It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Red Eyes in the Cornfields!!!!? [Updated]

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   
When I was younger around the times that the chupacabra was suppossedly being spotted all over the place I remember different people mainly older friends talking of some strange things, let me give you a little background here, I live in a small farming community in the central valley of california I am talking small I mean the biggest name we have in town is a Rite-Aid store ok haha and that was just within the last 10 years, any way back to topic. So seing as how this is a small area with nothing to do in the city youngsters used to spend a lot of time out in the country area surrounding the town, one of my friends even lived on the outskirts. The area surrounding our town is nothing but cow dairys, canals, and cotton and corn fields. So the older guys (high school or jus out of college) wuld spend most of their nights in the summer out eaither leaving unsuspecting people out on the canal banks or fishing or cruising the canal banks frogging or as was one of their favorite passtimes canal surfing (if you dont know and are curious ask and ill post it in a reply:lol

These guys were a bunch of clowns and always looking for a thrill or a laugh, well all of a sudden one day they told of an incident when they were fishing in a canal on the outskirts of town when they saw red eyes stareing at them out of the cornfield behind them. They claimed they tried yelling and throwing rocks and such like that at it but they never moved until they said it began coming closer to the edge of the corn at which time they cut their lines and threw their stuff in the truck and hauled tail out of there. At first I was a little frightend at hearing about it but then agian me being the youngster they always tried scaring me so i passed it off and even told them to take me out and prove it to me which went nowhere after i asked my parents due to the fact that they didnt trust them haha. But after the first encounter several others were reported by them and it was said that other people had experiences also, we all thought it was the chupacabra cuz that was the big thing at the time, however they all married and moved on with life and the eyes were soon forgotten.

Fast forward about 6 years or so now I am the one hanging out with my friends on the canal bank doing all the things mentioned above. Let me just add in here that at the time of all of these sightings everyone was sober and in their right minds, all of us ar or were good christian young men at these times. So one night I was out fishing with my cousin and his sisters boyfriend. Later I was to learn that this was the same canal that my older friends were at the first time it happend to them. so we were fishing and my cousins boy friend walked down the canal bank a little bit to try his luck and he was down there maybe 15 mins when he starts to come back down to where the vechicle was when he starts running and yelling that he heard a growl. so me and my cousin start to laugh and rib him for being a wuss. Well not long after this we are about to leave and after packing the poles up in the car we are just walkin around the canal bank when we hear what sounds like something running thru the cornfield so we stop and start looking thinkin it is a coyote or a dog so we start looking where it is coming from when we look down the row and see a set of round red eyes about 2 foot off of the ground, mind you it is around midnight at this time and where we are at there are no lights and on that night it was about a half moon and clear sky but other than that nothing. We all at first stared in disbelief then i reached for my gun, which i had already put in the truck, luckily my cousin had his so he pulled it aimed right between the eyes and fired off a round the eyes however continued towards us unfased. so needless to say we jumped in the truck and bailed. We have fished many times around cornfields since but never had that happen a second time so agian it was forgotton, until about 4 years later.

This time I was on my way home from working the 2 to 10 shift at work (I worked in another town at the time ) and had to take a piss and just happend to pull over by a corn field to relieve myslef. So while doing my buisness I looked down the street just to make sure no other vehicles were coming and as i finished i was zipping up my pants I happend to look straight ahead and agian in the corn about 10 feet back in i saw those eyes agian coming towards me. I didnt hesitate at this time to jump in my car and get moving, after i got about half a mile or so down where there was a stop sign i happend to look over to check for traffic coming from my left when i saw the eyes agian in the corn. I agian booked it out of there and as i looked in the mirror about a quarter mile down the road I checked my rearview mirror and saw the eyes in the street , needless to say i floored it haha. The strange thing was the next day about 2 miles from where i saw those eyes a farmer found a couple of his goats mutilated in chupacabra fashion.

Now dont get me wrong this is not a wild claim that i have seen the chupacabra because honestly I dont believe in it myself. But I know what I saw on those instances and my cousin and others have confirmed that i am not nuts because they saw it too. I'll add here when I saw these things i never felt like an evil presence like an entity or anything like that but just a fear of like what the heck am i seeing. In both instances it made no sound even when my cousin shot it and i know he hit it because him and I are both pretty sound marksman and as close as it was he culdnt miss. I also never saw anything bu the eyes. So there is my story I was just wandering if anyone else has had similar experiences or any stories you wuld like to share. thoughts and suggestions as to the orgin of it are also welcomed. As always rude or negative replies will be ignored. I hope you folks enjoy and thanks in advance for your reply.
edit on 11/8/11 by masqua because: All Caps in title edit

Updated information here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on Fri Sep 2 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by JROCK2527

Fun read. Head back out there with a good camera and the largest caliber weapon you own. Try to get some evidence of the "eyes," kill the damn thing if it advances too close to you. I doubt chupacabra can dodge hot lead.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   
haha yeah the thought has crossed my mind, I have just recently started getting into all the paranormal an such here on ATS so i didnt think of it before but I think I will when i get some free time, thatnks for the reply

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by ateuprto

Fun read. Head back out there with a good camera and the largest caliber weapon you own. Try to get some evidence of the "eyes," kill the damn thing if it advances too close to you. I doubt chupacabra can dodge hot lead.
Why would you kill?Try to love animals,we can all inhabitat this planet together in peace.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by brindle

Why would you kill?Try to love animals,we can all inhabitat this planet together in peace.

I didn't say kill it outright, only if it aggressively approaches the OP. I love nature, animals, humans, etc; I'm not going to assume that something has my well-being in mind if it is aggressively approaching me in the dark of the night with glowing red eyes.

It would be nice if all species could inhabit this planet peacefully, unfortunately that is not the way nature and evolution work. Animals kill and mame as "senselessly" as humans, if you want to believe otherwise be my guest, just don't expect to make it long out in the wild.

Lighten up a bit hermano.
edit on 11-8-2011 by ateuprto because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Glowing red eyes 2 feet off the ground could have been a raccoon, a coyote, a larger cat, or a stray dog

Any animal eyes will glow in the dark, sometimes green, sometimes red. What if you shot at some poor innocent animal?

It might not have even been the thing that killed the goat, it could have been a neighbours pet, out wandering in the night.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowspirit
Glowing red eyes 2 feet off the ground could have been a raccoon, a coyote, a larger cat, or a stray dog

Any animal eyes will glow in the dark, sometimes green, sometimes red. What if you shot at some poor innocent animal?

It might not have even been the thing that killed the goat, it could have been a neighbours pet, out wandering in the night.

Yep.
Always identify a target before firing at it, it could of been anything.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by brindle

I wuld only kill it if I felt it was coming at me to harm me. if it comes down to a me or it situation i choose it every time.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

It would be nice if all species could inhabit this planet peacefully, unfortunately that is not the way nature and evolution work. Animals kill and mame as "senselessly" as humans, if you want to believe otherwise be my guest, just don't expect to make it long out in the wild.

Lighten up a bit hermano.
edit on 11-8-2011 by ateuprto because: (no reason given)

well said my friend thank you. Animals are unpredictiable so its always better to be safe than sorry.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Well we dont have raccoons in this area but the others are a possibility however i have never seen glowing red eyes in that shape or that bright red before, and most animals require some sort of light to refl;ect for the eyes to glow however there was no direct light in any instance.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazmeister

if its intent is to harm someone or something then it is enemy "target identefied" trust me here i am not some reckless gun nut looking to shoot anything, I am an avid hunter and outdoorsman and wuld harm nothing without cause to do so.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   

My stupid nephew killed a horse this way. I remember back in Wichita and our cat got out and we were looking around the neighborhood about 11 p.m. We used a flashlight and I was astonished to see hundreds and hundreds of eyes - everywhere in people's yards and the vacant lots. This was the middle of town. Of course, we knew they were rabbits, but all we could see were the eyes. It was kind of spooky, however.

My advice to OP is to set up a night game camera so you can see what is really wandering about the corn fields.
edit on 11-8-2011 by mjfromga because: clarity

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by mjfromga

We used a flashlight and I was astonished to see hundreds and hundreds of eyes - everywhere in people's yards and the vacant lots. This was the middle of town. Of course, we knew they were rabbits, but all we could see were the eyes. It was kind of spooky, however.

Even just the moonlight will show glowing eyes on something.
I was outside one night, saw green glowing eyes low to the ground on the other side of the fence, I went over thinking it was the neighbour's little dog, and then I smelled it - it was a skunk. I ran into the house as fast as I could, but the smell came in through a broken (unfinished) piece of the wall.

It was awful. The house stunk for days.....

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

S K U N K!!! Lucky you! I got sprayed once when I was a kid out detasseling corn in Iowa. I was walking through the field and surprise! Nobody wanted me anywhere near them during that day.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I can't help but here uncle Jimbo's voice in my head shouting " It's coming right for us! " As you said the red eyes charged at you. For all those that say what if it was some poor defenseless animal, and the OP shouldn't have shot at it. Well, if you have heard stories about some mysterious Red eyes in a corn field all your life, and you are suddenly standing at the edge of said cornfield and witness these eyes charging you and a fire arm is at hand what would you do ? Whether it be a Raccoon or coyote if it's charging you that's usually an aggressive action and I would fire on it small pest or other creature. Even creepier still, having a repeat encounter while relieving one self with a pare of eyes just as before. This time appearing in the corn field further down the rood presumably after driving faster than most critter would give chase and at this moment charging out of the corn field to be witnessed now in the road behind through the rear view mirror. I would kill it dead, skin in kill it, kill it again, drown, burn then bury it in random locations all over the place. I can't help but feel as if, it held a grudge for being shot at and was coming after you when it saw you at the edge of the road relieving yourself. Freaky freaky stuff.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by mjfromga

thanks for the reply, I wuld like to hear the story of ur nephew killing the horse sounds like funny stuff haha please do share

and yes i plan to go back out to the first area once i get the time the second area however has since been turned into a pistachio orchard but i will be sure to eaither add here or post a new thread when i do it and will show pics if i find anything
edit on 12/8/2011 by JROCK2527 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Even just the moonlight will show glowing eyes on something.
I was outside one night, saw green glowing eyes low to the ground on the other side of the fence, I went over thinking it was the neighbour's little dog, and then I smelled it - it was a skunk. I ran into the house as fast as I could, but the smell came in through a broken (unfinished) piece of the wall.

It was awful. The house stunk for days.....

bet it sucked to be you during those days haha did u do anything to get the smell out or did it just disipate on its own?

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ilyich
I can't help but here uncle Jimbo's voice in my head shouting " It's coming right for us! " As you said the red eyes charged at you. For all those that say what if it was some poor defenseless animal, and the OP shouldn't have shot at it. Well, if you have heard stories about some mysterious Red eyes in a corn field all your life, and you are suddenly standing at the edge of said cornfield and witness these eyes charging you and a fire arm is at hand what would you do ? Whether it be a Raccoon or coyote if it's charging you that's usually an aggressive action and I would fire on it small pest or other creature. Even creepier still, having a repeat encounter while relieving one self with a pare of eyes just as before. This time appearing in the corn field further down the rood presumably after driving faster than most critter would give chase and at this moment charging out of the corn field to be witnessed now in the road behind through the rear view mirror. I would kill it dead, skin in kill it, kill it again, drown, burn then bury it in random locations all over the place. I can't help but feel as if, it held a grudge for being shot at and was coming after you when it saw you at the edge of the road relieving yourself. Freaky freaky stuff.

haha yea it was pretty freaky thank you for the support, i dont know if it was a grudge but i do know i was shocked seeing it agian after all that time. especially since im about 10 miles out from both cities and it is pitch black and no one is around haha

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   

oh my god that is some freaky encounter.. how did u guys get in the car and drove it in time before "it" got you?

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join