It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UAE donates $500,000 to help Joplin schools

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

It is nice to see the UAE supporting the species

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Im not sure where people get the idea the US is completely walled off from accepting foreign aid. As a matter of fact it happens all the time through sister city programs. Springfield MO sister city in Japan sent resources when Springfield got slammed with a massive ice storm a few years ago.

When the earthquakes hit japan, springfield returned the favor and sent aid and resources to their sister city.

The UAE sent over 100 million in aid for Hurricane Katrina.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
That's awesome, dude. The UAE is a wealthy nation a fairly bizarre place by American standards but generosity and kindness are a common thread. So is oil-lust. But seriously, props to UAE for the generosity. Joplin can use it for sure.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

When we become too arrogant or prideful to accept a helping hand when in need, we have lost our
humbleness. It isn't like The U.S. has not accepted help in the past. One example would be the
support of France in the early days of our independence. You are spot on. Thanks for the comment.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Signals, I "Never Look a Gift Horse in The Mouth." I see this as a pleasant suprise. However, being jaded
as I am, it wouldn't be uncommon in todays world for there to be strings attached. I know you S a a v y.

Rock on

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Xcathdra, this is wonderful to hear your thoughts being right there in the middle of it all.
Our hearts go out to you, and thanks for the positive info on how folks can work together
and adapt their lives and attitudes. Maybe we're not so bad after all?

Blessings to you,,,,

top topics

<< 1   >>

join