It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US asks China to explain why it wants carrier

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by GonzoSinister

Can you show me the line in the UN handbook that says nations can't ask other nations questions without permission?

China asks why we can't pass debt legislation, we ask them why they bought an old Soviet carrier. Its simple dialogue.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

Never said there was... Just said it was my thoughts on the matter....

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
yeah alright i stopped reading the thread after the first page.

talk about a non issue you think buying a junk carrier and slapping a "made in china" label on it and they think they are a sea power?

thats hilarious or any technological advance for the last 10 or 20 years all ripped off by espionage.

it takes more to be called a superpower than a "chinese junk boat" and name a carrier.

when you wanna run with the big dogs you build boats WE BUILD COUNTRIES!!

meh nothing to see here.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I think this is all PR.
I'm sure the US posed the question behind the scenes via diplomatic channels and didn't like the BS answer they got (ie research and rescue).
So now to make the US look like they are exhibiting transparency in case any sh*t hits the fan later, they are making a public inquiry to China.
I mean really, what do they expect China to say? "It's for us to kick Taiwan's ass if they try to declare indipendence".
China is not that much of a threat YET, so the US is just letting them know that they're keeping an eye on them.
edit on 11-8-2011 by Konstantinos because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I am thinking that the US government feels that their 11 active Air craft carriers, give them the right to question other countries....

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Its a pretty legitimate question considering China not to long ago called carriers, "a tool of imperialism". So if they such big bad tools of imperialism, why do you want one? Its just more of that hypocrisy going around. You all can keep cheering in the China section all you want. Watch what happens when you get your wishes. Wouldn't surprise me if that carriers first mission is to take over the islands in the South China Sea.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
I am thinking that the US government feels that their 11 active Air craft carriers, give them the right to question other countries....

That and...

20 B-2 Stealth Bombers
95 B-1 Bombers
94 B-52 Bombers
450 Minuteman ICBMs
18 Ohio class ballistic missile subs
6,000 M1 Abrams main battle tanks
168 F-22 Stealth air superiority fighters
367 F-15 Tactical fighters
1,245 F-16 Multi role fighters
776 F/A-18 Carrier based fighters
335 A-10 Ground attack aircraft
727 AH-64 Attack helicopters
and some partridges in some pear trees thanks to DARPA and Skunkworks.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
China: "How else to you expect us to collect the debt you owe, but will refuse to pay?"

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

The US is the world police so it's a legitimate question. Don't need a Johnny-come-lately butting in or getting in the way.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
The public has known China has had the Varyag aircraft carrier along with several others for a long long time.

Also on public websites it says China laid down the keels for 2 other home made aircraft carriers....quite a while ago.

Big deal.

I'm sure the US has answered all of China's questions as well.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Bramble Iceshimmer

Im Guessing this is Sarcasm??

you mean the US have DECIDED they are world police!

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I love how quick people are to insult and cry foul on America and praise China as some kind of second coming, you must have a very terrible memory, and to all those asking the question "Who made the US the world police?" You did after you begged and begged for us to come fight your wars for you.

America is almost always coached into wars for other nations because they lack the power themselves to get the job done, America is the world's pitbull, everyone fears us, but they couldn't live without us. Remember that the next time you speak your country's native language, and not German.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin

I have a question why does America need to have 11, yes 11 active Aircraft carriers 10 of which are Nimitz class and have another 2 brand new aircraft carriers go into construction. Just so you know the first General R. Ford Class carrier is going to cost America approximately 14 billion dollars all in.

And why is it ok for America to have such a vast fleet of aircraft carriers unquestioned yet they can question China for building one, which is a soviet era converted carrier. Who ever gave America the right to ask such questions.

PS: this is not another “hate America thread” it just strikes me as somewhat hypocritical of America to turn round and question China’s need for one aircraft carrier when America has 11 and another two in the pipe line.

economictimes.indiatimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

IMHO I think the article pretty much covered that thought.. I think the world knows that, and in the whole dog and pony show mind set,we are pretty transparent about our military.. America's military is constantly in the spot light and it's hard for us to hide our intentions.. that's just what I think. S&F!
edit on 11-8-2011 by 31Bravo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
U.S.: Why do you need an aircraft carrier?

China: Not going to tell, we are Lei Ying Lo, Why, Sum Tin Wong?

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by bobdigi

Hate to break it to ya but Americans stopped being the good guys a long-ass time ago.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gakus
I love how quick people are to insult and cry foul on America and praise China as some kind of second coming, you must have a very terrible memory, and to all those asking the question "Who made the US the world police?" You did after you begged and begged for us to come fight your wars for you.

America is almost always coached into wars for other nations because they lack the power themselves to get the job done, America is the world's pitbull, everyone fears us, but they couldn't live without us. Remember that the next time you speak your country's native language, and not German.

I let this garbage slip alot on here....

Lets look at the facts.... we were fighting the war for some time, american industry was making plenty of money at the time from the bad side of the fence, you were finaly pushed into the war not because of the whole pearl harbour thing but because of addatives being sold to the german airforce were pattented by none other than the bush family who seen it as a profitable move and forced congress to move into the war!!

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by xXxinfidelxXx
reply to post by bobdigi

Hate to break it to ya but Americans stopped being the good guys a long-ass time ago.

The Government stopped being the Good Guys...we the American people have some Decent Folk...And while our Government sucks where would you be without em??probably not where you are now or anywhere near the level of comfort..So yeah they suck and need to be replaced but they are still better than other Countrys Government so I'm sayin maybe we're not the good guys but we are the better than the alternative guys

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

It's because we are the world police. And the police don't like it when you have toys that can compete with theirs.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by GonzoSinister

Originally posted by Gakus

I let this garbage slip alot on here....

Lets look at the facts.... we were fighting the war for some time, american industry was making plenty of money at the time from the bad side of the fence, you were finaly pushed into the war not because of the whole pearl harbour thing but because of addatives being sold to the german airforce were pattented by none other than the bush family who seen it as a profitable move and forced congress to move into the war!!

So I'm to believe in your conspiracy theory over a more logical and accepted one?

I'll bite, what proof do you have to back up these claims?

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by GonzoSinister

Hey Gonzo do you know if theres anyway to find George Scherff's I mean where Prescott Bush is buried?? I love to pay my "respects" hahah if thats what they wanna call it

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join