It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas will turn urine into drinking water!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Hi all,

Source: Article in DK

Translation started:

The heat wave that has washed over the U.S. Midwestern states in recent weeks has also hit the now bone-dry Texas. Meanwhile, parts of the state acknowledged that sometimes it's easier to drill for oil than to drill for water in the area.

They will therefore do this as several cities already are transforming human remains into drinking water It’s currently being done in low water areas like California.

The construction of a new water recycling plant worth 68 million dollars is already underway and the authorities have for some time been working to dispel any fears of having to drink urine in the area.

Translation ended.

Personally I think it sounds a little weird; however that is a very clever thing to do.

This could sort out a lot of problems in the further, for example the issue that we are actually running out of drinking water very fast.

97 percent of the world’s water isn’t drinkable. That is an insanely large amount.

Please take a look at this.

There are some very extraordinary facts and pictures from around the world. Especially there are some fantastic pictures from Virginia.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   
This is nothing new.. Most people who live in big cities in the western world are drinking water that has been recycled through sewage treatment plants..

There are loads in and around London.. It's also the reason concerns were raised about certain pharmaceuticals that cannot be removed from the water and go into peoples bodies because of this method of recycling water.
Anti pregnancy pills are one of the major concerns.
edit on 11/8/11 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

Hi sorry about that. For me it is totally new.

I thought this was somekind of science fiction - LOL perhaps most Danes do since it is actually posted in a news paper in Denmark

Well you learn something everyday.

I guess that I will not recv. a Flag from you then

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Any of you ever heard of T. Boone Pickens? you can thank him for lobbying his way to your water. Then selling it back to you uncleaned 4x the price on 100% profit.

www.popularmechanics.com...
edit on 11-8-2011 by Amassuo because: (no reason given)

Heres his word on our situation with everything

edit on 11-8-2011 by Amassuo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   
I'm sure Denmark does it aswell, it is actually quite a widespread practice.

I can't remember the exact number, but there is a stat which states that the water we drink has past through the bodies of 7 people by the time we drink it.. (or something like that anyway)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Can I get a glass of ice cold water
the urine recycled kind of course
One quick question to the waiter
has this glass of ice cold water been filtered from pharmaceuticals
why of course, anything less would be uncivilized
slurp, slurp, gulp, gulp ahhhhh
pardon me but the manager has informed me this is the urine recycled mineral water so yes it has not been pharmaceutically filtered.Don't worry it's FDA approved the side effects are listed on the bottle.
Aproveche

Are they going to bottle this piss?

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misterlondon
I'm sure Denmark does it aswell, it is actually quite a widespread practice.

I can't remember the exact number, but there is a stat which states that the water we drink has past through the bodies of 7 people by the time we drink it.. (or something like that anyway)

No no what you are talking about is what happens when the water is "returned" to earth.

That is a normal process etc etc, but no we do not build plants to take peoples piss and put it into a special designed plant and then it comes out as water.

I guarantee you that much.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   
I know it is slightly off topic, but I live above one of the UKs largest aquifers, 90% of our water comes out of the ground wells while the aquifer itself is said to contain enough water for the entire UK to last few hundred years and yet as utterly senseless as it seems they spent millions and millions building a desalination plant here in 2007 (one that has not and will not been used)

I have have always wondered why they built a plant they have no intention of using... and with tin foil hat on, either the volume of water available is a lie (which I do not believe as that water feeds all the rivers around here) or they know something we don't.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Amassuo

star for you mate nice to see you again.

However, I am at work without sound and forgot my headset to my iPhone 4. Better check it when I am home in 7 hours

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

Hmm I been thinking about your post.

Can it be a cover up for something totally different?

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I live in Texas. I live in a small town where we get letters every month in the mail telling us that the arsenic and flouride levels are above the legal limits.
We would love to have something more than the piece of crap treatment plant that does little to clean our water.
But no, they would rather spend the tax dollars on 5 shiny new high performance dodge charger police cars. And one shiny new police suburban. We only have 3 cops.....

At least some of Texas has it's priorities straight.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

I believe it is actually 16 in London.

We have too much of the darned stuff here. Want some?

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
That is taking the piss..

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hilltaker

Hmm I been thinking about your post.
Can it be a cover up for something totally different?

I really do not know, but I do speculate a lot as J.P Morgan and Goldman Sachs where vying with each other to buy the company.. (J.P Morgan won) and now they are building a super duper huge underground water treatment complex into the hills within a mile of the plant.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
no rain no jueno por caca taxes Texas piss
drink the water for free?
Texas tea
tee is for Texas
Houston we have a problem
Southern Plains tee-pee
fully pissed

edit on 11-8-2011 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
They should have checked with this guy first, another fellow Texan that can make water out of thin and humid air.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
It's not like urine is 99% water or anything.

Although the pharms found in water is a bit disturbing.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   

I know it is slightly off topic, but I live above one of the UKs largest aquifers, 90% of our water comes out of the ground wells while the aquifer itself is said to contain enough water for the entire UK to last few hundred years and yet as utterly senseless as it seems they spent millions and millions building a desalination plant here in 2007 (one that has not and will not been used)

Well, i live in country that uses ground wells for majority of population,and in 1948 people though that it will be enough for hundreds of years. Well guess what - population grew dramatically, certain areas became polluted due to industry waste and there are more droughts now.
And only in recent years,well into start of mild water crisis,despite all prior warnings and data, we start to build desalinization plants.
I think your guys are smarter. And think more about their kids and grand-kids.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

We have the same situation in Denmark. Many of our ground weels are poluted due to the massive amount of farming. Denmark was famous back in the days for huge farms. - Of course not the same size as those in U.S. but still very massive.

Therefore the pesticides has poluted a lot of water.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Thats how astronauts get drinking water on extended missions and in sure at the international space station. They recycle water.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

top topics

join