It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All hail the revolution.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
We know what we see on video is often, if not always, censored. These riots in England are spun this way and that. Good guys vrs bad guys.

Some are spinning this as a revolutionary event, but this video reminds me of what "street riots" really come down to. Meet the new boss.

Just watch this injured youth on the streets of London. Just watch.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Pathetic

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Riot, Revolution... Thugs, Patriots...

Guess people will see what they wish to see. Ever wonder why there will be no "coming together" of the people?

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
For a moment I thought something big was happening in the UK ... then I realized, its LA riots all over again.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Sad. Same goes for burning, looting and hurting people own in their neighborhoods. Will they win in the end? Probably more will be jailed, with the introducing of more big brother cameras and other forms of control added. Revolution? Sounds more like De Evolution.
edit on 11-8-2011 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by dreamingawake

I recall the ROTC riots in Berkeley in 1970. People were peacefully protesting ROTC recruiting on campus.
The police lined up on one side and the protesters on the other. Things began to be thrown over the heads of the protesters from the back of the crowd and onto the police. We know what happened next of course. The police attacked and the crowd dispersed. The throwers from the back of the crowd took off running and headed off down the avenue breaking and burning and picking up more youthful bystanders wanting to have a wild time along the way. I learned some things about revolution that day.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
you can all eat,read and see but you will know nothing at all
)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by TerryMcGuire

The lad's name is Ashraf Haziq,and he had only just arrived in the UK to study.
There is a page set up by folks who wanted to get donations for him,to show that not all of us Brits are mindless thugs.
Over £4000 has been donated so far,and there is a poll on suggestions of what to do with the money donated,including buying him his stolen items back,paying for dental care,or getting plane tickets for his family to visit him.

Any extra money raised will go to help the riot hit areas.

Whoever set up the page,a massive "well done!" from me.

somethingniceforashraf.tumblr.com...

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

And thank you Silcone. Your post rounds out the sad human tale presented above. Hope.

As I watched the video a second time I came to wonder at the other people. The first person did seem to be trying to help at first. And a few others moved out of his way as he arose. Even after the theft, the first man still seemed to be concerned for the victim.

Most seemed nothing more than spectators. Maybe already nummed down by all the violence of the events. No one attempted to stop the thief, he did seem to be bigger and walk with more of a tough guy swagger.

I wonder how or if those observers are juxtaposing this moment with the rest of the day.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I am a little confused by what many are perceiving as the so called revolution. I thought this whole mess started because some British Bobbies shot and killed someone. Then people started protesting it which insued into the spiraling out of control mob rioting we have been seeing. Where are you guys getting this revolution stuff. If you want to start a revolution then burning the homes and businesses where you freaking live is just asinine!

top topics

join