It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon Edits Number of Dead SEALs in Afghan Copter Downing

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Pentagon Edits Number of Dead SEALs in Afghan Copter Downing

www.infowars.com

Pentagon Changes It's Story on death of SEAL Team 6, Number of SEALs Killed Changes From 22 To 17
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
God bless the government for lying so much to the world
Its because of such missleading facts ATS was created
there is always good things coming out of bad things afterall

There is so many mysteries surrounding the OBL operation and the navy seal team 6 ...

First How OBL was found in Pakistan living like a protected prince.

How OBL was fastly disposed in the sea

How suddenly the Seal team who killed OBL their copter was shut down .. (so they wont be question by anyone in the futur)

How suddenly they have killed the taliban who fired the RPG

How suddenly now they changed the number of navy seal casualties

This just deepen the FACT that Washington still lie
and will continu to lie
the question is WHY did they lie again concerning this infamous team..

I dont beleive the military made a mistake while counting the missing ..
do you ?

www.infowars.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 8/11/2011 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Ofcourse they would. STS 6 isn't as good as Aussie SAS. You should expect tragedies.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Reply to post by Ben81

It does seem a little odd that some of the most valuable men and women to the military could not be accounted for until around a week later... Unless...Maybe when the chopper went down a few we're taken hostage and not recovered until now? But we got the "hero" propaganda to cover that up?
Just a thought.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by worlds_away
Reply to post by Ben81

It does seem a little odd that some of the most valuable men and women to the military could not be accounted for until around a week later... Unless...Maybe when the chopper went down a few we're taken hostage and not recovered until now? But we got the "hero" propaganda to cover that up?
Just a thought.

Taken hostage .. mmm plausible
30 talibans running to the crashed chopper site
certainly some of the navy seal were captured but the pentagone cover it up ..

why did they wait until they had the correct number
why releasing a false number that everyone was killed .. did some survive ?
after the crash ???

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

"How suddenly the Seal team who killed OBL their copter was shut down .. "

My good man the seal team that killed OBL was not on this flight ?

secondly the bodies of afghans were mixed into the bunch of us bodies ...

you can't recognize them they had to be brought back in mixed bunch

later this week they will sift throught he remains to identify each body count.

Changing the numbers of the seals on board doesnt really surprise me given the nature of the incident and how badily the bodies were dismembered and unrecognizable

only thing i don't believe is they got those responsible for the death of all these men including afghans on the heli

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
so you telling me that there was no record of how many and who was on that flight back at the base?? come on!!!

There would be a record (somewhere) no matter how classified the mission / operation was - there would still be information on how many of a certain squad was aboard

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flying Sorcerer
so you telling me that there was no record of how many and who was on that flight back at the base?? come on!!!

There would be a record (somewhere) no matter how classified the mission / operation was - there would still be information on how many of a certain squad was aboard

no not always sometimes missions are gogogo paper work later . Lazyness ... lack of protocol ... pick up people half way who were not supposed to be on that flight etc...

many things can happen that changes the out come. Change choppers last minute because of problems .. not enough seating etc

Thats probably what took them so long .. They had to do a headcount to see who was missing sad ? sure ?

but you bet you bum they will be alot more accurate with record keeping and who goes where on what and when etc...

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Reply to post by Ben81

Why do they release a number?
I've wondered about this for a while. When they release a number of casualties to the public right after something like this I think it makes me think that they want to control some part of the information coming out, rather than all of the details being present about what happened. This caused me to question their motives.

However, it could be that they recovered all of the remains but couldn't identify how many were there. But, nagging in my mind is... I'm sure they did a headcount before they left, and if they recovered ALL of the people on board when they released the 22 count, alive or dead, it should be easy to identify how many died. It wasn't a huge number of people involved, around 30?

edit on 11-8-2011 by worlds_away because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by seedofchucky

Are you saying that the most elite of the elite seals would somehow be unaccounted for?

The 5 they were off were actually on a secret mission, so secret there could not be any paper trail?

The problem was that family of the presumed dead were going public with pictures and identities of some of these seals, and that created a new level of unanticipated risks... Those 5 could no longer be among the dead seals.

Move along now, nothing to see here, just a minor clerical error....
edit on 11-8-2011 by Fractured.Facade because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

FF, who told the family their loved ones had died if they now are changing the number that died?

Obviously they didn't yet have the correct information.

The original OBL team six names were never released, also commanders didn't want these names released.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Exactly, and with identities and pictures being released by families (some of them foolishly did in person news interviews in the MSM) have now created serious security risks, for themselves, and others involved in the OBL raid or NOT, they are all now potential targets for revenge.

There is a story here, though we'll never have the truth, or facts to back it up... That said, the military and intelligence community are now responsible for the security of these families of the seals that have been identified, in the media.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Reply to post by Stormdancer777

That's another question I had. Could you imagine hearing that your loved one had died and then days later they're alive?
"Where was he?!"
"We thought he was among the dead, ma,am. But we found him _______(location)". - he doesn't spring up from the dead!! He had to have been missing, but we don't hear any of those details.

Unless that's totally not the case, and something else entirely is happening.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   

"Are you saying that the most elite of the elite seals would somehow be unaccounted for?"

most elite ? hardly ... i wouldn't transport my "elite seal team" in a ...........

would you ?

secondly would you let other afghans ride along side with this "elite team"? would that not jeapordize there identity ? I mean they are the elite of the elite like you said no ?

"The 5 they were off were actually on a secret mission, so secret there could not be any paper trail?"

No paper trial missions ? omg thats unheard of

I would kindly ask you to visit this link and see why a chinook would not be the best choice for your "elite team"

en.wikipedia.org...

its not he first time you know

"The problem was that family of the presumed dead were going public with pictures and identities of some of these seals, and that created a new level of unanticipated risks... Those 5 could no longer be among the dead seals"

How is that a problem ? Would you not want to honour your dead ones ? This is a natural reaction not a problem .

the pentagon has never kept names of death soliders classified . Why start now ? because it might link them to the obl team ? which in a couple years time would be public knowledge anyway after they retire and write there books?

yea lol

en.wikipedia.org...

These are the teams were only authorized to know .

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by seedofchucky

"Are you saying that the most elite of the elite seals would somehow be unaccounted for?"

most elite ? hardly ... i wouldn't transport my "elite seal team" in a ...........

would you ?

Absolutely, if I wanted to stage a fake "crash"

They did, and admit they had 'members' of the elite seal team 6 in one of those, flying slow and low in a hot zone in Afghanistan.

Go figure.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   

would you ?

Yep, the Chinook is a good airframe. Old, but good. As you can see, that helicopter is under control.

secondly would you let other afghans ride along side with this "elite team"? would that not jeapordize there identity ? I mean they are the elite of the elite like you said no ?

Hmmm...don't do much research, do you? Little tid-bit of info: MACV-SOG during Vietnam had teams that were mainly Vietnamese/Chinese/Laotian/Cambodian with maybe 2 or 3 Americans leading the team. There's a history of US/Foreign National teams.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
GREAT! Why does it seem like our Govt. keeps giving the delusional fools a reason to cry conspiracy?

Why can't they just wait to get the exact #'s.. Its almost like they like toying with the mentally challenged. I didn't have time to read the thread, but am sure that this will be seen as some sort of conspiracy.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

THE SEALS SHOT DOWN WERE NOT THE SAME MEMBERS THAT RAIDED THE BIN LADEN COMPOUND!!!

Why do people that scream research and information, not only miss the details, seem to ignore the facts? WHY?

This site would be perfect if there were no such thing as Hippocrates!!!!!

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShaunHatfield
GREAT! Why does it seem like our Govt. keeps giving the delusional fools a reason to cry conspiracy?

That is actually one thing in this case that works in their favor.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join