It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's 3:16 am....my pets are FREAKING out

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

Looks like you live close to ground zero.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Just putting it out there but it could be a presence of a spirit or a ghost lurking around otherwise many of them?

Back when I was younger we just recently moved into a new place.

Around 10:30pm - 11:30pm our cat was meowing in a scared tone we never normally hear unless he's afraid of something.

He kept meowing and meowing like something was spooking him.
We came out to the lounge room where he was meowing and saw his fur was up, he was also hissing and staring at a corner ceiling.
We tried talk to him and patting him trying to calm him down but he completely ignored us.

My mother then went to get the mattress and blanket then laid it out on the floor so she could keep him company.
As soon as my mother put the blanket over the mattress he went straight under the blanket still meowing then stuck his head out of the blanket staring in the same corner.

I was afriad to look myself just in case I saw something I didn't want to see but I do remember catching a glimpse of the corner, it was slightly darker than normal but I was took spooked to stare at it.

I then recited a The Three Refuges Buddhist chant in Pali which is meant to ward off spirits.
As soon as I completed the chant, our cat came out of the blanket all calm and purring like nothing had happened.

This was odd to us as our cat is always indoors with us and domestically trained, it's something I don't ever forgot.

Might not be the case for this thread but just putting it out there

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Yea animals get hungry and want attention. I'm sure animals/humans do it from time to time

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by AuntB

Well this scared me... im in Scotland... almost cetral scotland... good n far from coasts and up quite high... 35 or so miles from Arthurs seat (the last volcano that was active a long long time ago in scotland from my understanding)

generaly a relativley safe centralised location...

However, My 10 1/2 month son has for the last 2 days woke up around 3/4 o'clock, i know he's only a baby and they do that sometimes but its very out of character for him, since he;s been born he sleeps between 8-11 hours every night without issue.

my birds have been a little more vocal than usual too but from time to time that happens with them,
just when you mentioned your son it made me think that mines has acted strange but only for the last two nights.
edit on 11-8-2011 by GonzoSinister because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I'm in so cal and my cat stayed very close to me last night when I was sleeping which is unusual and he was very active this morning I actually wondered if it was the peak of a Pranic Energy cycle or he was aware of the meteor shower peak last night. He's been under the bed lately a few times too and he did it during last weeks thunder but has done it several times since.
edit on 11-8-2011 by circuitsports because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
The stock market is on the way up after a big crash. Dogs are highly attuned to market forces. They can sense the change in the fear atmosphere.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Dear "Stealthykat" looking at where you live, Louisiana, I am of the opinion that the animals are telling you to move house. Living so near to the Gulf of Mexico is rather dangerous. After the Deepwater Horizon rig disaster, the leak, and the subsequent use of the Internationally condemned highly toxic poisonous "Corexit", I am suprised that you still want to live in the area ? The problem is that "Corexit" alone is going to get into you and will kill you. Then there is the danger of a very large release of Methane. The Methane was released during the oil leak, but was in a form that is crystaline. In that form it has settled across the sea bed covering thousands of square miles. Due to currents that well up from the deep, especially during the storm season, the Methane crystals will rise up to the surface. As they do so they will sublimate into Methane "natural gas" bubbling to the surface. One litre of Methane crystals becomes more than one hundred litres of Methane gas. As such "natural gas" it will very quickly rise to the surface of the water forming a ten meter deep layer of Methane "natural gas" that wants to react with oxygen. This layer will drift in from the sea suffocating as it goes. Then in a sudden massive explosion it will ignite and everything for miles and miles around will be flattened. This "natural gas" Methane explosion will be so huge it is beyond comprehension. Your pets because of their sensitivity can smell it long before humans can. To the human Methane "natural gas" is without odour. Evacuation is the only way to survive this inevitable disaster. You are being told by your pets that you must not stay living so near to the expected centre of the predicted future explosion. Get yourself out of the area. Evacuate to as far north as you can get. Do not delay. Until now there has not been any serious hurricane storm in the Gulf of Mexico, but when the storms start coming in that is when it will happen. Be sure to take your pets too. Beautiful little creatures. I give that same warming to the entire population of the USA coast of the Gulf of Mexico. Including Mexico and Cuba. As you can begin to understand this is the reason why drilling for oil in deep water is Internationally condemned.

AVE RAEGINA CAELINA LA DEUS NOSTRA CAELI LA VERA DEUS
edit on 11/8/2011 by CAELENIUM because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
My one dog is lying here and snoring. I'd have to warn him if something should go down.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Very weird that I came across this thread. One of our dogs started barking like crazy around 1:00 am last night. Scared the # outta me. Im in the Dallas-Ft. Worth area.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
aare you kidding me? My dogs are aswell. Except im all the way in chicago. My st bernard is 10 years old, has bad joint problems. and Is on the second floor with me in my room. My Rott was barking mad! it was around 2:00 Am for when it happened with me!

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
You guys don't think it's the New Madrid do you ? Only a few people posted locations.
edit on 11-8-2011 by Heartisblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I'm in middle TN and our cats were acting strangely last night around 11pm-2 CST. We had to lock them out of our room so we could sleep. The ones ordinarily calm were not and the aloof ones were clingy. We checked weather radar and there was nothing in the vicinity. I hope this helps.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

Lol Kat, I love your threads and your comment to the one that might need your help just had me rolling!!!

My first initial thought was perhaps your rumble again but maybe in a different key this time and they are picking up on it. If I recall, you mentioned you did catch some sounds when you finally went out? Brave woman you are indeed... Looking forward to hearing what you captured.

I do have to say that while I was reading this thread over, it occured to me that my wife mentioned to me on the phone that our animals were very needy today as well. I just chalked it up at the time to them being excited that she was home today from work, but she said no, they were in over kill mode of needyness. So, now I am going hmmmm.

I dont think if it was a ghost in your house the whole neighborhood of animals would be chiming in unless they were just passing on the word in however animals communicate. That is just my thought though.

My gut feeling or should I say first instinct is still leaning towards that rumble sound.

I do find it interesting some folks have mentioned hearing voices. Perhaps there is a melting of dimensions or something going on? lol who knows.... I know I dont have to say keep us updated, because I know you are the queen of that!

Btw, my weird pets for today are in rhode island in case anyone is keeping track

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I know this is not about animals but monday night i was trying to call work with my iphone and u know how the phone have been messing up alot lately well the phone took awhile for it to ring it never rang but something pick up on the other end it sound like a language but alien type and muffled i would of hung up the phone and think it was just mess up when i heard it breathe and my little girl look at me with a scared look on her face and ask me what is that all night she was scared. I live in louisiana two so im wondering if this has to do with the animals .PLEASE RESPOND

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Could be comet Elenin messing with them.
~SheopleNation

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

Hee Hee
Glad you enjoyed that! I feel so bad because I haven't had time to get back on here as much as I wanted.....but guess what?! I went out and began just recording "nothing"....in other words, walking around with the cam.....and....you guessed it! "The Sound" was there! Early this morning, as soon as daylight came, I went out to see what I could find......and there it was....our "leeeeeetle friend", as Scarface would say cool:
"the sound".... My cats were sitting on the window perch scratching frantically at the window and meowing as if to say "Nooooooooooo don't go out there!" LMAO!!!!! I just kept hitting record....there were these odd ripple like clouds....so every chance I got today, I would run out to see if it was there...and it was....several times. I'm still going through them all to see what I have. In a few minutes, I'm going out again because my neighbor just called and she's saying she hears it.....so I'm heading outside. I think this might be what they (the animals) were responding to. So much has happened this week I haven't even talked about yet. Silver jets making criss crosses in the sky ( a clear sky), leaving contrails which turned in to bubbly looking clouds covering most of the sky (Plus "the noise).....and all this went "poof"....literally becoming clear and quiet in a time span of maybe 25 minutes. OK....she's calling again, so camera in hand, I'm going out to see if I can catch it. I have to leave for work shortly, so if I can't get back and upload tonight, I'll have it here in the morning....wish me luck
I will try my best to get back though!

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat
I got home after an exhausting night at work, went straight to bed. At 2:18, my dog (in my room) starts howling hysterically...then here comes both my cats, pawing at me "meoooooow meeeeeow" and pulling my hair....definitly wanted me to get up NOW....from outside, I can hear Bach, my rooster crowing like mad. Looked outside and checked radar....no storms. Wth? They NEVER act like this......anyone have suggestions? Heidi (my dog) is still howling and waking everyone up, and the cats are all jumpy and pacing etc. Maybe it's all a bad dream!

edit on 8/11/2011 by StealthyKat because: sp

So did you feed the animals?

Obviously they were hungry.
edit on 11-8-2011 by Lysergic because: s and d so close on the keyboard!

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
This has been a good read StealthyKat
I am in PA but my mom (who lives in Central PA) has been talking about her dog acting weird for dayssss. This has been happening off and on and there is fracking going on in the area, but he acts like he is afraid to go outside at night. He'll go to the door like he is going to out and when she gets there to let him out he runs and hides for the rest of the night. He is barking "for no reason" too but not sure how odd that is as he will bark at a random wire laying on the floor....LOL.

Also FWIW, just in case this may ring a bell to someone, I live in W. PA and have fish in an outdoor pond that have been acting absolutely crazy for the last 24 hours. They say fish learn to recognize their owners and I totally believe it because as soon as I walk up to them and make a sound with my voice they surface and all come to me to be fed
Since yesterday they are no where to be seen. I have fed them four times in this period and they will not come to the surface to get their food. I can find them all huddled under a ledge like they are hiding from something. It is the weirdest thing. We do have a cat that stalks around the yard but he never bothers them and they swim freely when he is around for whatever reason. Was able to count them and none are missing. About an hour ago I checked them and they are still all huddled together under a ledge but swimming at times very excitedly in that tiny area. Weird. Hope all is well with your pets!

ETA: ....oh, and I have also heard "the sound"
edit on 11-8-2011 by glad_to_be_His because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Could be a squatch there not uncommon in that neck of the woods, they usualy drive animals crackers.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Sounds like a bunch of people had an interesting evening!

Looking forward to hearing your recording, Stealthykat!

I commented on my washington thread late last night that my one dog was doing her 'thing'. No quake here last night though. My dogs also woke me around 3:30 to 4:00 I think it was (too tired to pay much attention). Kinda odd behavior, but not so much that I thought too much about it. Then this morning I discovered my one dog peed inside and he wouldn't take a treat...both very strange for him.

Perhaps we can nail some of this down to the solar activity....my bet is either that, or tectonics. Time will tell. Give it the next 24 to 36 hrs.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join