It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US asks China to explain why it wants carrier

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   
What I would really like to see is China and Iran and all the rest park all their carriers and submarines in INTERNATIONAL waters, near Washington, after all America shows their "strength" by parking their carriers in the Gulf and what not around the world.

Seriously everybody should grow a backbone and play America at their own game. I commend Iran and China for having a backbone.

Watch the Americans throw a childish tantrum then.

edit on 11-8-2011 by JennaDarling because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
It really isn't funny when your debtor owns bigger guns than you are. It's even a hell lot not funnier when your debtor buys those guns using the money that is borrowed from you. So, the real question is why the US keep buying bigger guns using chinese money? For what purpose, the chinese has the right to know, it's their moolah.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

The U.S. has lots of carriers because we have lots of interests around the world from a military perspective. The U.S. is a heavily militarized and heavily military focused country and we make no secrets about this. The only reason for such big ships is if you're aiming to do the same thing. Naturally, we're curious as to what's up, especially since China is trying to pass itself off as so peace loving and civilized all this other crap.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnIntellectualRedneck

The U.S. has lots of carriers because we have lots of interests around the world from a military perspective. The U.S. is a heavily militarized and heavily military focused country and we make no secrets about this. The only reason for such big ships is if you're aiming to do the same thing. Naturally, we're curious as to what's up, especially since China is trying to pass itself off as so peace loving and civilized all this other crap.

Yeah I do wish America would take their "interests" elsewhere and out of my country. They are nothing but trouble everywhere they go and put us at risk (that's if they are not shooting us with Friendly Fire).

America is always trying to pass itself off as so peace loving and civilized all this other crap.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin

economictimes.indiatimes.com

As China commenced sea trials of its first aircraft carrier, the US has sought an explanation from Beijing why it needs this kind of equipment and asked it to be more transparent about its power projections.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Neither China or the USA, in my opinion is any different,or any other nation for that matter. We really don't know what's in the minds of those making decisions behind the scenes.

The sad truth is our govt's don't care about us...they are busy spending money building all this junk for WAR.
While world economy, of which our livelihood is dependent on, is crumbling before our eyes.

They know Global Economy will collapse, so it makes sense that they are preparing for War. It will be a 'king of the hill' scenario.

We people don't really need this do we. Let's shape our own future. Let create a world were we spend more time doing the things that really matter to us, rather then killing ourselves.

I say PEACE.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by JennaDarling
What I would really like to see is China and Iran and all the rest park all their carriers and submarines in INTERNATIONAL waters, near Washington, after all America shows their "strength" by parking their carriers in the Gulf and what not around the world.

Seriously everybody should grow a backbone and play America at their own game. I commend Iran and China for having a backbone.

Well Jenna, Darling, you want to see bloodshed then? Rest assured that if any of these nations stationed an aggressive military force off our coast they would be warned. They may be warned twice, but after that they would be sunk. Any reaction to this sinking would result in a military assault the likes of which the world has not witnessed. The U.S. military possesses the capability to cause mayhem in China and Iran that makes the 2003 "shock and awe" look like a dud bottle rocket. We could completely destroy both countries infrastructure without ever setting a boot on their soil.

I for one hope this never happens. There are more diplomatic means to achieve stability. We generally park our carriers in the gulf because we are engaged in two very hot conflicts in the region. Lets not forget WHY the U.S. has the largest military force projection on the planet.

You freaking people act like we are a throwback to the Nazi regime of the 30's and 40's. IF the U.S. wanted to destroy most of the world we would, because we certainly could. It's not that simple and a return to isolationism is not possible given the current state of globalization and neo-liberal doctrine so prevalent throughout the world.
edit on 11-8-2011 by ateuprto because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by ateuprto

Well Jenna, Darling, you want to see bloodshed then? Rest assured that if any of these nations stationed an aggressive military force off our coast they would be warned. They may be warned twice, but after that they would be sunk. Any reaction to this sinking would result in a military assault the likes of which the world has not witnessed. The U.S. military possesses the capability to cause mayhem in China and Iran that makes the 2003 "shock and awe" look like a dud bottle rocket. We could completely destroy both countries infrastructure without ever setting a boot on their soil.

I for one hope this never happens. There are more diplomatic means to achieve stability. We generally park out carriers in the gulf because we are engaged in two very hot conflicts in the region. Lets not forget WHY the U.S. has the largest military force projection on the planet.

It is INTERNATIONAL waters, if America does something, they are the agressor (as usual).

Yes I would love to see America shown up and all those wars they put in other countries, brought to their doorstep.

I am sick and tired of American's thinking they are a peaceful country when they are not, they are a war mongering country.

You keep calling us Allies, we are NOT your allies, the people do not want you anywhere near here, only politicans.

There will be no world peace until Yanky goes home.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   

If you don't remember, the reason no one really asked us why we were building the largest Navy in the world is because the WORLD ASKED US TO BUILD IT. A little conflict known as World War II forced us into a corner.

Oh thats a good one, maybe the Chinese could borrow that excuse.
"We have to build this one carrier, because of World War II.
And the world wants us to do it, as well."

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by JennaDarling

My first question would be what country you reside in?

We ARE a peaceful nation, and despite your simplistic point of view, the rest of the "Western" world is just as dirty as we are. I think you forget the fact that many of the conflicts the United States of America enters are because they are asked to do so on behalf of your "peaceful" European nations. The "War on Terror" is a different story, however it is one that is much, MUCH more complex than a simple act of unwarranted aggression.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   

We ARE a peaceful nation, and despite your simplistic point of view, the rest of the "Western" world is just as dirty as we are. I think you forget the fact that many of the conflicts the United States of America enters are because they are asked to do so on behalf of your "peaceful" European nations. The "War on Terror" is a different story, however it is one that is much, MUCH more complex than a simple act of unwarranted aggression.

So go save yourselves, in your own country. Go have your war on terror, in your own country. Go have your wars, in your own country.

I don't give a toss who you nuke (appart from the environmental damage) as long as its in your own country.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   

So go save yourselves, in your own country. Go have your war on terror, in your own country. Go have your wars, in your own country.

I don't give a toss who you nuke (appart from the environmental damage) as long as its in your own country.

Your response is so simplistic and far from an educated and rational opinion it is almost painful to read. We haven't "nuked" anyone since WWII, and that is certainly not something we celebrate as a nation. I would attempt to construct a rational and educational response to you, but it would require more time and far too many pages of material than I am able to accomplish here.

Enjoy your simplistic point of view, as I can assure you, it has no relevance and no impact on actual progress what so ever. If you believe the state of things are so black and white then I implore you to come up with a solution to the conflicts that plague humanity. Unfortunately the world operates in shades of grey so varied and complex that simple solutions simply do not exist.

Please do tell me what countries we are "nuking" or having conflicts in that were COMPLETELY unwarranted.

You never did tell me what country you reside in, I would venture to believe that's because it is a Western European nation or Canada, none of which are peaceful and squeaky clean. At least the U.S. has the balls to own up to its actions and doesn't hide behind a more powerful military force, using it as a scapegoat when things don't go the way you intended.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

If you don't remember, the reason no one really asked us why we were building the largest Navy in the world is because the WORLD ASKED US TO BUILD IT. A little conflict known as World War II forced us into a corner.

Oh thats a good one, maybe the Chinese could borrow that excuse.
"We have to build this one carrier, because of World War II.
And the world wants us to do it, as well."

It's the truth [snip]. Following WWII was the USSR, which was a force the rest of the world feared. We maintained our military strength out of survival and due to the request of ALL OF WESTERN EUROPE. Read some history before trying to make me look dumb, because I assure you it has the opposite intended effect.
edit on 11/8/11 by masqua because: Removed personal attack

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin

economictimes.indiatimes.com

As China commenced sea trials of its first aircraft carrier, the US has sought an explanation from Beijing why it needs this kind of equipment and asked it to be more transparent about its power projections.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Maybe the right question is, why buy that old pos Russian carrier? Get your naval assault carrier from USA today! That's right! Need to perform arial strikes from afar? Need to transport thousands of troops over thousands of nautical miles to get that invasion done right? We have your carrier solutions! Visit us at www.buytopofthelinecarriersfromtheUS.com

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
America's foreign policy decisions have been aggressive for decades; it's hard to argue against that fact and many people resent it. I'm one of them.

At the same time, it's short-sighted and malicious to be waiting for the US to collapse or get a beating from China. Not many know that small elements in the Chinese Govt and militaries are actively planning how to destroy the States in a massive pre-emptive strike. It'd be a case of waking up one morning to find all the satellites, industrial centres and military infrastructure were gone and a militaristic China now the single superpower. It wouldn't be a world war, they're planning for an unprovoked attack with no warnings.

Like I said, it's a small contingent of supporters but the threat has to be taken seriously. If a major international conflict happens in our lives...it's gonna be US-China. Personally, I hope the hawks our outnumbered by greedy SOBs and doves. At least they'll just keep screwing us over rather than adding war to the program.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   

And I would also like to know which country you're from, since you failed to answer ateuprto's question. Of course, I doubt you'll answer except with more hatred and bile against the US.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Ok, so then when you and your brethren start dying from some overzealous dictator and the people are screaming into microphones and cameras to help them we're supposed to just sit back and say "shucks, too bad for them"
America is chastised either way and it's a catch 22. If we go in to help a nation rid themselves of a plague we're the aggressors but if we do nothing then we're heartless bastards that don't care despite the billions of dollars in money, rebuilding costs, food, etc that we extend to foreign nations even though we barely have enough to feed ourselves. Your logic is skewed by propaganda. As the other guy said 90% of the areas we're in is because we were asked there by your governments or your peoples because your government is so heartless they started slaughtering their own people.

on topic, I think its a harmless question for now. Depending on China's answer however a new story may emerge. Carriers are meant for extending the reach of one's country, usually for war. Seeing as how China has land access to 60% of other countries one wonders why it wants to extend its reach to the Americas.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by justwokeup
Answer: Because we are taking your job old man. Here is a nice gold watch. Now go and play shuffleboard with the brits and the dutch in the failed empires club.

Riiigghhhtt. And let me know how things will be once China is running the show.

Please, and this is a question for all the rocket scientists on ATS: Let us all know how much better things will be when China is the sole superpower in the world. Let us know about the rainbows, the flowers, and all the beautiful things that they'll bring to everyone once the bad ol' Americans are knocked off their throne and the Chinese are the masters of the world.

Have fun in your labor camps. I call top bunk!

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Turkenstein

Everybody hates the boss...............

Especially one that acts like an idiot.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   

There was nothing peaceful happening when they illegally invaded iraq. Im not suprised that countries are going hardcore with there militery. Maybe its because they don't know who America will invade next, could very well be them!

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   

I have a feeling that the German build up before WW2 hasn't been forgotten. Every nation sat back and watched Germany grow they're army while being assured by Hitler that he had no plans to attack anyone, it was all for Germany's security.

We know how that ended.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join