It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MUST READ!! An Amazing Letter to The Primeministers Parents...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   
This letter was created by Nathaniel Tapley, an English writer, and gives a great insight into the recent developments all across English cities.

Dear Mr & Mrs Cameron,

Why did you never take the time to teach your child basic morality?

As a young man, he was in a gang that regularly smashed up private property.

An Open Letter to David Camerons Parents

Please discuss your opinions on wether this man has a valid point or not.
Thanks
edit on 11-8-2011 by Dionisius because: added paragraph

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Maybe its just a coincidence but that link has made my phone crash twice..

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

its a lot of text, completely fine on my computer.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
What a great read. The guy that wrote this has only touched alittle on just how corrupt our goverment is.

Such a shame we can't use a water cannon on the Bent MP's.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Dionisius

Brilliant
, True and well summed up .

There’s Michael Gove, whose wet-lipped rage was palpable on Newsnight last night.

Yeah I watched that and he made my blood boil
, typical arrogant Tory .

For anyone that didn't see this idiots performance on Newsnight this is for you .

edit on 11-8-2011 by gortex because: Edit to add

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Some very valid comments from a critic and the writer himself.

August 10, 2011 at 1:36 pm

Hacked Off

Nice piece and right on the money. Just make sure you only address it to his mother. His father died last year and it would be a shame for a well-constructed argument to be debased by Tories crying foul on your insensitivity.

August 10, 2011 at 1:43 pm

Nathaniel Tapley

Yes, I thought about that, but I think it underscores the point that whenever you blame someone’s parents you are doing so in utter ignorance of their situation. Whenever Cameron himself places the blame on parents, he has no idea if he’s talking to widows or the recently bereaved and yet he still feels quite confident in doing it. Yes, it’s crass and insensitive. It’s also exactly what he does.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Brilliant post, but i watched the first minute or so and had to turn it off before i started breaking things

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Yeah but Gove is correct...isn't he?

It really is the liberal nanny state that has caused all this effect....

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by TreadUpon
reply to post by gortex

Yeah of course hes correct but hes a Fing hypocrit just like Cameron

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   

reply to post by gortex

How is he right ? , by employing the old political tactic of blaming the last government for everything , by trying to make it look like Harriet Harman supports the rioters because she blames it on the cuts being put in place by his government , cuts that hit the poorest the hardest .
The rich get richer and as usual the poor get screwed , I don't support what has happened but I do see it as the first salvo in a much larger period of civil unrest .

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by gortex

reply to post by gortex

How is he right ? , by employing the old political tactic of blaming the last government for everything , by trying to make it look like Harriet Harman supports the rioters because she blames it on the cuts being put in place by his government , cuts that hit the poorest the hardest .
The rich get richer and as usual the poor get screwed , I don't support what has happened but I do see it as the first salvo in a much larger period of civil unrest .

Now that is a very good point my friend, I missed that out.
Good work

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   

I didn't see your thread.... i didn't think anyone here would have seen the letter!!!

I wasn't trying to take away from your thread!!!

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

I didn't see your thread.... i didn't think anyone here would have seen the letter!!!

I wasn't trying to take away from your thread!!!

No not atall you havent taken away from it, but how would you recommend getting more people to read it etc. as you can see im quite new here and this is one of my first threads. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Edit:

Haha i just realised what you're getting at. Dont worry about it, but i would appreciate it if you S & F'd me and ill do likewise right now.

Peace
edit on 11-8-2011 by Dionisius because: edit

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

It's the site, not your box. I checked it with Yslow because it nearly crashed me too. 442 separate external Java scripts...among other things. Geeze..and I thought I'd gone a little far on my websites with JS stuff.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I didnt realise it was slow, worked fine on my laptop otherwise i would have just quoted the letter. Thanks for the input though.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

I have just stumbled across this post. My own thoughts would be to use social networking against them. What I mean is to use Facebook/Twitter eg; not to cause violence or rioting but to find out what businesses these politicians/criminals are involved in, and then use Facebook/Twitter to get people to boycott the said businesses. Therein lies our power, they are hit in the pocket. They will start listening. I may be a million miles offtrack here, its a just a thought.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by JustMeLiverpool

I have just stumbled across this post. My own thoughts would be to use social networking against them. What I mean is to use Facebook/Twitter eg; not to cause violence or rioting but to find out what businesses these politicians/criminals are involved in, and then use Facebook/Twitter to get people to boycott the said businesses. Therein lies our power, they are hit in the pocket. They will start listening. I may be a million miles offtrack here, its a just a thought.

Yeah you are quite offtrack, i just wanted to know what the best way is to make your thread attractive and readable, but youve raised a really good point, unfortunately parliament has just passed new laws giving the government more power in cracking down on social networking sites such as facebook. 1 nil to the politicians it seems.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Sorry for being offtrack,
If its a good point spread the word.
If it isnt, no harm done.

peace

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Oh it's all good. I waited for them to load and read the article. Despite the poor design of their site, the article you linked to was worth the trouble to get to. Very interesting read. I ought to know a bit more about the leader of our closest ally, but I'm ashamed to admit this letter was more educational that it probably should have been for me.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misterlondon
Maybe its just a coincidence but that link has made my phone crash twice..

1 PC and a laptop just went haywire when I clicked that link, what the hell? coincidence?

<<   2  3 >>

join