It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul: Lets get this straight once and for all.....

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I wanted to start this thread because it has become apparant to me that many and various attempts have been made to demonize, discredit or label Ron Paul as something he isn't. In the past four months I have seen more threads started of people bashing Ron Paul with supposed 'Facts' that, inevitably, end up being mis-understood positions and misconstruing commentary. It is almost as if there are specific people here who want to stir the $hit pot and cause a ruckus; its like we have memebers of the MSM on here purposely trying to convince us that what this man does is bad, that he is a renegade, that he is crazy (cookies...), or that he is a radical christian child hating draconian psycho. (whew that was a bit much but you get what i'm saying)

I cannot, whether through my own ignorance or anything else, can not think of one politician who did exactly what they said they were going to do. His track record in congress is a testament to his character and his actions, his ethics and morals are without question (IMO obviously) and he has stuck with the same message for decades. We didn't listen, we dismissed it. He predicted this, much of what is happening now, though he was not the only one. He is trying to offer us REAL solutions to our serious problems, and could care less about towing the party line (my favorite thing about him). The man wants to hand America back to the states and the American people, so why are we opposing this idea?

Why is it that people, who shall remain nameless, try so hard to drag up some kind of dirt on the man, only to have the masses they enthralled with the promise of "Look! I discovered something terrible about Congressman Paul!" turn on them and say "And where exactly is the problem with that?" Whether liberal or conservative, it is hard not to see the sense in his words and his ideas, but since those ideas are really and truly damaging to the two party system, why in the world would either side support someone who wants to rid them of their ill-gotten power.

So my question to you, my dear ATS memebrs, is why are we so anxious to find something wrong with him? We already know why the MSM is trying to stop him, we know the big talking heads in washington like to dismiss him, but the fact remains the FED is scared to death of him. Anyway, please either post your response as to why you like/dislike Ron Paul and hopefully we can all share and learn from our collective knowledge. For those of you who bash him, here is your stage to make your argument and to be respected upon your decision. All I ask is that everyone keep an open mind and think about things, don't read one sentence and then flame on. Lets get a clear understanding of this man, our very own congressman Ron Paul....

*DISCLAIMER*

Please be respectful of each other. I want everyones opinions, no matter good or bad. I feel at this point the truth must be told regarding this man and shown to the community. If you feel offended feel free to curse at your computer screen in vain as no one cares/will hear you.

Lets be adults please.

*END DISCLAIMER*
edit on 11-8-2011 by Mikemp44 because: Shpelling

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I share your views. Dirty Politics have no place in civilized society.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Ya know sometimes "crazy" is good. People can call Ron Paul crazy all they want and frankly I wouldn't mind having someone in office who is a little over the top and crazy enough to actually get in the seat and really do something that does not require one to be "bought" by congress. Anyone claiming to get rid of the Federal Reserve is someone I really respect. The ones who have tried before ended up dead. I am for RON PAUL all the way and cannot wait to vote him in. I was really upset last go around when I was forced to vote for someone other than whom I wanted (Ron Paul). This time....lets get him in and see REAL CHANGE!!

Whooooo Hooooooo!

VOTE FOR RON PAUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Peace and love to you and yours OP!!!! xoxoxox

Jenn

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Ron Paul is the last hope America has at recovering any semblance of the spirit it was founded in; that spirit goes against the corrupted establishment though. Of course they will try to smear his name with misinformation, disinformation, and down right lies.

Surely, soulless MSM minions are on this site, trying to sway public opinion against RP with deception and deceit.

Ron Paul 2012, and we at least have a chance. Anyone Else 2012, and its the final nail in the coffin for America.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Nice OP. Star and flag. I'm voting for Paul, I don't give a damn what the repugs say (or anybody else). I dont care if the enemy wins by one vote. Tired of it. I want my america back!

RON PAUL FTW!!!

Obama?

Romney?

The rest?

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
This kind of has a ring to it.

www.facebook.com..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
The raised nail needs the hammer.

If you look op, it is usually the same posters posting outlandish claims against one of just a handful of men-women that work for the U.S people.

Thus, Ron Paul receives heat and animosity among individuals as he does not stay with the politically correct and social norm synopsis as his political constituents do.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
There are more Ron Paul Fantasy Threads than there are Ron Paul Bashing Threads.

Ron Paul pulls in just as much Democrat anti-war supporters and dope heads as he does Republican support. This kills him in primaries where only registered Republicans can vote.

"Let's get THIS straight once and for all"......Ron Paul doesn't have a snowballs chance. This Ron Paul Fantasy movement is doomed.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
He's nothing more than the white Obama

He's a puppet of the El-ites meant to suck all you Yanks back in to their politics game with false promises of Freedom and Justice, the same Freedom which you were duped in to believing you had obtained in 1776

lol do any of you ACTUALLY believe that the most powerful force and Empire the world has ever seen could be defeated by a "Rag tag army"(Quoting Dan Brown lol) lead by a traitor(Who imo was definitely still working for George III), even with the help of the other super powers of the 18th Century?

These ruling bloodlines/globalists done the same to us Brits, or to be more accurate the English, back in 1100 with the signing of the Charter of Liberties, 1215 when the Magna Carta was signed(and later amended in 1297), and the Bill of Rights of 1689. All these laws were the basis of your constitution lol they've pulled the same trick several times, they done it with the rise of another black politician in a racist country/government, South Africa! I'm not saying the United States is an evil country or anything I'm just stating the fact that there was an awful lot of racial problems in the US during the 60's etc and then all the talk of whether or not the country was ready for a black president, then Obama comes along with his "Change" rhetoric, becomes president and what happens? NOTHING! Just like when Mandela came in and just like what is going to happen if Ron Paul "Wins" the so called "Election" in 2012

If he were really against the Federal government having too much power, the "Big Brother" state, "The Fed" etc then he would of been taken care of by now, just like the power El-ite got the American Intel service to do when JFK became a problem(if it was the CIA that is)

You will see, mark my words.....you will see!

Edit:

I don't claim to know all the angles...i'm not Jesus Christ...I've come to accept that now!
but Ron Paul is defo a wicked globalist. None of them in a high level of power and influence
are real, they're all in on it...wicked, wicked devilz.....ARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
edit on 11-8-2011 by TheUnusualSuspect because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

Ron Paul pulls in just as much Democrat anti-war supporters and dope heads as he does Republican support. This kills him in primaries where only registered Republicans can vote.

It sounds like a lot of Democrats and independents need to register as republicans then. It is also about time to TELL, not ask the top of the Repub party to put this man in the oval office not some corporate puppet.

The Elite have set the time frame. The USA as we know it is slated to be GONE in 10 to 12 years so it is past time to get off our duffs and do something.

We still have a choice of being serfs to the corporate elite or of being freeman but the window to make that choice is very rapidly closing . If we do NOT get a government that represents a scaled back Federal bureaucracy within the next couple of years we will no longer have any choice at all.

This is no a Conspiracy it is cold hard fact.

A year ago in The Global Journal this article appeared Of What Use is Global Governance? written by Pascal Lamy, Director, World Trade Organization (WTO) He speaks of the European Union as sort of an intermediate stage.

...the very incarnation of an international organization of integration in which Member States have agreed to relinquish sovereignty in order to strengthen the coherence and effectiveness of their actions.

...If there is one place on earth where new forms of global governance have been tested since the Second World War, it is in Europe. European integration is the most ambitious supranational governance experience ever undertaken. It is the story of interdependence desired, defined, and organized by the Member States. In no respect is the work complete—neither geographically nor in terms of depth (i.e., the powers conferred by the Member States to the E.U.), nor, obviously, in terms of identity....

Our challenge today is to establish a system of global governance that provides a better balance between leadership, effectiveness, and legitimacy on the one hand, and coherence on the other...

TIME FRAME

There is "Global Governance 2025" by by US & EU Intelligence Agencies courtesy of Freedom of Information Act, at cia.gov.

The Atlantic Council has a summary HERE

This report analyzes the gap between current international governance institutions, organizations and norms and the demands for global governance likely to be posed by long-term strategic challenges over the next 15 years. The report is the product of research and analysis by the NIC and EUISS following a series of international dialogues co-organized by the Atlantic Council, TPN, and other partner organizations in Beijing, Tokyo, Dubai, New Delhi, Pretoria, Sao Paulo & Brasilia, Moscow, and Paris. ....

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Well, here at ATS you run into a really blind support of RP.. I think thats where alot of people get issues with it, they just dont like blind mass support.. What you all call sheep, we see here.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
How is he different then Ross Perot?

Not specifically in his political agenda - - - but in creating division?

What chance does he actually have?

Do I vote for Ron to make a statement - - then take pot luck on who actually wins?

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
How is he different then Ross Perot?

Not specifically in his political agenda - - - but in creating division?

What chance does he actually have?

Do I vote for Ron to make a statement - - then take pot luck on who actually wins?

That's only as true as the number of people who says it is. If all the people who said that took the chance, then those third party candidates would have one. Ross Perot actually had a chance but there were so many people who thought the way you just described (me included).

It's like everybody is just staring at each other saying "I'll only do it if the majority of you guys do it" but they are all saying it. Unless they just resolve to do it, nobody will.

The way I look at it is that if a candidate makes it into the left/right primary, they got there through a proven failed system and shouldn't be in office.
edit on 11-8-2011 by Cuervo because: gramer grammer grammar!

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Help me obi-wan-ron-paul, you're our only hope!

This is the year, I vote. I advise everyone no matter what you want, to not give up on this guy. Should we worry he's a shill? hey fox mulder says "trust no-one". Well a risk, is better than doing nothing. Switch your party to independent and vote for who you see fit, screw left and right, we deserve fair.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
What follows is just an opinion of a member......

I have always admired Dr. Paul for his style, as a politician. He seems less inclined to practice the "theater" of politics, which means he is no caterer to the Hollywood/Madison Avenue style of marketing that the bulk of politicians use to sell themselves. Also, it appears he has no real desire to 'please' everyone; which must include his peers - hence the lack of general recognition among them.

However, it is important to recognize that the political machinery is entirely dysfunctional since the Republican and Democrat parties became a social club for narcissistic celebrities. In fact, the dysfunction is so great that people are not even outraged when major and minor players alike 'switch' sides - always to ensure there permanence in the halls of power. The paradigm for what we call the "two" parties is simple and has nothing to do with what "American citizens want" - for "both" of them it is about staying in power, and using that power as a business tool.

Having said that, I cannot say that I could swear Dr. Paul wasn't of the same cloth as they. And what's worse, even if we accept him as a particularly exemplary person, it seems impossible to believe that the party (either one you like to pretend exists separately) would do anything other than resist anything that would threaten their gravy-train status quo.

The first major complaint I would put forth on this topic, which does not necessarily revolve around Dr. Paul's candidacy; is the fraudulent portrayal of the 'dividing the party' objection. Since the entire point of the process of our democratic republic is to allow the diverse opinions to be voiced... which neither so called "party" will allow, as they withdraw support and generally 'shun' those who do not migrate to their way of thinking.

I am among those who believe there is only ONE party, and since Dr. Paul is willing to play within that illusion without really trying to enlighten us about the "game" between the players, I can't raise my expectations to believe he can change anything that really needs changing. Frankly, the only reason the party prospers is because they actively make it so.

When serving the nation became a matter of being rich and becoming richer; both so-called parties became something entirely different from what they were supposedly aiming for.

I would have respected Dr. Paul more had he remained "independent" which would have shown me that he, at least, is aware of the 'club' and rejects the consequences of the socialite elite ivory-tower leadership that they engender. This country was meant to be served by the government, and she was to govern herself.

While Dr. Paul expresses great ideals about how to come closer to them; he chooses to remain with those who clearly operate on a different ideal... one where the government doesn't govern; it rules. That may work for England... but we are not England, and a ruling body of economic elites is no different from 'entitled' royalty - especially when they focus on making their 'enterprise' into an empire, despite the grief it causes the citizens.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
If i thought Ron Paul had a snowballs chance in hades of actually winng i might support him. But let's face it he's got no chance so why waste a vote. If you really want Obama gone you'll vote for who ever comes out of the Republican primaries, otherwise your just delluding yourself thinking you cast a vote for Paul and having it actually matter.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo
That's only as true as the number of people who says it is. If all the people who said that took the chance, then those third party candidates would have one. Ross Perot actually had a chance but there were so many people who thought the way you just described (me included).

How I think and the questions I asked - - are not exactly the same.

Something happened with Ross Perot. He was threatened. Not sure the real story will ever be revealed.

I don't discuss my own political beliefs on ATS.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

I don't discuss my own political beliefs on ATS.

Well that's no way to have fun! As far as the Perot being threatened thing... yeah, I remember something about his kid's wedding and threats and stuff. Then everybody chastised him as a "quitter". Horrible.

Anyhow, gonna get some teeth yanked on. Everybody wish me luck and happy, lucid dreams!

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Mikemp44

I do like the fact that he backs up what he says he is going to do...I just don't agree with him in most matters. He is a fringe candidate as far as a run for President goes. He always has been. I want things more in the middle, so I have little interest in fringe or extremes on either side of the aisle. An extreme liberal Congress let me donw and now an extreme conservative Congress is doing the exact same thing. Those of us in the middle see these things.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Ron's conservative social stances (abortion - race - homosexuality - religion).

Are enough for me to say NO.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join