It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul: Lets get this straight once and for all.....

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
There are serious problems with Ron Paul and his positions.

The idea of ending the Fed is a disaster. Without the Fed the economy would collapse right now.

His idea o gutting the government is another bad idea. Look at all the countries with little or no govt. IE Kenya, Somalia, Ethiopia.

His idea of a tax plan would only work after his guts the govt and then it would only hurt the middle and lower classes.

The gold standard is a bust and no respected economist takes it seriously.

If I need to go into more detail I will, Its just that most people here still wont comprehend it.

So to be the non believer of the propaganda, I have to say that Paul is a disaster for country.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
If we actually learn that the states themselves govern things on gay rights, religion, and the mumbo jumbo "emotional" voters are afraid for their candidate choices, we could could really get down to the real policy.

On The federal level Ron Paul will fix this country constitutionally and with sound war and economic policies, and he has to let the states run their own cicil and religious rights issues.

Long story short, just like most people bainwashed by a candidates personal preferences on "civil rights", that truly is a state matter.

Think beyond fear of my candidate has a preference different than mine, everyone is different. Dr. Paul's actually policies have nothing to do with feelings and preferences,

folks its time to vote with your logic, who cares if ron paul is not down with gay rights. Move to my state we have gay-marriage, and are working on transgendered rights. Forget national level about those things, no 2 states will agree.

let dr. paul fix our country, then fight more for your rights. geez louise!

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by matthewgraybeal
If we actually learn that the states themselves govern things on gay rights, religion, . . . .

Why should equal rights be governed by states?

All citizens should have the same full equal rights - - no matter where they live in America.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   

On The federal level Ron Paul will fix this country constitutionally and with sound war and economic policies, and he has to let the states run their own cicil and religious rights issues.

I find Ron Paul's ideas antiquated. If there is emotional fear - - - its the fear of moving forward - progression - new ideas.

I have no desire to live in the past.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by gorgi

the economy wont tank in america, big corporations will tank. then we can go about actually having american made things, made for americans, bought and sold by americans. mom and pops will spring back up again, and finally we will have actual capitalism again.

check out icelands response to the banking crisis.

www.firetown.com...
www.truthhunters.co.uk...

they arrested those in cahoots with the global banking cartel, so they wouldnt be debt slaves.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

We don't need more new, we need sound precedent, from a time where new turned into the disaster we have in our country today.

anitquated, does not mean outdated.

As far as civil rights, which by and large are covered constitutionally.

the problem with America, is we focus on the unimportant things, like fashion and fads over sound economic policy.

first we need to streamline our government back into efficiency then when the voters actually matter again, we can get back to work on personal stuff.

gay rights is a personal thing, the economy is a public thing.

focus on the bigger picture.

Ron's not here to squash your personal freedoms, we have TSA and Bush, and Obama to thank for that.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Mikemp44

I see this is your first election cycle as a member of ATS. Mark my words, if you think it is bad now you have not seen anything yet. This is the tip of the iceberg. You just wait until there are actually televised debates and Ron Paul's message actually gets heard. Then the trolls come out of the woodwork with all kinds of interesting twist and turns to explain him away as some fringe racist nut.

Just remember the screen names you see now, as the election cycle continues you will see a few more. In my opinion these people are either Agents or quite literally short sighted fools with no true understanding of history or how our system works.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

gay rights is a personal thing, the economy is a public thing.

The economy? Gays don't contribute to the economy?

Gee - - and I thought they were citizens who pay taxes - - buy things - - have jobs - - etc.

Oh sorry! Its just their personal thing.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   

focus on the bigger picture.

Oh yeah - - let's do. Like real Reality.

First - - ALL citizens need and deserve full equal rights - - - as they are contributing citizens to this country.

We are a secular democratic republic. Religion and all references to religion/god need to be eliminated from government.

The days of isolationism is history. The only real and logical direction is One World.

Many people make money. How many actually make that money work for them? How many "play away" their money? Or pump out kids they can't afford?

So we have people that worked and made their money work for them - - and built corporations.

Logically - - who do I think is the better leader? One who let's money slip through their fingers - one way or another - - - Or those who held onto it and built on it?

We are still animals living by survival of the fittest. Why should those at the top take care of those at the bottom?

You want reality? Now that is reality!

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I simply cannot debate about Ron Paul today. It's great that so many people are waking up--great that so many people are researching Ron Paul on their own to find out WHAT HE REALLY BELIEVES AND NOT TAKING THE WORD OF MEDIA AND OTHER SOURCES! There are already on this post so many statements about Ron Paul that are just twisted or outright lies.
Here's a new Wiki Page about Ron Paul's political positions. It's a good starting point for anyone interested. Some information is not given in full...so if one is truly interested in knowing Paul's positions, a little further research would help:

en.wikipedia.org...

If one wants proof that Ron Paul's popularity has VASTLY increased, then just read the comments at this yahoo article:
news.yahoo.com...

Ron Paul had my vote in 2008, and he'll get my vote in 2012. I will not vote for anyone else. ALL other candidates are just more of the same-old, same-old. It's Paul's time, time to get this country back on track.

I gave you a star, OP.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

aww annee, you are distracting from the point, that's so cute. you lil shill you
go work for a news agency they specialize in avoiding the point.

i care gays contribute, my roomate is both gay and transgendered and had to fight against the kraft corporation to not be descriminated against.

The reality you espouse the law of the wild, is not equal to a one world policy. if you really felt we were one world, you would be screaming at the top of your lungs about the broken parasitic economies world-wide which mimic the federal reserve, oppress their people they serve and brutally kill and torture across the planet.

now back to the point. the economy is broken, the 2 party system is dividing the nation while our government credit ratings and jobs tank.

You the know the old saying, "if it aint broke don't fix it?" S&P's downgrade thanks to supercongress/same-old same-old "new" ideas? thats broke

of course in your own admition forget the "antiquated", i don't think you understand if it aint broke dont fix it...

one other lesson, those that forget their history are doomed to repeat it. but thats antiquated.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

aww annee, you are distracting from the point, that's so cute. you lil shill you
go work for a news agency they specialize in avoiding the point.

Not really.

This government is supposed to be "of the people". In my mind - - that means ALL the people. Denying a minority equal rights - - making them less then other citizens - - cripples the cohesiveness "of the people".

Just because I choose to view our government from a different perspective - - - does not make me "cute" or wrong.

I am very down to earth and logical. Also an Atheist.

Money/Power has become too great to dethrone. It is not realistic to think "the people" can take back the American government at this time.

The best they can do is affect the quality of their everyday life - - on lower levels.

I am very realistic. Ron Paul has no chance.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   

, those that forget their history are doomed to repeat it. but thats antiquated.

“History is written by the victors.”

Which history are you talking about? From who's perspective?

How about the Attack on Pearl Harbor? Seems there was some information left out of the propogandacized American version.

How about Texas winning the right to put their own version of the Alamo in their schools history books.

How about the true story/history of George Custer and Little Big Horn?

The true story/history of Elliot Ness?

Oh yes! I'm just being cute

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

So back to Ron Paul. He can walk on water, kicks chuck norris but, and built rome in a day. lol

2nd line.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Mikemp44

They can bash all they want, He still has my vote.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by usernameconspiracy

You are very right, he is a fringe candidate and his views, given politics and government today, is extreme. However, by historical standards, he is trying to revisit systems that worked in the past, but were changed in the past hundred years. I am a middle ground person too, and why I support Ron is that his plan of attack seems to give those with views in middle ground more power to achieve logical goals. We will certainly have to see how this plays out, he faces quite a bit of opposition, but I think with enough support he has a serious shot. We will see though, I truly believe the Dems are going to try and dig up stuff on the other Repub front runners, which would give Ron a chance at the nomination.

Just keep watching friend, I think the more you see you might reconsider and I truly hope you do.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

You Know I completely believe you, I've seen it happen before and that is in large part why I started this thread. I hope this keeps up through the cycle and we can see who comes out with hollow talking points, or displays a wonderful picture of total ignorance.

You know the louder they scream just tells you that you are doing the right thing.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by VforVendettea

Great mnds think alike I guess.

Anyone who sees the big picture knows he is our only true chance. The Fed. government has been acting like a spoiled child, and its time we get a parent involved.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

You know I have heard that from a lot of people, yet his support grows and his name becomes more widely known. I personally have gotten three hardcore Dems to support Ron, and its happening everywhere. But I agree with you in that it will at best be a hard fight.

If he does get the nomination, would you consider voting for him?

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by TheUnusualSuspect

Its hard because one side of me completely agrees with you and knows that this is a game, but another part of me says this is one of those exceptions, like JFK. But I think only time will tell.

Also, I've done quite a bit of research into the JFK assassination and personally I've concluded LBJ was directly responsible, and worked with members of the CIA. The CIA itself was not the mastermind. Just thought I'd mention it.

I hope you are ok across the pond buddy, seems kids everywhere are going nuts.....

Stay safe.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join