It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trip to Israel -- help me plan my trip!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I couldn't decide the best forum to put this in, I realize there's a Conspiracy on Religion forum, and perhaps that would be more suitable, however my focus isn't entirely on religion, it just so happens that Israel is an epicenter of religions, so it seems plausible to focus there.

Anyways, my employer is sending me to Israel for a work related trip. I have always been fascinated by the history of that ancient place. I am a bit overwhelmed when searching for options on things to see while I'm there. I am a big fan of conspiracy-type stuff, as well as strange myths, or just "interesting" history. I am wondering if anyone can help me out in determining some good places to go that meet those criteria.

Please, I don't want this to be a religious discussion, a political discussion, or anything like that. I'm just looking for some tips on cool/interesting places to see for the types of folks who are ATS members.

I will be spending most of my available free time in Jerusalem, so stuff near there is preferred. I will however have a vehicle and will be able to travel wherever.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I have no tips for you, but I have a request - Please update this thread or start a new one with lots of pics when you return.

Tomb of Jesus would be an important stop...

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Help out Iran.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Rescue some of the Eastern European and Russian sex slaves..

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Ghostt

I'm not much of a "UFO" person, but I do follow news in Israel. It seems that there have been mentions of UFO's in their news. Maybe a local will have a story for you.

If you are interested in historical reference, without religion, you may still enjoy the myths and legends that are Jerusalem. Granted most are of biblical figures, but you can satisfy spiritual, mythical, or historical appetites, as you like, with the same city.

Good luck on your assignment, and eat where the locals eat!

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Vacationing in Israel on your employers' dime, eh? Sounds familiar. You aren't a congressman, are you?

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Locate the cube and report back.
In all seriousness, visit the cube, and report back.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Enlightenme1111

This thing? Or is there a new cube theory/conspiracy to know about?

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by HenryTwoTimes
Vacationing in Israel on your employers' dime, eh? Sounds familiar. You aren't a congressman, are you?

That's rather presumptuous, but, I feel compelled to answer anyways. My employer only expects me to work 8 hours a day. That leaves me 16 additional hours to eat, sleep, and enjoy the environment. My employer does not pay for my sightseeing, but I am allotted plenty of time to spend as I wish. That also includes two full weekends.

My employer also encourages enjoying the local area when traveling on the downtime hours. And no, its a private company, my salary is not paid for by public dollars.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Heros_son
reply to post by Enlightenme1111

This thing? Or is there a new cube theory/conspiracy to know about?

www.synchromysticismforum.com...

Welcome to your new reality. Who would've thought that your enlightenment would come on the back of an Israeli tourist?

Enjoy!

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Ghostt

The old city of Jerusalem is a really cool place to visit.
I suggest you take some rides on their train system. Fantastic experience!
If you are so inclined,and want to enjoy a very good spiritual experience, try out a visit to Nazareth. The Arabs living there are very good people. I felt a great kinship when visiting there, unlike when I visited Jerusalem.
Jerusalem seemed like a dead city to me, although the ancient architecture was fabulous, but in Nazareth, I could feel the spirits of the city.
I wouldn't know about how to do such a thing on your own, but a visit to a Kibutz is a great eye opener. Kind people at the one I visited. I got to visit because one of my hosts had a cousin living and working in one. Everyone I met at the kibutz was kind and interested in talking to me and my wife about just anything.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Caserea, a Roman city long almost destroyed, but still you can see the remnants of aquaducts is a cool visit. Plus there is a museum there that holds some of the most fantastic art I've ever seen personally. It's all art by Spanish artists. I can give you the name if you want. I will have to look it up. It's free!
When I was there the museum had a Salvador Dali exhibit of his sculptures. Yes, those long-legged elephants can stand up with out any other support than their skinny legs. His bronze sculptures proved that.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Reply to post by Ghostt

Sounds fun.

What is the nature of your job?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Eat falafel. Oogle ladies. Hydrate. Try to not to wear a checkered scarf or bulky underclothes.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
Tomb of Jesus would be an important stop...

Lol @Tomb Of Jesus. The tomb of someone that never existed!!!???

'Watch Out For The Zionists!!'

If you are going for a work related visit stick with your company security guards. Don't wander off anywhere without them. Zionist Israel is busy preparing itself to go to war with Iran and every other middle eastern country. Be careful over there. And watch what you say in public!

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   
remember to do any shopping before the friday sunset. walking through jerusalem when it was empty was one of the strangest experiences i had over there. avoid the orthodox areas after friday sunset if you are driving. it's not uncommon for certain characters to throw rocks at you.
stay safe and don't get into heated discussions with the locals. take a football and have a game with the kids in the old quarter. a definate ice-breaker.

regards f

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Israeli tourist

no matter how hard I try I keep reading that as Israeli terrorist

but to OP, bring lots and lots of fresh water oh and guns and ammo.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by stevcolx
*SNIP*
That is bull, Muslims have plenty of coutries, Afghanistan, pakistan, Saudi arabia, egypt, jordan etc.. everyone knows that Israel is a Jewish country so why do they feel the need to set up home there, they even put a mosque on a very religious Jewish site where they believe Jesus will return, the palastines make me sick.
edit on 12-8-2011 by Skyfloating because: Off-Topic Quotes Removed

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join