It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK-riots-2011-Britains liberal intelligentsia smashed virtually every social value.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   

UK-riots-2011-Britains-liberal-intelligentsia-smashed-virtually-social-value.

www.dailymail .co.uk

So now the chickens have well and truly come home terrifyingly to roost. The violent anarchy that has taken hold of British cities is the all-too-predictable outcome of a three- decade liberal experiment which tore up virtually every basic social value The married two-parent family, educational meritocracy, punishment of criminals national identity, enforcement of the drugs laws and many more fundamental conventions were all smashed by a liberal ntelligentsia
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 11-8-2011 by EvanB because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I think Mel Phillips sums our liberal wrecked society to the letter.

Since the 60's the very moral fabric of society and function, has been eroded and destroyed by left wing social engineers who have succeded in all but destroying our families, and traditional values to the degenerate state things are now.

I admit that not all the old ways were good, but now we have let too many people get away with too many things and people are more concerned with their rights rather than their responsabilties.

People like me have been warning on moralistic degredation for years, but were shouted down by the so called left wing intelects who have now been proven wrong with this massive slap in the face by the morons they helped create.

Now we have to undo that damage with an iron fist.

God help us all.

www.dailymail .co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
On [legal] immigration, some could be allies, even of death penalty.

London shopkeeper laments lifetime's work wrecked

www.abs-cbnnews.com/global-filipino/world/08/09/11/london-shopkeeper-laments-lifetimes-work-wrecked

LONDON, England - "Everything is gone. My life is gone," said shopkeeper Sivaharan Kandrah as he surveyed the wreckage of his convenience store on Tuesday, looted and gutted by a rampaging mob in a vicious night of violence in London.

From northern Sri Lanka, Kandrah had made the Clarence Convenience Store on the edge of a public housing estate in Hackney, east London, his life, working 90-hour weeks at the counter for 11 years, never taking a holiday.

Now it lies in ruins, its stock looted and its fittings smashed to pieces by hooded rioters who stripped it bare. It was ripped apart in a frenzied orgy of violence, leaving so much detritus strewn around that he can barely enter his own front door.

A shop, and a life, wrecked.

"What can I do? I'm helpless and hopeless," he told AFP.

"My livelihood is gone. A lifetime's work is gone. Eleven years of my life gone. Everything, everything gone. There's nothing left."

Kandrah reckons £50,000 ($80,000, 60,000 euros) of damage has been done. He had building insurance but not contents insurance.

(...)

"They should get the gun and shoot all of them."

A black youth in a yellow t-shirt wanders in and scans the detritus, offering Kandrah some words of comfort.

"There's a lot of us, innit, that's willing to help. When you're ready, let us know," he says.

We're here all night, don't worry, boss. This is our Clarence Road."

(...)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjjtir
On [legal] immigration, some could be allies, even of death penalty.

London shopkeeper laments lifetime's work wrecked

www.abs-cbnnews.com/global-filipino/world/08/09/11/london-shopkeeper-laments-lifetimes-work-wrecked

LONDON, England - "Everything is gone. My life is gone," said shopkeeper Sivaharan Kandrah as he surveyed the wreckage of his convenience store on Tuesday, looted and gutted by a rampaging mob in a vicious night of violence in London.

From northern Sri Lanka, Kandrah had made the Clarence Convenience Store on the edge of a public housing estate in Hackney, east London, his life, working 90-hour weeks at the counter for 11 years, never taking a holiday.

Now it lies in ruins, its stock looted and its fittings smashed to pieces by hooded rioters who stripped it bare. It was ripped apart in a frenzied orgy of violence, leaving so much detritus strewn around that he can barely enter his own front door.

A shop, and a life, wrecked.

"What can I do? I'm helpless and hopeless," he told AFP.

"My livelihood is gone. A lifetime's work is gone. Eleven years of my life gone. Everything, everything gone. There's nothing left."

Kandrah reckons £50,000 ($80,000, 60,000 euros) of damage has been done. He had building insurance but not contents insurance.

(...)

"They should get the gun and shoot all of them."

A black youth in a yellow t-shirt wanders in and scans the detritus, offering Kandrah some words of comfort.

"There's a lot of us, innit, that's willing to help. When you're ready, let us know," he says.

We're here all night, don't worry, boss. This is our Clarence Road."

(...)

Yeah

They did not come all this way, endure the intial racist welcome of a few morons, work their balls off, pay taxes that keep those scumbags in new baseball caps, for all of their work to be destroyed in a night!

I think these last few nights have sifted te wheat from the utter chaff in this country and has galvernised communities more than any liberal policy ever has done.

People of every background demand change, but its going to be tough to change the attitudes of some who are so hard wired to rebelion and violent criminality that harsh measures are needed.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Its the daily fail, it should be ignored like everything from fox news should be ignored.

They both have a long history of propaganda and lying.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flyer
Its the daily fail, it should be ignored like everything from fox news should be ignored.

What a crap arguement, so if it came from the guardian you would be for it huh.

She says what vast swaithes of this country have been thinking for years but have been proved right over the last few days.

If the left are proved wrong, they ad-hom attack with their own bs because they are too shame faced to say they were wrong.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

Hellooo...am i the only one around here .

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anusuia
reply to post by EvanB

Hellooo...am i the only one around here .

Nope

The truth is hard to disagree with so rather than responding it gets ignored, but thanks for bumping the thread

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flyer

Great others are here too. thanks for saying it was Fox newspaper.

I get tired of the far right feeling so entitled all the time . I cant stand that chardonay set of ladies who made careers instead of looking after their children , then look down on all the women who did choose personal responsibility of staying home to look after their children and to make sure they were not running amok .

You know what girls really want . they want a stable husband who will look after the family and they can stay home and cook sew and do tea parties with other moms and kids . Thats what the young ladies of today want .

So all you career moms who have not shown by example to your boys the role of a man in the house is to provide and protect the family , go talk to the hand .

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

Can you clarify who the 'Liberal Intelligentsia' are please?

From your tone Im assuming you are a proponent for being tougher on criminals, i.e. longer sentencing et al?
Look to America for the answer to that one - It doesnt work.

Why do daily mail readers always see that as the answer? Do you think we should invest in preventative strategies? Or just essentially lock up every criminal? - if that were the case we would have no politicians, bankers left in the world?

You say that 'we have let too many people get away with too many things and people are more concerned with their rights rather than their responsibilities' - How do you propose making sure people are responsible? Do you not think there is a link between social cohesion and people acting responsibly, rather than acting in self interest? - again look at the politicians and bankers who only ever act in self interest. watch this brilliant Adam Curtis documentary on self interest video.google.com...#

or dont watch the documentary and carry on getting a distorted world view from the daily mail.

Interesting how the dm article traces blame back to the Tony Blair Government - I could site numerous opposing arguments that would suggest you can trace blame back to the Thatcher Government.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Anusuia

Its not a fox newspaper nor is it owned by the Murdoch group, and tbh, there is much in it that makes me roll my eyes, however I think this article is spot on.

And FYI, I think it is the husbands role to provide for his family and the Moms role is the most important in the world.. A return to traditional roles may not be practical in the current climate with bot parents being forced to work, but it is certainly the ideal.

Here in England the kids see moms revolving bedroom door with new "dads" and kids to different fathers. There is no stable male role model, and society has suffered for it.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by slinkey10

My view of the world is not out of the pages of the daily mail but real life growing up and around such people and seeing it for myself!

I will watch your vid and reply in due time.

But from my own real life experience, I can tell you that we have gone past the softly aproach in changing attitudes as they are hard wired, thus need a harder wake up call.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

Had to pick up on this point - You say that the rioting has
'galvernised communities' - I would suggest, this is a distraction away from the real criminals i.e. Guberment etc.

A typical DM/SUN tactic - get the masses frothing and stigmatising a certain group in society - single mothers (they did this), benefit scroungers et al - and while you lead your moral crusade the Guberment/bankers rob u blind! Its funny

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
However, that merely describes and does not help. I can assure you that those who make the rules certainly dont police the streets or teach the classes,but just writing about is no answer.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by slinkey10
reply to post by EvanB

Had to pick up on this point - You say that the rioting has
'galvernised communities' - I would suggest, this is a distraction away from the real criminals i.e. Guberment etc.

A typical DM/SUN tactic - get the masses frothing and stigmatising a certain group in society - single mothers (they did this), benefit scroungers et al - and while you lead your moral crusade the Guberment/bankers rob u blind! Its funny

Some of those things HAVE helped create the problem, and to blind yourself to it is stupidity.

There are indeed women in my street who push out kids as a career move, but also there are many more who are not alone by choice or design, and am not blind to that either.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

A lot of the dads are walking out on mom and the kids . First males need to be good moral men who are committed and do have jobs to go to . With women in the workforce and jobs lost from the men with the other half taking them , then the man becomes feeling inadequate .

So this devolution of society has come about by greedy governments who wanted more taxes so im told , from the other half of society .

Anyway my gripe is the double standands of these right winger ladies who are critizing single moms while they themselves never gave all their time to the kids .due to being such hard working moms in high powered careers .
Instead the kids did as they wanted on nice lumps of money from mom and dad to go play .

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Also I would like to add that those at the top are just as entitlement crazy as those at the bottom.

With them its do as they say rather than do.

Successive self interest in governments are as much to blame, even more so for the eternal social engineering by policies created by well meaning left wing academics.

It seems the way to hell is indeed pathed with good intentions.

Welfare is great until it becomes addictive, then it becomes a crutch, then an entitlement.

edit on 11-8-2011 by EvanB because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Anusuia

I agree.

Over here though its the left wing femi-nazi's or middle earners who look down on single moms.

It takes a woman to raise a man, but a man to show how to treat a woman, and if those things get skewed, then society suffers.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Well EvanB ...The upper classes and bankers feel very entitled to your money . You slave they display .

I agree with alot of whats in the article but once again those welfare people dont get that much of the bucket . lead from the top down . The leaders must show moral fibre first and i think everyone of those awfull kids know how disgusting their political leader are and the filthy rich are decadant and then they see police corruption . thats the one closest to that class .

So whos to blame here .???
A good society is lead from a good head on its shoulders first .
Just as was my point about the family being lead by a good man first so the moms can be good moms and the kids can be watched like a hawk by said good moms as they are not out there slaving in the workforce .

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by slinkey10

Newapapers sell with sensationalist stories that are written for entertainment more than fact.
The dail mail would blame everything on leftwing politics, aren't Blair & Brown still being blamed for all that goes on in the UK & do not in particular Sun & Mail readers totally agree with this?
Isn't the daily mail a Murdoch paper?
They play on the minds of the simple & often cause those simple minds to act. (wrongly)
Newspapers are having a field day with the UK riots (sell sell sell) & the government is milking it.
Cameron & his ego made sure the police response wouldn't happen until he returned.
Cameron & co. brought in these policies that take take take.....( & the bankers get get get). Wonder if these riots would be happening if Labour were still in power???
Says it all really.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join