It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2/3rds of the Angels Stood by us, do you appreciate that?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by HardyWhite
One question I have right now is...

Do Angels have free will, or not?
The idea of the rebellion says they do,
but I learned of them having a sole creation
to worship God.
We had free will, they didn't...

I wouldn't mind sharing my opinion. It determines how the person views angels and how they act. I do not believe angel's have free-will while many do believe angels can be good and evil.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by NeoAlef2012

Let's see it!!!

Bring on the moreness!

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion

Thank you!

Ever come across the idea that some of us are the actual "Fallen" now working to restore the CREATOR's original intention? Unconditional LOVE for ALL.

Maybe we have had to learn a few lessons over time...Such as right NOW in this moment. Please look across the earth and let me know how you feel about what you see in the "big picture".

I feel that humanity can't continue on this path of separation (duality), we must now come together and fix this beautiful earth. I feel The Christos explained to us how to do this!

Regards and Nameste,

-Chung

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   

What do you think angels are exactly? Winged humanoids? Spirits? Extra-dimensional beings? Aliens?

If in fact "angels" stood up for us in order to perpetuate the human race then yes I appreciate that. Anything standing up for our race after seeing what we are capable of has to be merciful.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManOfGod267

Sure I can. Satan in Judaism is an angel who tempts people to sin. Being an angel Satan has no free-will. Since angels can only know good and praise god, and also can never die.
Does Judaism believe in Satan?
Satan in Judaism

What are angels in Judaism?

I have more sources if you're interested. You can see Judaism has different ideas and views of subjects.

Dear ManOfGod26,

You contradict yourself, earlier you said they had free will, are you now saying that the only angel that didn't was Satan.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   

No, I didn't say they had free-will at all. You must of misinterpreted by post. Don't worry I'm not good at writing. What I did mention though is what if Satan did eat from the Tree of Knowledge. I share my view of angels with Jews who do not believe angels have free-will.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Dear SaturnFX,

You stated that Satan was a fan of ours and then said how bad we were. I am confused, what good does he see in us because clearly you see none.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
look you can call me a troll or whatever, but i've been thinking a lot lately, I just recently had 2 thoughts in my mind that spontaneously came up. one was "we are only as powerful as we feel".
the other was very peculiar to me because I didn't know how to interpret it at first.

"you are here to test the faith of others"

yeah. so you can imagine how that made me feel since I would be easily labelled a heretic or non-believer in all senses of the word. Nothing, and I mean it, has happened since like that where a thought has come up from no where that was so descript. thought i'd just let you know before you start calling me out so you can see where i'm coming from.
that my was athiest side trying to get to the thick of your faith so I can try and understand what's going on.

edit on 11-8-2011 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   

edit on 11-8-2011 by Turq1 because: answered on pg 2

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheThirdAdam

not saying that you did, just a lol... I think that they trust in God to not ask them to do wrong, so they choose his service... we do get to prove ourselves, they protect us from outside influences that could manipulate our free will

Dear TheThirdAdam,

I am not sure. I am not sure that they protect us from outside influences, I think they merely keep us from having to deal with more than we are able. I hope that makes some sense, they don't protect us from being overwhelmed, they make sure it is still our choice.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Turq1

Lucifer

Use of the name "Lucifer" for the devil stems from a particular interpretation of Isaiah 14:3–20, a passage that does not speak of any fallen angel but of the defeat of a particular Babylonian King, to whom it gives a title that refers to what in English is called the Day Star or Morning Star (in Latin, lucifer).

I see Lucifer as the Babylonian King.

Well, I never read the Book of Enoch but will look into it.
I already posted links citing my sources on angels. Everyone views angels and biblical history different.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by AQuestion
reply to post by UmbraSumus

Now for your riddle. Who said that God didn't see it coming and if he didn't then that means he allowed free will, do you like free will?

The concept of "free will" is undergoing some interesting neurological scrutiny recently, neuroscientists at the Max Planck Institute have followed up the work of Benjamin Libet, with their studies revealing that much of our subconscious activity precedes and determines our conscious choices ........ but thats a different tread eh .....!

The Devil is a moron, he forgets that the game ended before it began because he refuses to learn and people do.

You really believe in this anthropomorphic tale ?

link   

Originally posted by HardyWhite

Maybe he does get there... and thats when Christ returns.. that would explain why he would take his 'chosen people' with him and leave the rest to waste, right?

P.S. I'm not really trolling. I'm very interested in this conversation.

Dear HardyWhite,

I do not think I have treated you as a troll and I hope I have not because I know how to. I will start by responding about his "chosen people", I ask, chosen for what, to have a good time, he said they would go into captivity, he said they were stiff necked, they were not chosen to just have cookies, they were chosen because they stood by their faith and did change. Were the rest of us just left to waste, I don't think so, we were given a greater chance, a chance to learn love and let that be our only beacon, do we fail, most of the time; but, when we excel we kick all the doors down and actually do good, not often enough; but, better than never. Be well.

No. You didnt treat me like a troll. I just wanted to be clear!

As far as I know, christ hasnt returned... so nobody HAS been left to waste.some religions say 144,000. The jews are also known as Gods chosen people. I don't really have my own ideas on this, but I would imagine there is a chosen people, more rightly a God for all people... For each race and religion.. there may be ONE above said Gods, and He may be who most in the Judeo/Christian beliefs refer to.. but honestly.. there is no knowledge I could attain in life that would make me fully and faithfully understand 'God'

link   

Originally posted by newcovenant

From what I have heard about angels they are boring and the exciting ones are banned.

"Bad Angels" are capable of free thought but put it to no good use.
"Good Angels"...do what they are told.

Humans however, might surprise you.

Dear newcovenant,

I am less concerned with excitement than I am with being good to one another. I do agree that humans can surprise you and that is what I am discussing.

link   
reply to post by HardyWhite

Are you trolling?

My questions got conveniently ignored

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Something that has me puzzled is Job 1:9-12:

Then Satan answered the Lord and said, “Does Job fear God for no reason? 10 Have you not put a hedge around him and his house and all that he has, on every side? You have blessed the work of his hands, and his possessions have increased in the land. 11 But stretch out your hand and touch all that he has, and he will curse you to your face.” 12 And the Lord said to Satan, “Behold, all that he has is in your hand. Only against him do not stretch out your hand.” So Satan went out from the presence of the Lord.

This was way after the creation and getting the boot from Eden but it shows Satan doing gods will. What gives?

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Thats a very interesting perspective, I guess it could go either way since the bible says that we are made in his image but also says that we are born as sinners... my question was that if we were made made in his image and therefore had his inner light then how can some be born with no conscience or remorse? how can they be saved?

if the bible says that any man can be saved, how can there be the sociopath who is incapable of repenting? just a question to ponder

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sippy Cup
reply to post by ProphecyPhD

And OP ” YES” I guess from what I understand or heard that we will judge angels and are above them ( do you know why, cus I don’t) but maybe were not though. I don’t know.

edit on 11-8-2011 by Sippy Cup because: (no reason given)

Dear Sippy Cup,

I do not know the answer only possibilities, Perhaps because we can learn through this life more than the angels can by not having been challenged as we have.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by daskakik
Something that has me puzzled is Job 1:9-12:

Then Satan answered the Lord and said, “Does Job fear God for no reason? 10 Have you not put a hedge around him and his house and all that he has, on every side? You have blessed the work of his hands, and his possessions have increased in the land. 11 But stretch out your hand and touch all that he has, and he will curse you to your face.” 12 And the Lord said to Satan, “Behold, all that he has is in your hand. Only against him do not stretch out your hand.” So Satan went out from the presence of the Lord.

This was way after the creation and getting the boot from Eden but it shows Satan doing gods will. What gives?

Demons still have to respect Gods will. Satan knows his fate, he is allowed to roam (i don't know why) but what is written will happen.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Freewill! God gave angels freewill which is why a third of them were kicked out from where you & I can only hope to be. They had never & will never experience the human condition, WE ARE SPECIAL, but unfortunately we are contaminated. Angels & humans are searching for 50% of a different yet the same problem and that is to be complete with whoever or whatever created us. Yet, humans are still THE ONLY CREATURES OF ALL THINGS created int he image of GOD and that makes us special, no matter how pathetic we seem to be. I really need to start a new thread on this subject! It's deep people, I MEAN DEEP, but very simple at the same time.
edit on 11-8-2011 by NeoAlef2012 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join