It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Powers to evict rioters need extending, says minister

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
This is NOT the way to go.

Simple way to punish them, MAKE THEM CLEAN IT UP and FIX EVERYTHING.

You cannot make people homeless and deprive them of benefits to help them in life, however you can make them fix what they broke.

All that does is make the situation become a "who cares now, I have nothing to lose, lets make it much worse".

Olympics is a no go as far as I am concerned. I am avoiding it like the plague regardless. Can somebody figure out what areas they are talking about and their relation to the Olympics?
edit on 11-8-2011 by JennaDarling because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
The power of eviction has always been in the tenancy agreements.

Sometimes its against other tenants only and sometimes its against everyone.

I have no problems with them changing the wording from other tenants to everyone.
Maybe the scumbags will behave like humans if they think they might be out on the street.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Could be nothing more than scare tactics for their parents, then again if their parents let their kids do that, why would they care. Most are living on the bottom of the barrel as it is, they don't need yet another kick in the face.

I stick by my demands that those charged (near over 500 at the last count) should fix everything and clean everything up.

I think the community would at least appreaciate that.

Most of the rioters do not even live in that area, that is a classic Sinn Fein / PIRA tactic, buss in rioters from other areas to cause trouble for their political gain.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Ok, First of, i never said that these was planned, in my opinion these where spontaneous and where not planned by the government. Not everything is a government conspiracy.

Secondly, about the poor and the unemployed being shoved onto the streets, this is wrong. Yes, there is a class of scroungers in England, but you get that in any country that has a welfare/benefit program. They are trying to crack down on this, i have friends that are on the doll, and they have to work to receive that doll payment, odd jobs here and there that people dont really want to do.

More and more people are becoming unemployed, and for that reason it is harder to find jobs. There are on average between 30-50 applicants per advertised position now. Hell, i haven't even found myself a job for the summer. People tell me "why dont you just get a job, your being lazy!" Fact of the matter is, i HAVE TRIED OVER AND OVER, no one will touch my with a pole because im a student, i've handed out well over 30 cv's in separate cities, the only call back i got was from Vodaphone who said no because im a student and can not commit to the job. Luckly i've managed to land one working burger vans in festivals.

You may say that i will be able to find a job after i get a degree, but degrees are common now, the business's have plenty of people to choose from who have degree's. This makes the job market harder and more competitive, especially for the ones who dont have a degree, wouldnt surprise me if you couldnt even work in tesco without a degree in 10 years time.

So what about people like me and my friends, the ones who can not find a job? Or the people who have been made redundant, do they have to find employment within a month or get thrown out with their wife and kids?

Its alot more complicated than you think, you can not just generalise the unemployed as "being lazy". Many are trying, and trying there damm hardest.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
who said that the rioters were poor , these scum aways seem to have designer label trainers and clothing
not forgetting the latest mobile phones .

there are many poor people out there that do not rob , loot and commit arsonistic attacks .

and it is a sad fact that there will allways be a rich and poor division .

we could give everyone of the poor people £100,000 each but in one year later some of them would have nothing left whilst some would have more , it is a fact of life

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by tom.farnhill

very true.

''Yeah man, we is ,living in such poverty, i is going to go out and riot and ting cos i is so disadvantaged and opressed''

Via Facebook for iPhone

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Trolloks

Problem - Reaction - Solution = NWO

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by franspeakfree

I spill a mans drink in the pub - Problem.

I apologise to the man, the man is still angry - Reaction.

I buy the man a drink to replace his spilt one, even though it was half full - Solution.

Everything can be connected to the problem, reaction, solution equation. Just because every event can be traced back to this, does not mean it was planned in the beginning.
A governments job is to react to a problem, whether they create it or not. If they did not react, imagen what would of happened.

I agree that there has definitely been government cover ups and conspiracys, and will be more and probably some going on right now, however i dont believe that this is one of them. Why would they want to loose the olympics?

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trolloks
Everything can be connected to the problem, reaction, solution equation. Just because every event can be traced back to this, does not mean it was planned in the beginning.
A governments job is to react to a problem, whether they create it or not. If they did not react, imagen what would of happened.

Wrong, the governments job is to do what their told, to pass laws/bills when they are told to pass and to instigate agendas at every turn. PROBLEM - REACTION -SOLUTION is the crux of it.

edit on 11-8-2011 by franspeakfree because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by franspeakfree

Just because conspiracies and cover ups exists, does not mean that EVERYTHING that happens is a cover up. Parliament was not even running when this happened, MP's where in different countries.

Maybe you're the one in the bubble? Thinking everything is a conspiracy, being surrounded by your own paranoia.

How is it in your bubble? Mine has a recliner sofa and a decent sound system.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Trolloks

Because only the council where these people actually live can usually evict them...

Sheesh!!

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by JennaDarling

This is NOT the way to go.

Simple way to punish them, MAKE THEM CLEAN IT UP and FIX EVERYTHING.

You cannot make people homeless and deprive them of benefits to help them in life, however you can make them fix what they broke.

All that does is make the situation become a "who cares now, I have nothing to lose, lets make it much worse".

Olympics is a no go as far as I am concerned. I am avoiding it like the plague regardless. Can somebody figure out what areas they are talking about and their relation to the Olympics?
edit on 11-8-2011 by JennaDarling because: (no reason given)

Why do you want to help thugs and criminals "in life" exactly? Do you really believe these people wouldn't have beaten and mugged you had they had an opportunity?

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trolloks
reply to post by tom.farnhill

very true.

''Yeah man, we is ,living in such poverty, i is going to go out and riot and ting cos i is so disadvantaged and opressed''

Via Facebook for iPhone

LOL!!!

That's just pathetic...

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by jimbo999

Firstly, that was my point, why can't manchester council contact the council that the criminal lives so that THAT council can evict them.

And the joke you called "pathetic", for smegs sake lighten up man. These people organised this through phones such as blackberry and Iphones, i can't even afford to have a phone that has touchscreen, dont see me complaining that im poor and oppressed.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   

So....if you make them homeless, doesn't that mean that they have more chances and opportunities to mug and beat people?? They will constantly be on the streets, with no home or shelter, they have nothing to loose by mugging or beating people then, they either get money, or go to prison where they get free food and shelter.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join