It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US asks China to explain why it wants carrier

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
why does the US need to ask

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I'll tell you what that new carrier for. The gov't knows it and so do I, and of course China. It's for Taiwan.

The Chinese are going to fight tooth and nail to get Taiwan back. We almost came to blows over it in 1996. We dispatched two carriers in the region.

Right now China is testing this new carrier with 2 more on the way. Taiwan is currently producing anti-carrier missiles. Taiwan knows it also. This will be the conflict that starts WWIII or will be a theater of WWIII. You can almost cherry pick the scenario's. China invades Taiwan giving the U.S. "reason" to start WWIII. Then N. Korea and S. Korea go at it. Then Iran and Israel. Turkey and Syria. U.K., France, etc invades Africa. Anyone of of those could start anytime (besides Europe taking Africa, that's going to be a spoils of war run), but any of the other ones are more than likely going to take place within the next few months.

But that's exactly what China's carrier is for. No doubt.
edit on 11-8-2011 by J.Son79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by bobdigi

Indeed. India, Australia, France, Britain, have carriers so why worry about China having one. We're not paying for it.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
the reason we asked was in response about how they were talking about our downgraded borrowing status,
any fool knows that the reason china building large fleet is to colonise other regions and to retake Taiwan.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearPaul
How rude!

The US Government will find other nations will respect them more if they lose the "we can have it, but you can't" attitude they have towards other nations.

It gives the impression they are concerned that China may interfere with their plans for world domination.

ejj ummm i did find it rather odd at first,But now it does seem kinda weird they have went this long without any and now there starting to mae them seems kinda odd...

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by J.Son79
I'll tell you what that new carrier for. The gov't knows it and so do I, and of course China. It's for Taiwan.

The Chinese are going to fight tooth and nail to get Taiwan back. We almost came to blows over it in 1996. We dispatched two carriers in the region.

Right now China is testing this new carrier with 2 more on the way. Taiwan is currently producing anti-carrier missiles. Taiwan knows it also. This will be the conflict that starts WWIII or will be a theater of WWIII. You can almost cherry pick the scenario's. China invades Taiwan giving the U.S. "reason" to start WWIII. Then N. Korea and S. Korea go at it. Then Iran and Israel. Turkey and Syria. U.K., France, etc invades Africa. Anyone of of those could start anytime (besides Europe taking Africa, that's going to be a spoils of war run), but any of the other ones are more than likely going to take place within the next few months.

But that's exactly what China's carrier is for. No doubt.
edit on 11-8-2011 by J.Son79 because: (no reason given)

Where is your evidence that China want to do this? I have not seen evidence that China are stupid enough to do this, and throw away all the things they worked so hard to achieve.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin

US asks China to explain why it wants carrier

economictimes.indiatimes.com

As China commenced sea trials of its first aircraft carrier, the US has sought an explanation from Beijing why it needs this kind of equipment and asked it to be more transparent about its power projections.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Wow, the sheer, sheer hypocrisy. They must feel in a strong position because they're not even trying to hide their insanity any more.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Podius1
Indeed...., Australia,..., have carriers ....

Actually, Australia hasnt had an aircraft carrier since 1982.
But its been on a "wish list" for a while and one can be sure that if they day comes when we do get one, ther USA wont be demanding answers as to why we need it.

(Because we will have probably bought it from them, second hand, worthless, and overpaid for it as well)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
OP is making the assumption that other countries do not ask USA the same type of questions. We have the right to ask any country what their intentions are. This is how we evaluate threats, all countries do this. Here is the big point that I would like to make. Everyone on the planet knows how the USA will react because we already have a huge arsenal.

We would never invade China without provocation, and by provocation I mean China would have to attack the homeland. China is building new capabilities and we want to know what their intentions are. Being safe and keeping your country safe is more important than offending another country.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Well I'd only object if America outright said you cant have 1 to china then that'd probably irritate me..But as for them asking a country why they need a aircraft carrier when that same country has repeatedly told us we are their enemy..That makes perfect sense...As far as the people who think China Can Repo something of ours for the money we owe HAHA think again...The reason why we can get away with oweing money is because the world can't do anything about it not CHINA not RUSSIA not CHINA and RUSSIA together can start a war with the U.S. an win without Killing the entire Planet which isn't winning at all. Think of it this way, China tests their first Aircraft Carrier this week...Japan who is on the U.S.'s side buys the same carrier ship that week and sinks it with their newly revealed carrier destroyer missile..If the federal Audit is correct then we have enough reserve gold to pay china out, cut off all trade, stop sending humanitarian aid and sit back and watch them implode which isn't a good plan because Government collapse brings the worst wars so in reality we all just need to work together.Build all the carriers we want for every country and just point the weapons at space because thats where any real threat is.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
China should just answer..

"We like big ships!"

I am sure most people around the world would have thought China already had at least one aircraft-carrier considering we've had them since 1922!!!!!!!!

Not to mention that we've had 80.

edit on 11-8-2011 by tooo many pills because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by tooo many pills
China should just answer..

"We like big ships!"

I am sure most people around the world would have thought China already had at least one aircraft-carrier considering we've had them since 1922!!!!!!!!

Not to mention that we've had 80.

edit on 11-8-2011 by tooo many pills because: (no reason given)

They should just say "Because YES WE CAN" or just ask "why not?"

edit on 11-8-2011 by JennaDarling because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I can understand the US Gov. asking why,
I don't think anyone said "You can't have this"

China is quickly becoming a super-power, They are not there yet, but they will be.
Once the USA deems them as a credible threat, we will enter another cold war.

Although really, a cold war is already going on if you ask me, which you didn't.

The one thing I DO like about China is the fact that on the global scene, they seem to use a lot of common sense, I'm glad someone does.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71
I can understand the US Gov. asking why,
I don't think anyone said "You can't have this"

China is quickly becoming a super-power, They are not there yet, but they will be.
Once the USA deems them as a credible threat, we will enter another cold war.

Although really, a cold war is already going on if you ask me, which you didn't.

The one thing I DO like about China is the fact that on the global scene, they seem to use a lot of common sense, I'm glad someone does.

You want a cold war with the very people that companies are running to and you are buying all your stuff from?

That would not be a wise move, if you have a cold war with China you will go to hell in a hand basket very very quickly.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
The US is very much afraid of China becoming more prominent on the world stage. Scenarios have been in the making for decades; they have seem this coming but seemingly, they are not very much prepared. Perhaps they didn't think an economic crisis would hit the US (which many have seen coming for many years).

China is the only serious threat to American dominance and that's what scares the US. The Chinese war machine is producing ships, submarines and other advanced military equipment at a rapid pace. The Chinese absorption rate in terms of technological knowledge is very high and hence, they absorb very much knowledge through co-operations with Western companies and through spying/hacking.

The US has a big problem and finds itself in between a rock and a hard place. What to do? Cut the military budget or save the US economy. One thing is sure, the US can't continue spending such vast amounts on its military if they want to keep their economy afloat, which subsequently is necessary to keep the military running.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mdv2
The US is very much afraid of China becoming more prominent on the world stage. Scenarios have been in the making for decades; they have seem this coming but seemingly, they are not very much prepared. Perhaps they didn't think an economic crisis would hit the US (which many have seen coming for many years).

China is the only serious threat to American dominance and that's what scares the US. The Chinese war machine is producing ships, submarines and other advanced military equipment at a rapid pace. The Chinese absorption rate in terms of technological knowledge is very high and hence, they absorb very much knowledge through co-operations with Western companies and through spying/hacking.

The US has a big problem and finds itself in between a rock and a hard place. What to do? Cut the military budget or save the US economy. One thing is sure, the US can't continue spending such vast amounts on its military if they want to keep their economy afloat, which subsequently is necessary to keep the military running.

Yes

America is not just afraid of China , they are afraid of losing their status quo, pure and simple. It is not about China it is not about other countries. It is about America being what it was, number 1.

China is aiming to become the worlds supplier of Energy via Thorium reactors (and no America cannot accuse them of using them for making weapons because they cannot) that companies are going in droves there to.

China is aiming to be the worlds supplier of everything, and it is working (so far).

Before it was Japan and their electronics, everybody feared that, now it is China and their low costs and welcoming of doing things America is not open to doing - high speed maglev trains, thorium reactors.. etc etc..

Remember Japan became big producers of cars, now it is China, all the failed American / British car manufacturers are now Chineese owned or going that way.

America failed as a manufacturer, China won.

edit on 11-8-2011 by JennaDarling because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by JennaDarling

well it still is but not for long .... and thank you very much

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by reassor
reply to post by JennaDarling

well it still is but not for long .... and thank you very much

Depends what you value.

For many "non tangable" values America NEVER was number 1 on those lists..

You will find many countries (that are not bankrupt or invading countries) are top of those lists... Such lists as happyness, longitivity, quality of life and more.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I don't think the government fears China at all..I've been told that when the government runs nuclear annihalation scenarios the only people remaining are China and the U.S. and that after global depopulation we would unite but that could be all bull#..Really I think America has a whole new Energy source they are hoarding until they let other countries consume all their resources and pollute their environment past the point of sustainability then they will release the tech and have the energy and food resources Monopolied. That's the only possible reason I can think of for De-industrializing America when they did was to save resources instead of following the same dead end they set for the rest of the world. Just my 2 cents

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-morris

I have no evidence. But it's common sense that's what the carrier's are for. Throw everything away they've worked for? There's a reason they are so rapidly modernizing their military. The Chinese have felt like Taiwan was wrongfully taken from them years ago. They have publicly stated numerous times they are going to economicly and militarily challenge the United States, especially in the Pacific. What do you think this war in Libya is all about right now? It was to block Russia's naval base to challenge their military dominance in the region and stop Russia's and Chinese oil developing in the region. That's what the Libya war is all about. That's why China sent a destroyer in the Black Sea region when we first started bombing Libya. That was China sending a warning to the U.S. So yes, they are ready to play ball, they just don't want to look like the aggressors but pretty soon their not going to care anymore.

They have told Obama and other officials that Taiwan is rightfully theirs and they want to reclaim it. Why would Taiwan anti-aircraft missiles their top military priority right now if the U.S. is the only one that threatens the world with aircraft carriers? And Taiwan knows the U.S. is not going to start bombing them. And why is Taiwan trying to do this so quickly? Probably because China now has an operating carrier with more on the way? Pretty soon your going to see headlines about how they successfully landed J20's on them.

The U.S. and China almost came to blows in the late 90's over Taiwan. This was the largest display of U.S. military power in Asia since Vietnam. Now that China is bigger and more advanced, what's going to stop them now? I'll tell you this, it's going to take more than a two aircraft carriers this time.

en.wikipedia.org...

Here's an article that came out today about China and Taiwan:
www.asianews.it...

Here's an article that came out today about Taiwan's Aircraft Killers:
www.aviationweek.com.../awx/2011/08/11/awx_08_11_2011_p0-357893.xml&headline=Taiwan%20Points% 20to%20Own%20Carrier-Killer%20Missile

You don't always have to have evidence to see what's brewing in the pot, sometimes you easily smell out the ingredients and know whats for dinner.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join