It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's 3:16 am....my pets are FREAKING out

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I live in Virginia, right against the Appalachian mountains.

About two weeks ago my animals started acting weird. Around midnight my two dogs would run and jump in bed with the wife and I and begin to whine and try and snuggle up tight with us. When this first started I figured they needed to go out, so I got up and went to take them outside. Both dogs acted like they wanted to go out till I opened the door, then both wanted nothing to do with going outside. The dogs then went back to our bed and started staring out the window. Not looking, staring

At this point I am worried. Now I am thinking someone is outside messing around so I turn on all my property lights and spend a good hour making sure no one is prowling around

I lost several night sleep this way before I decided it was something happening out of my earshot and only they could hear.

We have also noticed a change in our birds. We have had to separate them as they are attacking each other and biting us. We have had all three for over six years and they have never acted this way.

Its still going on, and to echo the op, its starting to creep me out.

BTW Both dogs are big dogs and well trained (Husky and Shepherd). They have never and will never sleep in the bed with us.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by hillynilly
I am in baton rouge..

I could swear I heard some voices
but that is probably just in my head.

both my wife and i heard voices last night in between 9:30 and 10 pm TWICE. It kinda freaked us out a little....kids were asleep and what we heard was comparable to a man's voice but couldnt make out the words. We were both talking and heard it twice about 10 mins apart and it was just a quick audible noise that was plainly something speaking but like i said couldnt tell what was said. I even went looking through the house for a possible intruder it startled us so much. We live in middle TN.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by JaeBea

Originally posted by 907blkcat
reply to post by hillynilly

"Now lets see what ELENIN Does to the gulf of Alaska where the RED X is.Can't run from that...!"

What do you know about this?

Can you provide some links to your information source?

I have heard of possible impact, however, not location! Please enlighten!

Here you go!

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
We don't have any pets but I do know that my sleep habits are all over the board. Even my son has been waking for no reason. I do think that something is going on, coming our way or what not. Added to it, the emergency broadcast system is now doing weekly tests. What is going on?

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by AuntB
We don't have any pets but I do know that my sleep habits are all over the board. Even my son has been waking for no reason. I do think that something is going on, coming our way or what not. Added to it, the emergency broadcast system is now doing weekly tests. What is going on?

I'd agree with that. My kids and myself are experiencing insomnia and waking at odd hours, and inconsistent sleeping patterns for about a month now.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by AuntB

I have noticed an increase in emergency broadcasts as well. Has anyone else noticed an increase in those "are you prepared" commercials?

The commercial is a family setting around doing their thing, then the house starts to flip upside down tossing the family around. You then see the father grab a bag and they all run out the door. The commercial directs you to a website and asks if the unthinkable/unimaginable happens, are you prepared? (not exact wording)

The web site is probably pretty well known, I'm sure you all know of it.

www.ready.gov...
and
ready.adcouncil.org...

I just find it odd that the frequency of these commercials seem to be increasing.

edit on 11-8-2011 by HellfireRWS because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-8-2011 by HellfireRWS because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
oops!
edit on 11-8-2011 by observe50 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

You came home at some time, exhausted from work, and immediately went to bed. At some time after, your animals started behaving strangely. Is there any chance your animals are responding to you? Were you unusually upset, angry, or? I am wondering if perhaps your emotional state triggered them after some delay and their upset perpetuated itself once it got started?

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by AuntB

I do have a cat, and she has been acting differently for a couple night now.

I have also had sleep habits all over as of late. Typically, once I go to sleep I am out like a light. I hear NOTHING! But the especially the past 3 nights, I go to sleep for an hour or two, wake up - wide awake for no apparent reason.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Thank you all for your replies. I am glad I am not alone. I just can't get a solid night's sleep and this has been going on and on. I feel that something is in the air. Last week even the cloud looked different. I am a sane basic person, yet I feel something is off. I live in a very wooded area and I haven't seen an elk or a deer in over a week.

There is a link in general conspiracies on the Emergency Broadcast testing.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by AuntB

I feel it too. I don't know what it is, but something is just... off.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Stop watching horror movies kid! And please write some sense.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by HermitShip

Good..... I hate seeing my pets sress...where do you live? (just general).....this was very early this morning. Mine are still acting nuts
I think animals are just more sensitive to things than we are.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by thethirdmovement

Write some "sense"? What sort of "sense" would you like me to write? How about this...

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.

I'm not a kid for one thing. I have a bacholor's in psychology....perhaps I can help you with something?:.
edit on 8/11/2011 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   

KEEP SAFE
hope your well
dont go outside by yourself
you never know

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
No offence, but there have been literally 100s of threads about pets suddenly freaking out. All of them afterwards proved to be a no big deal.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   

I woke up right at 3:16 a.m. myself last night, lol. Pets were fine as were all other members of the household so I don't have much to add, but wanted to thank you for starting this thread. It has been an excellent read and I've enjoyed keeping up with it and will continue to do so. I hope you get more rest tonight!

I find it odd that so many people have experienced strange behavior from their animals lately, especially the member in Baton Rouge who is so close to you. Especially since it started happening at roughly the same time your pets were disturbed.

My dog was acting strange a few nights ago. She normally sleeps all night... she's so lazy! But, I think it was over the weekend, she was barking in the middle of the night which is very strange for her. Yesterday morning, she kept jumping on my back while I was trying to squeeze in a bit more sleep before I had to get up. She likes to sleep on my back but never just bounces around. The cat is always spastic, so if she was acting strange, I probably wouldn't even know, lol. Again, I know this doesn't help the thread but thought I'd throw this in just in case strange acting animals ends up meaning something... say, if something huge happens within the next few days or so. Oh, I'm in Ky, btw.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I have read just about the entire thread, and I don't remember reading Jim Berkland's name, a former USGS employee and predictor of the World Series quake. His theory has been about animals telling us about an earthquake before it happens. He says you should watch the newspapers for missing animals and just overall strange behavior. Here is a PBS video about his and his concepts:

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
One of my dogs woke up at around 3:30am this morning and was intent on waking me up. I went back to sleep but she did the same thing 2 more times before I got up for wok at 6:30. This is highly unusual for her as she is a pretty lazy dog and loves to sleep.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Raivan31

REALLY! Because....if you DO go outside, something will CERTAINLY chase you.... and of course, you will then have the obligatory "trip, fall and severely sprained ankle", which of course means your DOOM!
Thanks for the reminder!

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join