It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help with 404 error please

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Hi -
I tried to open google with firefox and I'm getting a 404 error.

It says - exactly - on a white screen -

404 Bad request
then a line and beneath it the following letters
nginx

I can't look this up to see what it is seeings as I can't get to google.

Anyone want to give me a hand here.

I might as well add I've been getting attacks for the last week or so every time I open up ATS - and only ATS.
I've saved some of the screen shots.

And no, malwarebytes and super are not finding anything.

peace

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I cant use google or bing or yahoo on my computer, they dont work for some reason. So I just decided to use dogpile, maybe it will work for you.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Have you checked the flux capacitor?

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Are you on broadband/ wireless or dial up?

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   
One simple thing to check

Go to internet explorer....Select tools.....top right of page......select connections.......then select Lan settings if you are on broadband.....and make sure that automaticaly detect settings is ticked and more important check that "use a proxy server" is unticked. Then select ok.

It may be that your settings have been overridden.

edit on 11-8-2011 by studio500 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Sounds like something Ive had happen with google page before. I got wierd & creepy words not just random letters. It goes on for some time.

Try testing on another browser like safari or ie

Or use another search engine, some are powered by google, so you are still actually using the great search tool that is google. Not sure which others use google offhand. Try googling that answer. Just kidding!
ETA dogpile is powered by google, yahoo and bing.

Google SE is undergoing some changes right now too. The usual method of searching has changed.

It appears you cannot get into google.com. You could try going into internet settings and adding google.com into your list of safe sites to visit and while in the settings, check it hasnt been inadvertantly added to the blocked list.

Sometimes if you visited an unsafe site or recently installed a new program, your settings can be changed. Often times that can be malware, virus etc.

edit on 11-8-2011 by violet because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-8-2011 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by violet

Thank you Violet, I'll go ahead and try what you suggested.

On an added note? The only place I've been lately that's really giving me trouble - is right here.

I'll show you.

This is only a small sample of the MANY attacks I 'got' from right here on ATS in the last couple of days.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0eee163f20e3.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/18382b6a3c15.jpg[/atsimg]

These are screen shots of the 'attacks' over the last two-three days just by coming here to ATS - and only ATS.

Thanks again
peace

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Nice when you go to the troube to try and help someone, and you don't even get an acknowledgement

Of course.....Slaps own head....I haven't got 1000+ posts so I don't exist......Silly Me.

edit on 11-8-2011 by studio500 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by studio500

The reason I didn't thank you he same day was because I contacted ATS for their help directly thinking it might be a problem solely with ATS.

Your thread count or post count has nothing to do with not getting a response, in fact one of those stars there above your post is from me, first day. From there I'm sure you'll recognize there are other suggestions that fell into place before yours and I chose to 'try' them as they came in.

Anyway, your suggestion, I'm sorry to say didn't work, but that does not negate the fact I am most appreciative of your time and your attention to this problem.

Thanks tons

peace

top topics

join