It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2/3rds of the Angels Stood by us, do you appreciate that?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
how can we live day to day and still believe in things like angels?

sorry. i have to say it. like it would be if i were eating a cheeseburger with rotten cheese and windshield washer as sauce, you'd be like, dude stop eating that it's not right.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManOfGod267
reply to post by AQuestion

What if Satan didn't have free-will till he ate from the Tree of Good and Evil? Do you think Adam and Eve were the only ones?

Dear ManOfGod267,

Please point me to any scripture that says that Satan did not know of Good and Evil. I have no problem with people telling me that the bible is a fairy tale; but, let us examine it based on what it does say.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by UmbraSumus

What I would like to know is why an all knowing omnipotent god didn`t see it coming .

Riddle me that ....

edit on 10-8-2011 by UmbraSumus because: (no reason given)

GOD sees

ALL

things imho

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ProphecyPhD

suffer and...

Puke rainbows??

I like your point of view in this.
JK on the puke rainbows..

link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Dear SaturnFX,

Actually it says that he accuses us day and night before God, doesn't sound like much of a fan of ours and we don't do a good job, too many of us make it easy for him.

link   
#1: Humans are above angels, as humans are the only creatures created in the image of GOD. This is what pissed Lucifer, the creators favorite, off, angels were not created in the image of God. You have to understand that, there was no physical at that time. Purely spiritual. You & I are the physical test of this. The war started as a spiritual, (no death), death came about when the spiritual manifested into physical. Yeshua said Himself that our bodies are nothing more than clothes. Lucifer, (governments now), prey upon this.Once we leave this body, it's an entire different ballgame. We are dealing with different dimentions, with the same spirit. Science has proven that a human soul has an energy...with that info, man & woman make a human, physically...the spirit is energy. A woman can put forth another human physical body out of hers, but unless she has a nuclear reactor inside of her...that spirit, or soul comes from somewhere else. Humans cannot naturally make energy, yet we do!
I understand that this is cramming ALOT into a small space, but I hope that some of you get it. All of the info is there!
edit on 10-8-2011 by NeoAlef2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Ray1850

LOVE it.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by HardyWhite
reply to post by UmbraSumus

Well, maybe he did see it coming, but couldn't rightly punish the bad guy
if he hadn't really done anything.. o.O

or the "bad guy" is already punished and GOD is giving the "bad guy's" henchmen a chance for an appeal

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Maybe he does get there... and thats when Christ returns.. that would explain why he would take his 'chosen people' with him and leave the rest to waste, right?

P.S. I'm not really trolling. I'm very interested in this conversation.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheThirdAdam

I don't really see how this question is relevent to my post, but no, i don't see them as robots. If they had no free will then how did they rebel in the first place. those who serve God follow his will, and though i do not think that angels are the same in type of being as humans, they still love and serve God by doing his will by their own choosing... You almost sounded as if you were calling me a spititual racist?

Dear TheThirdAdam,

I did not call you anything, I asked a question. You stated that they have free will but their alliegence is to God, do you assume that they will do anything even if they think it is wrong or do you assume that they believe we deserve a chance to prove ourselves?

link   

Friend:

This question comes from my HEART.

I trust in The Christos, and I understand there is just ONE GOD for ALL. Why is it that you separate you from I , or others from this question?

LOVE is unconditional to all persons that are on this earth, fore, GOD is LOVE and LOVE is GOD. Please do not exclude anyone from answering. We all came from the same CREATOR. I feel that to exclude is "separation from GOD".

Regards and Nameste,

-Chung
edit on 10-8-2011 by ChungTsuU because: (no reason given)

link   
Well, besides the more common beliefs, you have the Gnostic viewpoint which basically says that the God who caste out the angels is a fraud, and that Lucifer knew it and rebelled for the sake of man (and to team up with us because we have the Spirit of the true God in us, and can therefore defeat the false god), so I suppose that would fit with the two thirds of Angels who sided with God being evil (the 6.66 thing).

Either way, I don't think you can really say Angels 'care' about us. They stayed loyal to God because that's where their love lies. It's like my dog not eating the chickens I raise. He'll protect them because he knows it's what I want, but if I gave the word he'd be more than willing to tear them apart (plenty of examples in the bible of Angels doing this).

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ray1850
Just replace angels with aliens and this thread makes more sense

Two thirds of ATS would agree!!

link   
reply to post by NeoAlef2012

Ever wonder if a sociopath is just a body with no spirit? Be driven by something else that isn't made in the image of God? Since they have no conscience or inner light?

link   

Originally posted by AQuestion
This is really a thread just for believers, to non-believers consider it my attempt to discuss the morals of a fairy tale if you must.

In the bible it says that 1/3rd of the angels rebelled against God; but, that means that 2/3rds did not and actually care about us and are willing to have us above them, that is pretty amazing considering all the harm we do. Here are my questions, why should they believe in us becoming better and do you appreciate the fact that they trusted in us enough to stick it out and not rebel? What side would you take, or better put, would you do the same for us, do you love your brother that much that you will put up with his mistakes while he grows?

While the question you pose is an interesting one, I find the fact that you are applying the concept of Angel to a living breathing being, where in fact it could actually have a whole range of meanings. That is the purpose of the bible. To tell tales of our history, not in literal form, but in code, in parables (I think that is the word).

To speak like you are, you are applying a 3rd density logic to a story that encompasses possibly many dimensions/densities.

Given that the Angels that came to Earth, The Watchers, taught us things we weren't meant to know, and bred with us, means that they maybe cared for us too...in physical format.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by metalholic
As somebody who studies the bible. And many other belief systems around the world. And someone who gets his information other then google/youtube.

I can't help but wonder if the christian satan is the sumerian EA and the christian god is the sumerian Enlil.

If that is the case then EA being the serpent created us using dna because being the "enlightened one" means that he was a scientist. Enlil was like your modern day general. So with that being said it's obvious the 2 didn't get along especially since these gods were brothers of a ruler. And both were entitled to the throne.

A long time ago and even to this day warring alien factions have fought over mankind. It would not surprise me if these angels are in fact aliens. As ancient man would not be smart enough to know the difference between alien and god!

I intend to read up on this subject.

Thank you!!

link   

Sure I can. Satan in Judaism is an angel who tempts people to sin. Being an angel Satan has no free-will. Since angels can only know good and praise god, and also can never die.
Does Judaism believe in Satan?
Satan in Judaism

What are angels in Judaism?

I have more sources if you're interested. You can see Judaism has different ideas and views of subjects.

link   
reply to post by yourmaker

Dear yourmaker,

Who asked you to believe anything, certainly not I. Don't believe it, what did Crowley say, do as thou wilt; but, why deny me the same, why deny me the right to believe and do as I will?

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoAlef2012

Dear NeoAlef2012,

I think you did cram a lot in and very well.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I feel very bad. There is a TON more!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join