It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon Edits Number of Dead SEALs in Afghan Copter Downing

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShaunHatfield
reply to post by Ben81

THE SEALS SHOT DOWN WERE NOT THE SAME MEMBERS THAT RAIDED THE BIN LADEN COMPOUND!!!

Why do people that scream research and information, not only miss the details, seem to ignore the facts? WHY?

This site would be perfect if there were no such thing as Hippocrates!!!!!

Of course not, they couldn't be.... There is no information to research, unless you have access to highly classified info?

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

Unless you are one of the people that doesn't believe ANY of what they hear and 10% of what they see, you can find the info. They have said multiple times "The seals involved in the raid are NOT the ones that went down in the chopper.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Unless you are one of the people that doesn't believe ANY of what they hear and 10% of what they see, you can find the info. They have said multiple times "The seals involved in the raid are NOT the ones that went down in the chopper.

Too many inconsistencies, too conspicuous, too convenient.... Anyone who accepts the official story here as is, would be a fool... Then again, an easily fooled populous has always been good for the 'war' business.

Of course, they always tell you the truth, and give you only the facts... Why on earth would it be any other way in this case?

By the way, an initiative in Washington, on the hill has just been made to replace the elite seals killed in this tragic crash, shoot down, or whatever it was.

Good news?

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by seedofchucky

secondly would you let other afghans ride along side with this "elite team"? would that not jeapordize there identity ? I mean they are the elite of the elite like you said no ?

Yes....

You realize that a large part of the job of SOG teams, including Naval Special Warfare, is training allied soldiers, right? And then leading them in some ops as well? For all intents and purposes, those allied troops become part of the Teams. That's why we generally drop SEALS, GBs and CIA Special Activity Division spooks into a country well ahead of an actual invasion. Train the opposition (that is, opposed to whatever we're going to kick over) force into a competent fighting force, then lead that force to hit early sites.

Sure, it could compromise the identity of the SEALS. The Afghan could take what he knows to the Taliban and say "I know a Navy SEAL. His name is David Allen. He is blond. And he has a beard. He's from Ohio. Let's get him!"

Besides, SEALS, or any special ops, aren't all that hard to spot in a base. Look for the guy wearing a duty uniform without unit patches (if Army), who wears whatever hat he wants, when he wants, probably with a nice beard growing, if he's capable, then watch him in the DiFac. If he takes a bite of food, then keeps his head up and scans the room whilst chewing, he's probably SOGgy. If he just shovels it in and shuffles off.....contractor.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Here's the latest report released from the Pentagon/U.S. Dept. of Defense: www.examiner.com...

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChicagOpinion
Here's the latest report released from the Pentagon/U.S. Dept. of Defense: www.examiner.com...

From 22, to 17 to ...

Of the 17 Navy SEALs, 15 were from the top-secret unit that took out al Qaeda’s Osama bin Laden in Pakistan in May 2011. Five of military men killed were from conventional forces, three were Air Force air controllers, and five were Army helicopter crew members.

Continue reading on Examiner.com U.S. military killed in Afghanistan: U.S. Dept. of Defense releases their names - National Conservative | Examiner.com www.examiner.com...

Releasing fictional identities would be a very wise move at this point... Releasing their actual identities following the above revelations would make their families etc. targets.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Dont you as the author feel a little bit crazy for posting this? I mean, beleive it or not, its not as easy as you think to figure out who all is in a downed craft. Its not some crazed "conspiracy". They got the numbers about how many from seal team,6 were aboard, so what? Their were coallition forces and ranger team on board. I really feel for my brothers, this is sad. Oh,and the head of the talliban came out and said how happy they all were this happened..

A chinook is a great transport chopper btw, and for the poster that knew nothing about american military, 75% of all are guns, equiptment, and vehicles are from the vietnam era

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
They've been releasing these SEALS' bios, pics, and hometowns all over the place.

I'm kinda surprised that they've been doing this, given their assignments. Maybe it's common practice and I'm just not "in the know" when it comes to this kind of thing.

What I'm trying to understand, though, is how the hell the government can claim that they know exactly which Taliban member shot their helicopter down, let alone how they can claim they know they killed that same dude when they went back and bombed the Taliban camp? This seems like more propaganda to try to bolster Obama's campaign.

I guess that's how Obama's campaign is going to operate. Whenever the public's opinion of him reaches a new low, he'll go kill someone we don't like.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by seedofchucky

My good man the seal team that killed OBL was not on this flight

actually on the news a "senior military official" stated that they didn't "believe" anyone from the obl raid was on the chopper.

as we don't know who was involved in the raid, there is no way to verify this information, and it seems too convenient. body dumped, killers disposed of, the killers of the killers...errrr..killed.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Sholtz
reply to post by seedofchucky

My good man the seal team that killed OBL was not on this flight

actually on the news a "senior military official" stated that they didn't "believe" anyone from the obl raid was on the chopper.

as we don't know who was involved in the raid, there is no way to verify this information, and it seems too convenient. body dumped, killers disposed of, the killers of the killers...errrr..killed.

Um, again.. from the latest news...

Of the 17 Navy SEALs,

15 were from the top-secret unit that took out al Qaeda’s Osama bin Laden in Pakistan in May 2011.

Continue reading on Examiner.com U.S. military killed in Afghanistan: U.S. Dept. of Defense releases their names - National Conservative | Examiner.com www.examiner.com...

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by worlds_away

Hmm, I was thinking the opposite scenario. On that famous night, our Canadian media reported that some people died in the raid. One of the questions in the Pakistani press was "How many died in the compound and how many died in the crashed helicopter?" When the American press took over the story, it sounded as though no seals were killed, which seems a trifle odd to me, since the plane was on fire, presumably exploded? (Pak press articles and film of the blaze at the time)

Now if some seals were indeed killed that night but the gubbmint was spinning a tale to the contrary, what about the families of those seals who might be asking questions as to why their loved ones were not replying to their messages, etc? Now there would be real egg on the face of TPTB unless they could find a way to announce their deaths to everyone. So knock down a plane and send some bodies home saying they were in the one that was downed by the suddenly sharp-shooting Taliban. Just my own conspiracy theory, but it's the only thing that makes sense to me.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Actually, the original statement from the un-named WH source, when it appeared on AP, said they didn't believe these were the same Seals as those in the raid on the compound. This actually leaves it somewhat ambiguous and unconfirmed.

I don't know if any other official sources made a more definite statement, but I did see some articles interpreting the above statement as 'they are NOT the same Seals' - which was only in interpretation of an ambiguous statement.

I don't understand why it was phrased that way.
edit on 11-8-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by aboutface

Maybe. The more likely scenario, however, is that the chopper wasn't in flames when it went down. My understanding of it is that it was a controlled pancake (something military pilots train for quite a bit), brought on by a system failure. Optimal conditions (no crosswinds off of mountains, no pieces missing) and that's perfectly possible. In that case, the fire makes sense, being that it's standard procedure to torch (with thermite) unrecoverable equipment, or equipment that can't be guarded until it's recovery, to keep it from falling into enemy hands. Especially the radios that are loaded with crypto. That'd explain the blaze.

Of course, I'm not completely ruling out your theory, but what I'm seeing here and what I've seen first hand on deployments seems to be meshing up pretty kosherly. Or is it just kosher? Can you add -ly to kosher? Someone help me out here.

On a side note, I just realized that nearly half my posts have been me stating my disagreement with peoples positions. I should probably start making posts when I have other things to say too...

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by MasterAndrew
Ofcourse they would. STS 6 isn't as good as Aussie SAS. You should expect tragedies.

Right, you mean like in 1996 when over a dozen SASR were killed when their helicopters crashed during training. That wasn't even in combat.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   

reply to post by Ben81

THE SEALS SHOT DOWN WERE NOT THE SAME MEMBERS THAT RAIDED THE BIN LADEN COMPOUND!!!

Why do people that scream research and information, not only miss the details, seem to ignore the facts? WHY?

This site would be perfect if there were no such thing as Hippocrates!!!!!

This is from the person who said

GREAT! Why does it seem like our Govt. keeps giving the delusional fools a reason to cry conspiracy?

Why can't they just wait to get the exact #'s.. Its almost like they like toying with the mentally challenged. I didn't have time to read the thread, but am sure that this will be seen as some sort of conspiracy.

Such irony always makes me chuckle

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Hmm...they edited it from one numerologically significant number to another. Not surprising.

17 is a prime number.

The Prime number 17 was called by the Pythagoreans - opposition, obstruction, and evil, and the day the Devil triumphed over God. This number hums with the astrological nature of the planets Saturn and Hades, and the zodiacal sign Capricorn.

The number 17 also means: Young goat, Capricorn Zodiacal sign, seethe, boil, dream, rave, old, discourse, daze.
edit on 20-8-2011 by coyotepoet because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by MasterAndrew
Ofcourse they would. STS 6 isn't as good as Aussie SAS. You should expect tragedies.

out boys died over there while you sit your punk a55 on this computer dogging them hopefully someone gets your a55 and ill say that someone is better then you too richard head

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
The reason why the numbers changed is that the press jumped the gun.

They counted everyone on board as a SEAL. They forgot there was Army aircrew driving, and AFSOC personnel on board, too.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join