It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

England riots: Hackers hit Blackberry over police help

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   

England riots: Hackers hit Blackberry over police help

www.bbc.co.uk

Team Poison defaced the official Blackberry blog, posting a message that threatened the firm with retaliation if it handed user data to authorities.

Blackberry's instant messaging service is believed to have been used by some looters to plan their movements.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.theinquirer.net

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
London riots: BlackBerry to help police probe Messenger looting 'role'

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I have to agree that i don't like people tracking cell phones, but that is what the customer agrees to when they buy a cell phone, they are taking that risk.

I find this attack pretty, how might i say... grr. Yeah just grr, i really hate these riots, and anyone helping them are just pissing me off. Its just what the global Elite wants, get the people to freak out and riot, so then they can either install a police state, or, start a "revolution." The issue with the "revolution" is that the people running the rebellion will be the global elite again, who will then just take control, and give people a false sense of security.

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Use Peer 2 Peer mobile apps for communication, there was some released at DEFCON.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
heard this yesterday

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by JennaDarling

Use Peer 2 Peer mobile apps for communication, there was some released at DEFCON.

The Onion network...

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
at threads Londons BURNING!
I wrote this (page 71):

Originally posted by voyger2

the mobile phones, are one of ultimate weapon's on this kind of movement's. to stop the gathering they have to stop mobile phones in londons area...i dont how they could do that, but it could have also, major issues to others national interests and security....
all this is ambiguos...we dont know true origin of the movement.. but they are weel organize, because we can see the police back down with few element's, and facing suprise.. this is coordinate from outside.

let's hack these hacker's... Everyone is free to make upon their one decisions, so, the hacker's aren't the only ones to be free ... WE ARE ALL FREE!!! Blackberry companie should help if she want's... they dind't star any war.. the hacker's did.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   

at threads Londons BURNING!
I wrote this (page 71):

the mobile phones, are one of ultimate weapon's on this kind of movement's. to stop the gathering they have to stop mobile phones in londons area...i dont how they could do that, but it could have also, major issues to others national interests and security....
all this is ambiguos...we dont know true origin of the movement.. but they are weel organize, because we can see the police back down with few element's, and facing suprise.. this is coordinate from outside.

let's hack these hacker's... Everyone is free to make upon their one decisions, so, the hacker's aren't the only ones to be free ... WE ARE ALL FREE!!! Blackberry companie should help if she want's... they dind't star any war.. the hacker's did.

None of that makes any sense

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I have a strong distaste for the scum rioting in the U.K. right now. These people are the lowest of the low, bottom feeders. But do I think Blackberry should bend over backwards and give out info to the cops? NO. Even though I'd love justice to be served, I don't think the police should have power over private companies when it comes to our privacy.

I.e.
2000 rioters
Millions of U.K. residents

What are the cops going to do? Go through every single text message sent? I'd only be for this should there be a pedophilia ring that they (the police) wanted to bring down. I'll gladly void some of my privacy in such a case. But not for riots. Isn't London some of the most heavily watched over areas? Camera's one very street light etc? If so, what's the use of having it if they can't catch the rioters with 'em? Isn't that kind the point?

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by CrimsonMoon

In the first place I was talking about mobile phones that can be used to organize mob's thefht's, that aren't genuine protesters. Now, in second place, these hackers that organized these mob of thefht's, are threatening blackberry, should be also hacked or arrested, in the end.

So it makes sence. Mobile phones where used to organized this and know this team poison is threatening the discover os truth.

this all conected.
note: there is also a rumor payment's been made to some people with influence, to start this. This all in intereste of making global agitation. I agree with genuine protest, Idon't agree with killing and robbing inocent people. In the end it all como to this.

thk's
edit on 11-8-2011 by voyger2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Frontkjemper

Of course it is wrong, but its legal over there.

Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act 2000
Source (yeah wiki whatever)

The Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act 2000 (c.23) (RIP or RIPA) is an Act of the Parliament of the United Kingdom, regulating the powers of public bodies to carry out surveillance and investigation, and covering the interception of communications. It was introduced to take account of technological change such as the growth of the Internet and strong encryption. RIPA can be invoked by government officials specified in the Act on the grounds of national security, and for the purposes of detecting crime, preventing disorder, public safety, protecting public health, or in the interests of the economic well-being of the United Kingdom. The Regulation of Investigatory Powers (RIP) Bill was introduced in the House of Commons on 9 February 2000 and completed its Parliamentary passage on 26 July. Although RIPA originally listed public authorities such as local councils for some kinds of covert surveillance, in September 2003 Home Secretary David Blunkett announced additions to the list of those entitled to access certain types of communications data collected under RIPA in what civil rights and privacy campaigners dubbed a "snoopers' charter". Following a public consultation and Parliamentary debate, however, Parliament approved the new additions in December 2003, April 2005, July 2006 and February 2010.[1]

RIPA regulates the manner in which certain public bodies may conduct surveillance and access a person's electronic communications.
The Act:
- enables certain public bodies to demand that an ISP provide access to a customer's communications in secret;
- enables mass surveillance of communications in transit;
- enables certain public bodies to demand ISPs fit equipment to facilitate surveillance;
- enables certain public bodies to demand that someone hand over keys to protected information; allows certain public bodies to monitor people's internet activities;
- prevents the existence of interception warrants and any data collected with them from being revealed in court.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I've bumped into Tricks from team Poison quite a few times on facebook groups. There all muslim extremists They all go under the Pro Palestinian agenda but have done some pretty messed up stuff. They hacked one site and posted Hitler pics and hitler quotes, wtf. Here's there Facebook group make up your own mind about them. But i think Tricks is one racist sob from his past rantings. www.facebook.com...
edit on 11-8-2011 by CydonianKnight because: .

top topics

join