It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Duty, Honor, Country

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
This video I am posting means the world to me, I took this from my basic training video.
Its part of a speech given by General Douglas McArthur to a class of graduating cadets at West Point.
When I served, this is what I served for. Duty to my country, to honor my country, and SERVE my country.
I am now, as I have ALWAYS been, a proud and patriotic American. I love my country, although I dont love those running it. I love and support those that have served and still serving. I choke up every time I hear of someone killed in the war and pray they are called back home soon.
I know some of you are gonna rant and rave on here, I cant help that, its life, but I feel I need to post this

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

But in the end it is still just a propaganda tool. I mean I don't doubt he feels that way, it is clear he is genuine. I also don't hate soldiers or blame anyone for how they feel. But simply put charismatic military leaders such as himself are fully aware how powerful those words are when it comes to raising emotions, as well as how to put those emotions to best work for a corrupt, greedy government more worried about big money interests than anything else.

-Lightrule

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Homer, if all the politicians in Washington had the same honor, ideals and dedication that our men and women in uniform do our country wouldn't be in such a mess.
There's a world of difference between serving your country and serving your party.

Keep the flag flying down there in the sandhills my friend.
edit on 11-8-2011 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   
You have to include all of the negative characteristics of the country you are so enamored with in your reasons to love it as well. How about allowing vested interests to even speak with your Congress, Executive or Judicial as a good reason to love it. You gotta love that. Oh, what about the rampant politically correct Butinskis sticking their noses in your crack and telling you it is not acceptable that they don't smell lilacs - and finding you guilty. I know, kinda abstract. Use it as an allegory to think with. Is your country really "all that?"

But, but....sigh

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
omg ...this is among the most silly videos I have ever seen.

Honor, duty, country ....pffft.
edit on 11-8-2011 by AnnoyingOrangeX because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by AnnoyingOrangeX

Thank you very much troll

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   

When I served, I had no illusions what so ever that what I was doing was patriotic. I knew it was for the war machine, military/industrial complex to profit in blood and suffering. I was mainly motivated by the GI bill and an income.

My patriotism is more involved with love for my fellow citizens and their welfare than some idealized sense of duty.

But everyone has the right to express themselves as they see fit.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
New predictions

Shaul Mofaz (Antichrist) in the September-October- 2011 Israeli Prime Minister After the earthquake in

northern Israel(maybe:26-28 September ) - and the dry lake Kynrt He is government end of november/ 2012

And by the Imam Mahdi or Jesus will be killed

On September 28 Saudi Arabia king will be killed - November 6 is the hidden of his death after
starts War powers

On October 20-28, 2011 comet Elenin(C/2010 X1) near Earth and Asteroid yu55 hit in East Asia And reverse rotation of the(11/11 /2011 »

Gas Methane
- The sun will rise from the West and the vast skies will become red(

America the great volcano in -november2011()

- will begin its activities - eight days out of the ashes

Syria: Soldiers the United Nations They sent to Syria in September/ earthquake in northern Israel

and Syria And its effect on the dry lake Kynrt /In October Jordan to take possession of syria/and

after Exit Western from Iraq/ Iraq by the Jordan in Januaryto take possession of/Fighting with

Turkey in December2011/And in February 2012 At one point, some of Sufyani's army will sink

into the ground. This place will be known as Baidah and will be located either between Makkah

and Madina

(volcano

Jesus in the the

autumn

of 2012 - comes to earth from the sky - to help Imam Mahdi

theadministration of justice in the earth

emam-mahdi-1431.blogfa.com...

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Truly a great video, and thank you for your service to our country. Regardless of how screwed up it is, no one should post badly against this video or you. You did your duty to your country and we as americans, regardless of political ideology or lack there of, should have nothing else to say than "thank you". Because, if it weren't for for brave men and women like yourself, then none of us might have the right to sit here and insult your views and your video... In my opinion

top topics

join