It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What I Believe

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
I feel the system is working as it should.

Standard and Poor's would beg to differ

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Hawking

The system wasn't designed to be perfect and that's an unachievable goal. However our system does work as history has shown that we do go through tough times and yet we come through it with our government and Constitution in tact.

Not many other places in the world have that solid of a foundation. In fact our Constitution is considered the blueprint when other countries write their own laws of the land now.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Hawking

i do agree that our system does work, when but only when they allow it to. gridlock is the safegaurd that holds it together, when you start forcing things through and ammending for the sake of progress is when things get really messed up and out of balance. if you propose a new law, don't tie it to another in order to get it passed. thats not how all that is supposed to work...

if you ask me, we have to many fed laws that should be state laws anyway

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   

reply to post by Hawking

The system wasn't designed to be perfect and that's an unachievable goal. However our system does work as history has shown that we do go through tough times and yet we come through it with our government and Constitution in tact.

Not many other places in the world have that solid of a foundation. In fact our Constitution is considered the blueprint when other countries write their own laws of the land now.

Aboslutely - and with that thought in mind we should refuse to despise one another because of media and politics. We are more than that and we must stand united in the name of individual freedom. America is in a rough transitional period, rather than fall apart let's unite
edit on 11-8-2011 by Hawking because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by TheThirdAdam

Well that's debatable. Remember that America used to be governed by the Articles of Confederation which gave States almost all the power and the founders realized that the federal government was too weak so the came up with the Constitution to strengthen the Federal side of it.

As for the actual laws the majority are still handled by the State and not at the federal level.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   

reply to post by TheThirdAdam

Well that's debatable. Remember that America used to be governed by the Articles of Confederation which gave States almost all the power and the founders realized that the federal government was too weak so the came up with the Constitution to strengthen the Federal side of it.

As for the actual laws the majority are still handled by the State and not at the federal level.

Very true, and my next statement is off topic but while we are here-

Shouldn't this be a lesson as to why a one world gov. is not a great idea? We saw what happened when states try to withdraw from the union. How much harder will it be to withdraw from a global union if we were to find ourselves unhappy with it's leadership? No one can win a war against the UN as it stands now, how could the citizens of the world fight and change a gov. that is corrupt? It will eventually come to that as they always do.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join