It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why So Angry? Buddha Wisdom

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by JR MacBeth

Thank you for this very honest and insightful post! Again I would say that in order to act upon justice one does not need to get angry but only see what is right. That may be difficult to separate, but it is most definitely possible.

"But I take pleasure in the battle!" Well this is it right here then isn't it!

"When you open the door to pleasure, you also invite sorrow." J. Krishnamurti

I sincerely hope you are able to overcome your troubles, it is never to late to start!

Peace friend.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZIPMATT

And the Buddha cannot be 'quoted# you have to admit that.

Why can the Buddha not be quoted? What is your reasoning?

I am stilll waiting for an answer > you see children getting abuse, by the government or molesters or whatever > you are going to just stand by and watch ?

The Buddha saw a young boy plucking small crabs from a pond. The boy ripped off the legs of the crab as other children cheered him on. As the boy proceeded to do the same to another crab he picked up, the Buddha rebuked him and told him to stop. He explained to the boy that all living creatures feel pain and want to live. He told the children that the rights of all living creatures are to be protected.

Buddhism does not teach to sit by idly and watch injustice. This is an inaccurate assumption.

edit on 8/11/11 by Sahabi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by LifeIsEnergy
reply to post by ZIPMATT

"I am stilll waiting for an answer > you see children getting abuse, by the government or molesters or whatever > you are going to just stand by and watch ?"

Do you think you have to be angry in order to act? Do you have to get angry in order to walk to your car? Or do your homework/job? Or order a pizza? Or do your laundry?

Now let me ask you this, do you think being angry and being discontent are the same thing? Surely one does not have to be content with getting burned by fire, does this in your mind mean he should be angry at fire? That would be completely futile!

Peace.

So what you are saying is you wouldnt be angry at seeing children getting abused > without answering the question directly. You dont think others should be angry at it either .
You also ignored the issue of forgiveness following anger and being more important.
I would be angry at seeing that until there was honest repentance, and the person suffer hard in shame. I havent got it in me to forgive people who molest children. I hate tyhem so much I want to see every one of them covered in shame, for years and years until they die. Is that ok with you ? Because I dont care if its not.
It is right, it will stay right> you want to be awake > understand anger, as I said >
You wish to remain asleep during injustice > try and ignore your natural emotions, whenever you can >
If its even when children are suffering from people who abuse them > that is inhuman. You are proposing the Buddha was a faceless weasel only out for himself. Thats not compassion > that's Buddhism for selfish ignorant americans.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ZIPMATT

You've missed the entire point of this OP, insofar as all of the follow up posts so kindly directed towards helping you understand why anger is ruining your life. Now I must agree you are trolling only to provoke others, and so I must discontinue this conversation until you are ready to actually talk about it together with us calmly and respectfully, instead of just parroting your angry opinions over and over.

Peace.
edit on 11-8-2011 by LifeIsEnergy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

Why can Buddha not be quoted? Because he never wrote anything down. That leaves the door wide open .

If you dont get that , you need your head examining. Like the others who have misquoted and misinterpreted what I am saying : because they dont have a clue in reality .

Buddha was overcome with compassion when he saw a child with broken legs snivelling in the street .
He got down off his high horse there, to go and do something about it.
2400 years later , you've got american 'buddhas' going around trying to tell people not to give a # .
The Buddha would be hopping mad about that : people trying to neuter themselves with a head# 'meditation'.

If you want to know what enlightenment is, it is knowing you are chosen . It is knowing you were born chosen for it > the job of protecting children , animals , the defenceless, the poor , the suffering .

Not the job of giving people excuses not , to stand up for their rights and give knowledge to others how to do so.
And that doesnt make me a Muslim does it..

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by LifeIsEnergy

What if I hold anger not against someone, but rather as to intentionally gain fuel of intense energy flowing through me? The way i see it, there are two types of anger.

1. The one you hold a grudge against others and yourself.
2. the other when you actually are aware you need the anger for certain reasons, but yet you have the ability to forgive other and not hold it against anyone and use it as a fuel.

just something curious I just thought when someone told me to stop posting on another site which caused me to make even more posts and watching him/her rage.

My darkside emerges I admit, and the thing is, the adrenalin rush is amazing if used correctly.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ZIPMATT

Where is the Gospel of Jesus Christ? I only know of the Gospel according to such and such.

Prophet Muhammad was illiterate all the way till his death. I am an ex Salafi Fundamentalist that learned under several knowledged sheikhs and muftis of various Sunni sects. Do not attempt to state inaccuracies about Islam to me and think you can get away with it.

The Qur'an was not written in muṣḥaf until the 3rd Caliph Uthman did so. Until that point it was transmitted and memorized orally by hafidh/hafiz (people who memorized Qur'an in it's entirety). Qur'an is ONLY Qur'an when recited. In book form it is only muṣḥaf. Qur'an might have never been written if not for the many hafiz that were killed during the battle of Yamamah.

What about all of the public speeches made throughout history that were never written down by the orator? Can we not quote those also?

My angry brother, you are grasping for straws.

And as I illustrated in the crab story, Buddha did not promote to sit idly while injustice occurred. You are as mistaken as the Buddhists that sit by and watch injustice.

Brother, if you have any doubts as to my knowledge or personal gnosis or enlightenment, please take some time to look at my threads and previous posts.

I am American, but I am not some stupid American Buddha as you say. I am a first generation born American from noble Laos ancestry, and my entire family hails from the Theravāda Buddhist tradition. I abandoned my native religious upbringing to pursue Christianity and then later Islam. I am now spiritual, not religious.

What is your agenda in this thread? What are you trying to prove? If you just want to keep instigating arguments, stating inaccuracies, and being negative, I will leave you with this quote:

[Qur'an Surah 109 Al-Kafiroon]
"Say : O ye that reject Faith!
I worship not that which ye worship,
Nor will ye worship that which I worship.
And I will not worship that which ye have been wont to worship,
Nor will ye worship that which I worship.
To you be your Way, and to me mine."

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by LifeIsEnergy
Why So Angry?

[Such a simple thing to understand, yet how many of us truly understand this? Maybe some of us truly do yet we strangely believe that anger is useful in the sense that it is a motivational driver for establishing justice. We are angry at politicians. We are angry at war. We are angry at bad drivers. We are angry at our bosses or co-workers or customers or clients, at our spouses or children or parents. We are angry at people who use words like "enlightenment" or "God" or "spirituality". We are angry at the world. And why? What use does it have? Do we think it will fix our problems?

This is not surprising though because an awakened one will never become angry. But let us not place the Buddha on a pedal stool and act like we too cannot awaken to this simple realization today; that when we are angry at something or someone else, we are only hurting ourselves and making our lives that much more difficult than they already are. When we truly realize this simple fact, the doors of real lasting and powerful change will open wide.

Its all me , us and ours. No one else counts in this OP . It obvious where your 'motivational drivers' really are.

Jonah , sat there really very angry when the peopl of Nineveh repented at his preaching and God forgave them.
Even when God gave him miracles of his own to witness, he remained angry . Even when God said to him , "Does it do you well to be angry?" He remained angry as hell.

This is why he , was chosen for the task . He never gave up on true righteousness : it upheld him all the way along .

And who can finish this line spoken by Jesus according to the witnesses Matthew Mark and Luke .. "If anyone hurt so much as an hair on one of these (my children's) heads ....

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by RisenAngel77

Good question. Anger distorts our ability to remain rational and clear minded. Therefore, what use does our energy have if it is not accompanied with rational and clear thoughts to direct it properly? If you are a healthy individual with a clear mind, you have an infinite amount of energy at your disposal whenever you need. Also, one does not need anger to act upon what is right. You see a wrong, and you act to make it right. Do you get angry at water when you leave your windows open while it rains? Or do you simply close the windows? To get angry at the water would be completely futile, because it is what it is. And to get angry at yourself would also be completely futile, because you cannot change the past, it is over with and gone.

Peace.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   

reply to post by Sahabi

If you want to know what enlightenment is, it is knowing you are chosen . It is knowing you were born chosen for it > the job of protecting children , animals , the defenceless, the poor , the suffering .

you are NOT chosen for enlightenment. no one is chosen for it. enlightenment comes from practice and meditation. it comes from following the middle path and learning thru your life. learning from your mistakes, from your success, from your love, for you acceptance of others, from realizing your "self" thru all lives, and most of all, learning from and accepting your karma in this life and past lives.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

That is about the most conceited post I have ever read. Dont quote your sheiks and yammunis to me I dont care who they are.

I have read the Quran and you cant pull your Islamic nonsense over my eyes . Its worse than Christian nonsense.

You cant translate 'Muslim' or 'Islam' > that makes your sect a cult , with cult leaders and hidden agendas. No I dont go in your Mosque either , I dont go to church > I m not some sucker who soaks up bull announced in Arabic, and I am not some Jesus lovin nerd either .

You can shove your Talmud in the bin > it is not what the prophet produced . I take it only from the horses mouth, so you dont count, neither do your 'Immams'

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by LifeIsEnergy

Also... so many people focus only on the time and effort it takes to plant a fruit tree....

They neglect the emotions contained within that moment they place a first fruit in their mouths.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by dorkidori_s13

reply to post by Sahabi

you are NOT chosen for enlightenment. no one is chosen for it. enlightenment comes from practice and meditation. it comes from following the middle path and learning thru your life. learning from your mistakes, from your success, from your love, for you acceptance of others, from realizing your "self" thru all lives, and most of all, learning from and accepting your karma in this life and past lives.

me me me me me me me me me me me me . change the record !

wow, its evident all youve done in this thread is tried to start sh*t. all of your responses are purely negative and very condescending to the people trying to actually talk about what was originally posted. please take yourself elsewhere. while i do respect the fact that people are entitled to their opinion, your opinion was shared and the continuous sharing of it just isnt respectful at all.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Anger is a natural feeling which has served it`s purpose to still exist in evolutionary terms. There must be some advantage to this feeling. If you want people to deny anger then you render the population to becoming servile.

Anger works well in small communities where boundaries are drawn. However, in a global system the last thing the Illumaniti want is anger.

Everything is relative. Please do not stop being angry - it can be a wonderful feeling.
edit on 11-8-2011 by dr treg because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by dr treg

The only thing anger has done is cause more destruction and hatred, and made our world even more chaotic and violent then it already was. I do not know what the illuminati want, or if they even exist, but I do know the power of peaceful non-violent movements. A revolution created out of anger will only create a more violent and destructive society, as I think the revolution in America has proven.

"Please do not stop being angry - it can be a wonderful feeling" That is a very funny thing to say!

When was the last time you were happy while being angry? Sorry, but that sounds very psychotic and messed up!

Peace.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by dorkidori_s13

I am not going to sit back while you rip Buddha off and tell me and other people what's what with impunity .

I am going to state it : you clearly know NOTHING about enlightenment . You only know how to wrap your 'self' up .

I think you are seriously 'karmically challenged' , if you cant recognise a simple fact : other people, especially those I clearly stated : ie children, animals, the list , MATTER MORE than you do .

But how do I know you are going to tell me I am wrong ? Why dont you go and feed yourself some more of your OWN burgers?

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
What happens when Buda hits his thumb with a hammer when doing some woodwork - does he come out with his platitudes. Of course not. You are psychotic if you deny natural human feelings.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by dr treg

Sorry, I did not call you psychotic, only the thinking that anger is a wonderful feeling. There is no denying human nature, only understanding it.

Peace friend.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ZIPMATT

Brother, I have answered each one of your questions with precise answers, of which you simply ignore. Your only responses have been to ignore and insult. If you take my post as conceit, it was a mere brief biography for you to understand my qualifications to address your questions.

As I said I would do, I now humbly end this conversation with you. May we all find enlightenment and liberation. To you be your way and to me be mine. May Peace be upon you.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join