It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US asks China to explain why it wants carrier

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Gakus

hubpages.com...

if its not there

forums.randi.org...

or possibly

www.scribd.com...

thats just the bush- nazi bit

www.11points.com...

There the big players ford.. coca cola... dunno if IBM are on the list...

you know just the major companies funding the major members of congress at that time...

i am however in work, 2morrow during the day i will provide more for you because i cant be bothered searching for stuff thats in my favorites list in the house....

real easy though... if the war continues... bush continued to make money out of addative sales, coca cola would make larger sales to the nazi's IBM too, ford were supplying the nazi's and allies with veichles...

doesnt take a rocket scientist to work out it was in these companies best interests to push the war for all its got

Side not -
Also.. whilst on the subject of ww2 (i really dont want to derail this thread) see... the russian winters and how the effected troops and supplies for the nazi's, also see when hitler axed his best (and most decorated, and some could argue truley brilliant war mongers) generals when thy objected against atacking russian more and fighting so spread out across the western front, and the impact that had once hitler took full control of his military forces.

Peace
edit on 11-8-2011 by GonzoSinister because: Side note.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I think its a fairly dumb question. If te Chinese government had malicious intentions then they wouldn't tell us.

US: "Hey China, what ya doin?"
China: "We build ship."
US: "We Kinda See that, What for?"
China: "Oh, well...truth is. You Americans have such large penis. We asian have small penis and can't compete. We build big ship to feel better."
US: "HAHAHA, That makes sense, well have a good time on your new ship."
Chinese government walks away..."We see who has last laugh when we destroy you."

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by fuzzy0087
I think its a fairly dumb question. If te Chinese government had malicious intentions then they wouldn't tell us.

US: "Hey China, what ya doin?"
China: "We build ship."
US: "We Kinda See that, What for?"
China: "Oh, well...truth is. You Americans have such large penis. We asian have small penis and can't compete. We build big ship to feel better."
US: "HAHAHA, That makes sense, well have a good time on your new ship."
Chinese government walks away..."We see who has last laugh when we destroy you."

This had my sides splitting, good job!

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

Simple.

We are a free nation. China is not. Now while in practice they are not far from each other, in theory we are the rightful owners of such equipment. We don't turn aborted fetuses into medicine, collect bear bile, put prisoners into horrible work camps, and demand our citizens only have one child, and arrest artists who dare question the oligarchy. Our government may sometimes flare up for a year or two with such desires to do so, and perhaps a few fall unfortunately, but they never last.

There is no other reason necessary. China doesn't have to listen to its citizens on their opinion to start a war or not. Our government does.
edit on 11-8-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

US asks China to explain why it wants carrier..lmao.. really?.. what a dumb question..

Ok..the US govt spends untold billions on "intelligence", yet.. just can't figure out any reason what so ever China wants an aircraft carrier... hummm, so baffled.. they decided to alert the media and ask.

Fully expecting the Chinese govt to cower in fear of Americas moral authority.. and, on bended knee.. deliver a candid, honest, and trustworthy response... "It is for peaceful and humanitarian purposes".

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoalPoster
And if I was a Chinese diplomat fielding the question, my response would be, Shut up, dickwad. You owe us so much money, we could have come and repo-ed one of yours, you blathering cauldron of putz, so shut your pie hole and scurry back to one of your fourteen carriers before I call due a couple of trillion.

Excellent, then China can stop accepting the approximate $2.5 Billion in aid they receive from said countries every year.

China Receives $2.5 Billion In Foreign Aid From Countries In Debt To China And Running Massive Deficits Read more: www.businessinsider.com... 1Ult16k00

[url=http://www.businessinsider.com/china-just-became-the-worlds-second-most-powerful-economy-but-its-still-receiving-25-billion-in-foreign-aid-2010-9 [/url]

And that $68 million plus in aid from the USA alone, they can just put that to what we owe them.

Yes, I certainly want to know what they want with an aircraft carrier.

Harm None
Peace
edit on 11-8-2011 by amazed because: link

edit on 11-8-2011 by amazed because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
It's none of Americas business to why China wants a carrier, every country has the rights to build up a force to protect their country.

Why does America need enough nukes to destroy the planet at least 10 times over.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   

China has no reason to go to war with America. They have America by the balls, so why do they need to go to war with them. And since when has China been interested in war, and show me the evidence that they want the rest of the world to be communist? You are talking crap! Another person who can't gandle the fact that China will be the next super-power. I just hope they do a better job than America!

When has China not been interested in war would be a better question. The US has already fought in proxy wars against China. One of the larger conflicts was the Korean war, in which the UK was also heavily involved. What type of delusional happy-happy land do you live in to think China would use any of its power for good or the benefit of anyone?

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Regarding China buying a carrier..etc. This may sound weird and if it does...so be it...but....I keep getting the feeling that within the next few years...there is going to be some sort of attack in the orient and/or by the orient.

I also wonder if the U.S. are getting the Fema camps ready for them.

During world war 2 on the west coast thousands of Japanese were put in camps called (War Relocation Camps). I live in the city of Seattle and there was one here.

I know that the U.S. apologized to Japan etc. and people think this can/t happen again...but I am not so sure.

Does anyone else feel this way?
edit on 11-8-2011 by caladonea because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-morris
reply to post by ateuprto

Really? So, you telling me that they are not getting a percentage of the oil in Iraq. You telling me that all the oil companies were already talking about it before iraq was taken over? It seems that America will only invade countries where they will get something out of it. But lets be honest, they left Iraq in a complete mess.

I believe they were going to invade iraq, and i believe they lied about the weapons. I am not the only one to think this. If America are doing this out of the kindness of their hearts, then why do they only seem to help countries with oil?

Your intelligence is dangling out of your zipper. Are you one of the people who thinks we invested TRILLIONS in Iraq to obtain a tiny bit of oil? You do know the United States of America imports more oil from Canada and South America than the entirety of the Middle East combined, right?

Investing trillions to gain millions is a piss-poor investment. When you people get off the crazy bus let me know.

Oh, and we haven't left Iraq yet.
edit on 11-8-2011 by ateuprto because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by LittleBirdSaid

Originally posted by ateuprto

Originally posted by Jay-morris

Originally posted by ateuprto
reply to post by JennaDarling

My first question would be what country you reside in?

We ARE a peaceful nation, and despite your simplistic point of view, the rest of the "Western" world is just as dirty as we are. I think you forget the fact that many of the conflicts the United States of America enters are because they are asked to do so on behalf of your "peaceful" European nations. The "War on Terror" is a different story, however it is one that is much, MUCH more complex than a simple act of unwarranted aggression.

There was nothing peaceful happening when they illegally invaded iraq. Im not suprised that countries are going hardcore with there militery. Maybe its because they don't know who America will invade next, could very well be them!

That is fear-mongering nonsense not based in reality. We are not there for resources. We are not there because we hate Islam. The invasion of Iraq was not a wise choice, that coming from a man who has been deployed there. It was a short-sighted, reactionary decision made on non-existent and/or false intelligence. That is not to say that Saddam Hussein's regime was innocent of harboring individuals and organizations with the intentions of attacking the United States of America, because I assure you, he was. Had I been commander-in-chief we would have not started that campaign, though I am much more familiar with tribal, social and religious relations in the region. A strong-handed, brutal dictator has been necessary in many Arab nations. They are the only ones ruthless enough to control the widespread intercultural and inter-religious conflicts that exist there.

The United States of America is guilty of making poor decisions in the immediate aftermath of the 2001 attacks. I have no qualms with conceding to that. It is my (our) responsibility. I can assure you, however, that most of the scum we are currently engaged with in Afghanistan and Iraq today are horrible human beings. They slaughter men, women and children knowingly and intentionally. Not in isolated cases of insanity, but as widespread and accepted doctrine. Their perspectives are so warped and ingrained that it would scare you. I have no problems with our killing these jerk-offs, but I have also seen what they are capable of first-hand.

The point is that we are not some insane war-machine, wantonly attacking whoever we deem unworthy. There are plenty of nations we have had issues with for decades that we have not engaged militarily. That is because they have not presented a threat to our nation militarily. When men are willing and able to inflict mass civilian casualties on our own soil and abroad, do you expect us to sit back and wait for the next attack? How does one guarantee safety without proactively hunting down and engaging those who intend to kill as many of our countrymen and women as possible? How does one guarantee safety without actively engaging and tracking those who have every intention and all the funding necessary to procure a nuclear weapon? They are not seeking nuclear weapons as a means of mutually assured destruction, I.E. Defense. They are seeking these weapons with no other intent than to detonate them on Western European and U.S. American soil.

I can agree that our preemptive doctrine with regards to military force is seemingly unnecessary and in many cases backfires, but it is a necessity in this day and age. We, among other nations, have learned our lessons the hard way. There is simply no way to guarantee "homeland security" from the homeland anymore. EVERY CIVILIZED NATION participates in global intelligence gathering and preemptive military actions. I will give you $1000 if you can give me a nation who does not.

Saw you are from the UK, do you find your own nation exempt from any of this? If so, take me to fairytale land with you.

Ateuprto - Thank you for your excellent responses - from an American who has been there. They just grow better as this thread progresses. You are correct and well written, with a handle on history and diplomacy. I felt a sinking feeling myself while seated overseas in a Command post just prior to shock and awe. I read the intellegence guide to the Anthropology of the region and felt we will never get through here - we are at a loss to understand the culture, the tribal culture.

We are misdirected in our approach sometimes. First we want to move beyond the threat of our own safety being jepardized. Then we think the world wants and deserves a better quality of life - just as we continue to seek that dream ourselves. We live at the high end of Maslows theory and can't quite comprehend those areas of the world that insist on, bring upon themselves the inablity to live beyond basic needs in a sometimes a brutal way. Tribal cultures will fight and exterminate to the last man, woman or child standing with no discrimination - yet they cry foul as we try and stop this madness.

China concerns me. Another save face culture. Those that think we are evil, will be in for quite a shock if they pray too hard for our demise. I am hopeful that there is truth that China's economy is not so strong as they display - and in their need to keep the peace with us for economic reasons. Unfortunately we will not hear about starving Chinese - but certainly we all hear about "struggling Americans" who's poverty level is truely not one of abject suffering. I hate to get all hippy - but really, I am tired and truely wish we could all just live in peace. Take care of each other and behave as good stewards to our Planet. Perhaps because I am older, a mom now, and a Veteran of War myself - I am truely weary of all this fight in our World.

Thanks there bird, I get a bit "pissy" in here though when people throw false and ignorant accusations on ANY country. I guess refuting WRONGFUL claims means that U.S. Americans do not know how to take criticism. As much crap as the U.S. takes for having a seemingly "stupid" population, I see a lot of Western Europeans with NO GRIP on history, politics or the global economy. It's quite sad actually, as I criticize my own nation as much as they do, only I do it from a realistic perspective.

Makes me think they either teach selective history lessons or have thrown the subject out all together.

Your kind words are appreciated though. Last time I checked, European nations were dropping more ordinance in the Middle East than anyone, save for the U.S. in Iraq and Afghanistan (Asia technically). Oh well, guess we can just blame the U.S. for NATO's decision to get involved in Libya. Intelligence is definitely lacking, to the point I'm finding it hard to have RATIONAL discussions with people.

I'm with you though, I'm ready to begin the process of global harmony, however it is unlikely to happen in either of our lifetimes.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
whatever china is doing with said carrier you can bet there is a fast attack us sub following close by
said carrier cannot hide all surface craft are targets us subs are the epitome of stealth
would not take but one fish to put big target in davy jones locker

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by RUNSILENT
whatever china is doing with said carrier you can bet there is a fast attack us sub following close by
said carrier cannot hide all surface craft are targets us subs are the epitome of stealth
would not take but one fish to put big target in davy jones locker

With a name like runsilent you'd almost believe there is a Dolphin-sporting Submariner behind this post. Maybe an enthusiast at the least. I would venture to say your assumptions are spot on. Now the real concern is that the U.S. American sub and the Russian sub run into each other while tailing this thing. That or the U.S. American sub tailing the Russian sub and the Russian sub tailing the U.S. sub run into each other. Like a school of blind hunter/killers down there. Might actually be such a thing as running too silent!

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ateuprto

yeah actually happens on occasion but most russian boats are pretty noisy the equipment signatures
of said russian usually is heard long before contact
even back when i served tho we did bounce off one once both running silent as we were playing a little game
they call blind mans bluff

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin

I have a question why does America need to have 11, yes 11 active Aircraft carriers 10 of which are Nimitz class and have another 2 brand new aircraft carriers go into construction. Just so you know the first General R. Ford Class carrier is going to cost America approximately 14 billion dollars all in.

And why is it ok for America to have such a vast fleet of aircraft carriers unquestioned yet they can question China for building one, which is a soviet era converted carrier. Who ever gave America the right to ask such questions.

PS: this is not another “hate America thread” it just strikes me as somewhat hypocritical of America to turn round and question China’s need for one aircraft carrier when America has 11 and another two in the pipe line.

economictimes.indiatimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

I couldn't agree more!, US think is the only country allowed to have Mass destruction weapons, the whole world should recognize the threat to their national security.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by JennaDarling

it is quite evident (from these forums) that American's don't like to be questioned, criticised and judged.

However, they will happly judge the rest of us (the rest of the world) and question them and criticise them.

Americans get so much flak for everything that of course they are going to get sick of being criticized, judged, or questioned. So I'm sorry that we bite back when we're attacked.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
ach, its a stupid question to begin with. the purpose of carriers is to show military presence. carriers are too vulnerable compared to their military value. i remember there has recently been an issue, namely why the US is still building carriers despite advisors pointing out the flaws of carriers. so why does china want to have a carrier operating? to show military presence in the pacific. as asian hegemon, this is a rational thing to do.
so if the question is so dumb, why is the US asking? to manipulate public perception and raise suspicions regarding china. its just fear mongering. simple as that.

edit. ah i forgot, china bought the carrier like over decade ago and just now finished bringing it back to shape. which only further supports my point.
edit on 11-8-2011 by CriticalCK because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
What a laugh - America is worried about "transperency" mwwwhahahahahaaaaaa

Honestly, what tripe we are fed.

I wonder if there are any American parts on the Chinese carrier.? Made in America / Owned by China.

Nice Friday funny, Thanks OP

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by one_small_step

Made in Russia actually.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by NeoSpace
It's none of Americas business to why China wants a carrier, every country has the rights to build up a force to protect their country.

Why does America need enough nukes to destroy the planet at least 10 times over.

Could you imagine one day some dude knocks on your door... says his name is Uncle Sam and you, peon, must answer to his moral authority.. why did you adopt a Pit Bull?.. and whats up with that gun you bought?.. HUH!?.. are you in any way impugning on MY interests??.. do you dare challenge my ability to destroy you?

I hate nosy neighbors.. and dickheads

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join