It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WSJ.com - "markets around the world are coming to grips with a new world order"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Caught some very interesting wording on the live blog on WSJ.com Very interesting indeed. Not surprising though, just interesting...

After the first-ever credit downgrade of the U.S., markets around the world are coming to grips with a new world order. Meanwhile, the the Federal Reserve pledged to keep interest rates near zero at least through mid-2013, and the European Central Bank said it will buy up bonds on a massive scale. Follow continuing live coverage of the political and market tumult below. For previous live blog entries,

blogs.wsj.com...

ETA:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/eaefd36e5908.jpg[/atsimg]

Did they just spill the beans, or more sensationalist headlining?

edit on 11-8-2011 by majesticgent because: added screen shot

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by majesticgent

I think they spilled the beans and added a side of fries to there order,somehow this just doesn't suprise me.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
The concept of being united as one world with no wars scares you?

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   

WSJ is a Rupert Murdock conglomerate. That's why WSJ didn't get too in depth over the UK phone hacking scandal. I'm guessing that article is both a preperation and an agitation at the same time.

link   

Originally posted by JennaDarling

Have you ever read ANY history at all?

I hope this was just sarcasm, but if not then you should know that too much power in the hands of too few people only leads to death, destruction, poverty, slavery, hunger, brutality, hopelessness, and nothingness....

link   

There is a war alright. A financial war. When the dust settles this "new world order" won't be reigned in by thoughts of pleasantries and niceness. I'm sure it will be ruled with an iron fist.
edit on 11-8-2011 by majesticgent because: (no reason given)

link   
It's disconcerting how the media acknowledges this often, yet when you try to convince someone that there is in fact a group of people who want more control, more power, who are working both in and out of the spotlight to bring things in line with their agenda...Those people often scoff, resist completely, and dismiss you as crazy.

On the other hand, the media often portrays our financial problems as a consequence of an irresponsible Wall Street. Irresponsible, perhaps - but are these mistakes and mismanagement or purposeful acts?

I believe most, if not all of the current financial troubles of the Western World have been purposefully orchestrated to bring the world to it's knees and force it to accept these new systems and laws that will bring us closer to the so called "New World Order."

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
The conspiracy theorist in me notices a 9 and a 11 in the date that this was posted.
OK OK sorry I just couldn't help myself.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   

I'm sure it will be ruled with an iron fist.

They already told you years ago that it would be "an iron fist in a velvet glove". However, they won't force it on the people as so many believe that they will. The people will beg for it! Remember they even put it in the movie "Star Wars" with a question and statement. How does democracy die? With thundering applause.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Nobody is stupid enough to use the phrase "new world order" without knowing EXACTLY what they are doing. This usage in the WSJ was just as accidental as GHW Bush using the phrase ten years to the day before 9/11. This has all been planned for a long, long time. The only way to avoid it is to burn everything to the ground and start again.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
...And the conspiracy theorist in me seems to think I need to read between the lines and say that mid-2013 is when the New World Order will be ushered in.

Seriously, it's already here, and tomorrow it is still here, just a little more entrenched; a little more evolved. The truth is that we keep waiting for this sudden "a-ha" moment. That is not usually how things occur. There will be no declaration or "memo," if you will, only the gradual evolution of what we can call this NWO, snaking through every facet of our lives. Some people, I would think, already live within it, others are just getting glimpses. I think, in some way, it has a potential to be a good thing, but in its current realization, it is not good at all. The fact is, it is a social organism that no one can possibly hope to directly control. And even if we did have a supreme leader or council, I don't know that even they could do it all by and for themselves.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by trueperspective

Have you ever read ANY history at all?

I hope this was just sarcasm, but if not then you should know that too much power in the hands of too few people only leads to death, destruction, poverty, slavery, hunger, brutality, hopelessness, and nothingness....

It SHOULD scare people, at the present time.
I'm going to use Films as representative of my reasoning

A one world government similar to say the Star Trek Federation- thats a one world government run by the people with others in charge who run it FOR the people and not for their own benefit - THIS is the type we all would welcome, respect and work hard to protect.
However then you have the polar opposite for example Equilibrium - thats aone world government where people are treated like drones, those in charge run it for themselves and their own gains, they only want to control the people and keep the subservient.

And at present we are heading more to the latter we already have mood enhancement in our food and water supply, increasingly restricitive controls on our freedoms, abuse of military and police forces to further agendas not defence, the list goes on.

Now the question SHOULD be who do we want in charge of us, those that want to benefit Humanity as a whole or only themselves?
Scared? you shoud be if you continue to let the events of the world pass you by and do not take an active interest.
If it is just news to you and you change channels then do not complain when you get shackled.
edit on 12/8/11 by DataWraith because: additions

new topics

top topics

join