It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

London riot: What goes around comes around

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

No mate the news is about how he and other Malaysians are scared and need protecting if you knew the strife that muslims and christians cause each other in Malaysia you would know this is not a big frightening moment in his life, he has probalby seen headless bomb victims and people hacked up with machettes and other things we could not cope with seeing.
The issue is the riots and not the looting, and like I said before we have seen our own government loot the treasury just 2 years ago, I wonder which of the two added up to the biggest figure?
And as for the city bankers..............
You have to lead by example, that is something i'm sure we can agree on

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by gremlin2011
this is what i got to say to all the older people slagging off us young uns

dont complain about our generation when your generation raised us!

its a big thing on here when a police officer tries to break the law or bend the law agaisnt other citizens but because these are out of work uneducated youth is ok for the law to take the piss with them

just because they got the balls to stand up ware everyone on here rants behind a pc screen

yeh i dont condone the looting but with every riot or disorder this happens

stop listen to bbc news and listin to the youth like this man in the OP video

SnF for you pal

ya and you young people have been struggling for what, 4 months?

give all of us a break.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Also, Do you REALLY believe the government is discussing way to rid England of poor communities?

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by rebelrich

No mate the news is about how he and other Malaysians are scared and need protecting

No it isn't at all. The only reason I can imagine his nationality being mentioned was because he just arrived in England after specifically being selected to come here and study. Upon his arrival he's attacked and suffers a fractured jaw and is robbed on the street - not a very nice welcome I think you'll agree.

This isn't about Malaysians at all. That's ludicrous. This is about the sick individuals who attacked him and then robbed him.

For anyone who hasn't seen it yet, here's the video of the mugging.

Simply put, It's disgusting. And I'd appreciate it if you stopped stereotyping against Malaysians as well.

The issue is the riots and not the looting

The issue being discussed is the looting because of the riots.

Also, Do you REALLY believe the government is discussing way to rid England of poor communities?

Give me a rational reason as to why not..

Sorry to break it to you but the government isn't out to get you and make your life hell here. Not a popular Idea I know..
edit on 11-8-2011 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Because the poor still exist and everyday we create more, we have sold off all the social housing to private landlords that charge the extreme rents and push up house prices so that people cant get out of the poverty trap.
They have left these people to fend for themselves, and thats they do.
These people aren't political and probably don't realise the role politics is playing in their everyday lives, to them its all a bit of fun - get something for nothing - they are ruthless people in alot of cases and I myself avoid people like that, but the vast majority in these sink estates don't want this life style and were simply born into it.
It hasn't been that long since the middle class students rioted in central london which included rioting also, maybe you blame them for inspring them too.
Im one of the lucky ones, yeah i'm black, but was out of london (honestly officer - joke) when the riots started and rushed back to London on tuesday though it had all finished by then, but I had to come back as my elderly Aunt who I live with was on her own and I was scared how bad it would get, being she only lives one mile from peckham high street, but the two areas are worlds apart.
I did feel that they would start attacking house once the shops were done, and where is better for them to go than the posh houses up the road.
Its been calm since I came back but extra police will not stop the fundamental reasons behind all of this because the causes are still there, in fact they may have become worse, but when people dont have a voice............

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   
The govt says where are the parents? They should be looking after their kids. Well most parents have to work every hour that they can get. So that they can keep a roof over their kids heads. So how about the grand parents doing it? Nope no chance of that, for as soon as they are old enough they are carted off to some old folks home and then every thing they ever earned, is taken from them in a matter of months, to pay for the priviledge of staying in the home.
With both parents working, whos bringing up the kids? The children have to bring them selves up.
So dont be blaming these children for all this rioting. Its not their fault.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by Skittle

There is nothing wrong with protests, marches, rallys. People need to use their voices to be heard.

Running around like idiots, breaking things, harming/killing people, robbing/looting establishments are NOT protests.

Doing that will solve nothing, they don't care what you have to say. You will protest and then go home, you will not solve anything. They don't care at all, they have a plan, they pull the shots. The only way to get them out is total collapse of the system, there is no other way out. No system, no control, no manipulation.

We live in the system that tells you what to do, how to walk, where to walk, what to eat, and who you are to be in the future. The more people refuse it, the better. The people that you see on the street are over frustrated and full of anger of what the system did to them, sometimes when you are underpresure there is no other way to deal with this kind of stuff, you have to eliminate the anger from you. We are just like a boiling water tank, when the maximum boiling point has reached you spill over your anger out of control, it's logic.

It's what happens. I would suggest to stop judging people, these people are poor as dirt, while the queen of England affords to have a wedding for her son on the back of the people.
Just look at the cost while the rest are poor as dirt, it's why the frustration, the shooting from the cop is just the tip of the boiling pot. The more cheap dirt bag you are, the more your level of fustration will rise in you, because the more you suffer at the cost of gangster bankers and royal criminals.

e-news4u.com.../british/royal/art/collection/trust/earns/42/million/pounds/on/royal/wedding/&id=8924
The wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton helped the British royal art collection trust earn around 42 million pounds

See, these are the real criminals, not the poor dirt bags that just are frustrated, they are just spilling the anger out.

Here is your economy

newsleaks.in...
Security for the British royal wedding of Prince William and Catherine cost the economy 7.2 million pounds (over $11 million)

More on the economy

www.chinadaily.com.cn...
The monarchy officially costs the British taxpayer around 40 million pounds ($67 million) a year, while anti-royalists put the figure at closer to 180 million pounds.

edit on 11-8-2011 by pepsi78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by illuminnaughty

I agree with you to a certain extent, people are being left to fend for themselves and if the gov. don't do anything other that put more police on the streets then next time it will really blow up.
Maybe thats what they want, extremist of all persuasions killing people, repatriation of non whites IDK, they need to deal with this right now.
If I was the Prime Minister I would get rid of the buy to let bull# for starters, people living off other people hard work would have to go, and would create this by charging £15,000 a year tax per house for anyone who has more than one house, people would sell then.
No banks would be allowed to give a second morgate if you already had one outstanding, but most importantly I would build at least two new towns/city of about 750.000 each city to get people out of the concrete jungle.
Which in turn would create alot of new jobs for the people who would be building these towns and boost our economy.
That would just be the start I will tell you the rest later, but it will include stronger and longer prison sentences for law breakers though, and no namby pamby bull# social workers talking #!

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skittle
I thought this article hit the nail on the head, thought it had high value of interest and truth.

...snip/// In a recent YouTube video widely circulated on the Internet, a BBC news anchor interviewed an old man on the street. The anchor asked the old man if he condoned the street rioting. The old man said that he supported the actions of the rioters. The old man also argued that it was not a riot and that it was an insurrection. He said the government and police have been mistreating the young people and it was time for the government and police to wake up and realize that there are consequences for mistreating people.

LOL.

Yeah, just some old man on the street.

That's Darcus Howe.

Black Panther and media stalwart since the early 80s. Google him.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by vox2442

There is nothing wrong in being a 'black panther' as long you send out the right message.
I wouldn't say he was an antagonist, he just keeps it real, sometimes a level of truth needs to be said and if he was saying that the student fee were too high it wouldn't come across as bad.
You can't mistreat people or ignore the mistreatment of people simply because it may not affect you!

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by pepsi78

Nice. So your solution is to break things and harm people.
IF, big if, this were about unemployment, then why would they destroy shops that hire people? There is no purpose to this, other than intentional greed and oppourtunism.
My uincle has several shops around London, none damaged, but he is far from wealthy and employs people.
Is he to be punished because he works hard and employs people?

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by pepsi78

everyone who goes on about smashing the system never says what they're going to replace it with.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

How long do you think your uncle will hold down ? until nothing works, because people are poor.
It's the fault of the system, for them then to scream it does not work, let's forge globalisation, tyranny as a solution. I say the first to say that let the angry mob have him.

I say let it collapse, then take out the bad apples(the globalists), then build something new. People like you are ignorant of people's anger and suffering, this is what will happen if things go into this direction. If you were one of them you would understand.

I for my self, I no longer care about sociaty, I don't need much in fact, sociaty has become a fake circus where people take pride, wear masks all day long as if they were at the carnival, judge others and make pretend, this is sociaty today.

Fake people for fake plastic products. This is a product of the bastard elite, the sons of the bastards and a hooker who made them all. These people are mentaly retarded towards evil to do such things, it is they who have created this enviorment, people with fustration, tension, it is them who have made this. Good I hope it gets out of control and the control freaks get a taste of their own medicine.

I say let the riots spread, I hope they spread across Europe.

edit on 11-8-2011 by pepsi78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by pepsi78

Excuse me, but we work in our family. We don't rely on the dole, or any handout. The rioters could stand to learn a thing or two about those that they are ruining.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Yes, just wait until there is no work left, or if you have a family business then it is "until you can't sell anything" because no one will buy it, because there will be no money left. I think you will be among the first to embrace the NWO. with the chemicals they put in our food, our water, with them telling us how to dance and that the future is how they say it is for each one of us. No one makes my future up, for haps from time to time god and that is it. Do you people have no shame ? you just go along with destiny. Where easy stuff flows you flow as comun nature of things.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by pepsi78
reply to post by beezzer

Yes, just wait until there is no work left, or if you have a family business then it is "until you can't sell anything" because no one will buy it, because there will be no money left. I think you will be among the first to embrace the NWO. with the chemicals they put in our food, our water, with them telling us how to dance and that the future is how they say it is for each one of us. No one makes my future up, for haps from time to time god and that is it. Do you people have no shame ? you just go along with destiny. Where easy stuff flows you flow as comun nature of things.

Hold on. Because my family works, doesn't loot, supports the community with jobs we have no shame?
Er. . .shouldn't you be saying that to the thugs?

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Skittle

I understand the need for revolution, the need to let goverment know we are not submissive but looting......

It's still robbery. People still had their houses set on fire while still in them - You can't call that revolution, that's not fighting for the cause they claim to be fighting for.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by Skittle

There is nothing wrong with protests, marches, rallys. People need to use their voices to be heard.

Running around like idiots, breaking things, harming/killing people, robbing/looting establishments are NOT protests.

Lets not confuse the two.

What's happening in London and surrounding areas is an oppourtunistic attack on anybody or anything of value. They may use "protest" as an excuse, but that would be akin to me hitting you with a hammer and saying, "I was just brushing a fly off your head."

OMG I agree with Bezzer. SOmething is going on! The embers of arson are not yet cool and everyone is trying to use it to justify their own political angle. I knew the parents of this kids and most were just as skany as the damn kids. Criminalising yourself and getting attacking the public is in no way potical action or protest. Why didn't they go for the MPS and TPTB???

How many TVs can you watch. All this shows is rampant consumerism gone wrong!

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tiger5

OMG I agree with Bezzer.

Why is that such a bad thing? Nevermind, don't answer.

If the thugs really had a political or social motivation, they would have attacked places of authority, not closed shops on some high street.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Great thread, have a look at this one for a great view on the matter. Thanks

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join