It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Diploceraspis / Diplocaulus - Thought to be extinct is possibly the new Coelacanth

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   
I was browsing around on another site and came across this video. A person was recording a lizard type animal in the river clinging to some branches. So far its unidentified however several people have stated it looks like a Diploceraspis / Diploca, which are suppose to be extinct.

The Diploceraspis / Diplocaulus is from the Permian period.

The Permian Period follows the Carboniferous and extends from 299.0 ± 0.8 to 251.0 ± 0.4 Mya (million years before the present). It is the last period of the Paleozoic Era and famous for its ending epoch event, the largest mass extinction known to science.

Diploceraspis
Diplocaulus

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/657a2cc73e79.jpg[/atsimg]

What do you guys think? Real deal, hoax, invasion by retiles from zeta reticuli who are using the form of small lizards to escape detection?

Ive noticed an uptick in reporting by media of animals that were thought to be extinct are being found again (Coelacanth comes to mind).

Thoughts?

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   
From the video I can't tell if it's alive or dead, it looks like the real deal though.

I don't know where this video was taken, but I sure hope they will investigate this further.

Very interesting, thanks for posting Xcat.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   
After checking his 14 uploads, not sure if I believe it to be anything too extraordinary.. He also has a horribly fake "ghost caught on camera" video which kinda discredits these other findings for me.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Looks pretty alive to me, you can see it moving, initially it is submerged but during the course of the movie it positions itself on the branch.

I wonder what other 'extinct' species are still living on this world without human knowledge? Gives ya chills!

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Looks alive to me, pretty sure I can make out its back legs moving.

I thought it could be a chameleon for a min but Im not so sure now.....

grabbed a couple of SC's for thems that cant watch vids

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5031ed4f8e3f.jpeg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/aa9dd22dfc71.jpeg[/atsimg]

S&F nice find OP!

Chameleon for comparison...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/824797d24356.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 11/8/11 by Versa because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   
How cool! This was one of the prehistoric critters I liked as a kid that wasn't technically a dinosaur. If these are actually alive, it would be great to see a TV special on their life and how they have survived up until now. Think I'll give you a star and flag.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Sadly this creature has been hoaxed before.

GM

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grey Magic
Sadly this creature has been hoaxed before.

GM

I wonder if its the same guy?

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I may be incorrect, if be, please forgive me, but i believe this to be a hammerhead salamander. I have seen something similar one one occasion in a slow moving stream while camping near the Elk River, in Missouri.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
The video isnt viewable anymore on this site and i cannot find it on youtube. Any suggestions?

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Where was this filmed at?

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Not buying it....sorry. This is a fast running river or stream. If I had this thing tied by the mouth end, its back end would be pulled by the flow, just as this is. This creature has a tail as long as its body...perfect for swimming and directing it, but there is no movement of the tail or legs. I call hoax.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
i'd say its fake. take a look at his other videos. he shows a lizard on the bottom of the creek that isn't moving, then later its on the top floating, feet in the same exact position not moving. then he shows a different lizard doing the same thing.

upon watching it a second time. 100% fake.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by chopperswolf

I'm relatively sure the "hammerhead salamander" is just another name for Diplocaulus. Only thing I find on a quick web search is a rather well-made hoax of it..

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by gossipnancy
The video isnt viewable anymore on this site and i cannot find it on youtube. Any suggestions?

Its still viewable on youtube... Embedding for this stire was disabled. Go back to the video in my post, and underneath the video you will see youtube link. Click on that and it will take you to the youtube site.

As far as it being real or fake, I have no idea... One of the reason I brought it here for tohers to view. I have no idea where the video was taken. The article popped up on the unexplained mysteries site.

The thing is moving around so to me thats a positive for it being real.

However we cant see under the debris its moving around on so we dont know if someone is underneath it manipulating a fake look alike.

Personally speaking, it looks like the read deal to me.. It wouldnt be the first time we have come across a animal we though was extinct. The Coelacanth was proof of that when fisherman off the coast of S. Africa hauled one in.

We have the video footage of the prehistoric looking shark that was thought to be extinct taken by japanese divers.

And we recently have rediscovered species thought to be extinct in southeast asia.

Then again this thing may be real but not the same line as the extinct Diploceraspis. Maybe a whole new species that is related?
edit on 11-8-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
If it's real why wouldn't you reach down and grab it? How many people know that this thing is supposed to be extinct? If I saw this in the water I wouldn't take video of it because I wouldn't think it was something that was extinct for thousands of years, I would probably just think it was an unusual lizard but not film it for a couple mins

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by isitjustme

Boy: Hey moom..... mooooom....

Mom: quit yelling, what is it

Boy: I found this cute little animal.. Can I keep it? huh? can i can i?

Boy drags 6 foot alligator home

Replace alligator with velociraptor.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Could be an axoltil, water dog, or mud puppyen.m.wikipedia.org...
Can't tell without a scientist though. Heads not quite right though
edit on 11-8-2011 by connorromanow because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
At around the .44 second mark through to about .50 there's a leaf that I actually thought was an evil looking yellow eye!

Even the effect of it moving away in the water looked creepy!

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
This is either a hoax or some very misleading swampgas.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join