be given to primitive tribes, thousands of years in advance, to be lost, then requiring a race against time in finding and bringing all skulls together again or else some major catastrophe strikes all mankind as failure..

If these skulls were reguarded as being so important, why allow them to become lost, forgotten and also separated from each other in the first place, having a device that had no practical use or knowhow for it's protectors or all mankind until some prophesied end of age arrives to take place, seems a bit too trusting of the original race to be sure these skulls would survive for so long or that any memory for use would remain intact.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by dannotz
reply to post by Scott495

Not made well?

the authentic skulls arent even replicable.

Our technology isn't GOOD ENOUGH to make a skull like the Mitchell Skull...

...read the thread, or atleast search it for questions you have.

I beg to differ.

Give me a decent chunk of quartz and a CNC mill with the appropriate tungsten carbide tooling and I'll make one to whatever tolerance you are prepared to pay for. Given that there weren't CNC mills around at the time it would have been cut/carved only adds to the time spent making it. It is still easy enough to be made with a talented and patient machinist/artist...I have seen some pretty amazing shapes made by ingenious pattern-makers - without the aid of CAM - that would astound most people.

As to the MH skulls authenticity, when I see it do what has been claimed with my own eyes, I'll believe it.

I got caught up in the whole "Crystal skull" fad in the nineties and have yet to be convinced that they are legitimate. One by one they were proven to be simple man made artefacts and I doubt that the MH skull would stand up to similar scrutiny if the appropriate people were given the chance.

The earliest published reference to the skull is the July 1936 issue of the British anthropological journal Man, where it is described as being in the possession of Mr. Sydney Burney, a London art dealer who is said to have owned it since 1933.[36] No mention was made of Mitchell-Hedges. There is documentary evidence that Mitchell-Hedges bought it from Burney in 1944.[33] The skull was in the custody of Anna Mitchell-Hedges, the adopted daughter of Frederick. She steadfastly refused to let it be examined by experts (making very doubtful the claim that it was reported on by R. Stansmore Nutting in 1962). Somewhere between 1988–1990 Anna Mitchell-Hedges toured with the skull.
Wikipedia

Why would someone convinced of the skulls authenticity refuse to allow it to be examined by experts?

Money! Plain and simple. The skull was a source of income for Anna and she played on peoples gullibility to her own advantage.
edit on 12/8/2011 by OccamAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Psychics have also channelled messages through the skull, messages about a change that is coming, a change associated with 2012

LOL, how convenient for them. Perhaps it's to add credence to all these "new age" prophecies about 2012, It's more likely that the Psychics just claimed to "channel" messages through the skull.
edit on 12/8/2011 by NeverForget because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Psychics?

double lol

sorry but probably best to use their proper term...conmen

if i was a real psychic, i would be rich and powerful, not peddling my wares for a few bucks a time to those vulnrable and in need. i would also use my gift for the betterment of humankind. if the skulls where Psychic in nature surely they would have opened a door into the mysteries of the universe and come up with something better than 2012 LOL!

saying that i do beleive that the human brain is more than we know and also time and space is only a fecade that our limited senses wont let us penetrate. shame about all the conmen and self proclaimed and self serving spiritualists/cult leaders/crazies that dominate the arena. the fact that these Psychics are now getting in on the act just goes to strengthen my view.

why do human beings allways dilute the truly amazing with their own brand of nonsense? it totaly distracts from the real issues. faking UFO sightings being an example as is proclaiming the skulls enable them to channel their abilities. it totaly takes credability away from the serious discussions and events. the crystal skulls are interesting artifacts. if they truly were anything more.. and the people owning them TRULY beleived these were gifts from the gods then why claim to own them and delcare themselves the power to grant access to anyone who wants to see them? also if I had a real magical crystal skull i certainly wouldnt be selling it no matter how much...would you? so if your thinkig about buying one...think long and hard before parting with your hard earned cash!

so let me put this to you...

either they are fake or the people who claim own these magical skulls are the most despicable kind of human being. Imagine denying the world these magnificent and awe enspiring gifts and claiming ownership of somethig bestowed upon the whole of mankind by a higher existance only to then deny testing on them or for them to be used for their true purpose...for the betterment of human kind.

imagine you were an alien or a mystical being and you gifted these artifacts to a race only to find out a few of them claim they owned them, made money from them and denied their true purpose for every single living thing on earth. I would probaly write them off as a species.
edit on 12-8-2011 by Scott495 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Wow the skulls again eh ? I had never heard of these skulls before until I had a dream about one of them a few years ago .I want to first say that I am a Christian (as you all know) and I did not read about New Age Alien stuff ever before this dream,in fact it was the dream that got me digging on these skulls that led me to reading about all of the new age stuff .Anyway the dream begins with a clear skull in a MUSEUM,it was displayed all alone in the middle of it where many people were coming in and out looking at it,then all of a sudden a man came in dressed in black who had a huge sword in his hand and swung at the skull hitting it right on the top of its head,the skull did not crack but it suddenly began beaming light out of it like it had just come alive and everyone who saw this was stunned and mesmerized so much by it that they didnt move at all and just stood staring at it, the skull had awakened by the sword hitting it and was now eminating light everywhere (as if alive) ...end of dream ....SERIOUSLY I have no clue what this dream meant,I still dont .....

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Good work. Thanks.

S&F&

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I am sure the event for this on Facebook will also help to get the info out: Crystal Skull Event on 11-11-11

new topics
top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join