It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Emergency Broadcast System issuing "Monthly Tests" almost every night. Am I the only one?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Haven't noticed any on the television, but I don't watch much. I have noticed more of them on the radio at work. When I hear them I always try to listen to see if it's just a test. Coworkers always say it's just a test. My reply is that they sure seem to be doing a lot of them lately.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
I notice it every other night that the yellow light is on my weather radio, The message says weekly scheduled test. But haven't noticed the EBS broadcasting every night.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Does the Govt pay the stations to do these tests??

Maybe a scam for more of your govt dollars.

A test every 3 months would be sufficient.
Anything more is a waste of time/money.

Will end up as a "Boy who cried wolf" effect, where the majority will ignore it as a test when it's really needed.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
I live in Minnesota and i have seen nothing on TV or the radio and i have the TV on all the time and the radio on when im outside..very strange

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
I have AT&T Uverse and get them almost daily. A few weeks back around midnight they broadcasted a "civil emergency" and offered no information as to what is was. I found out the next day that a small but strong thunderstorm was in the area. The "emergency" was only for our County and the storm only affected a small portion of the County.

I was a little disappointed that it stated an emergency and no information followed. Some alert system. What a joke.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
im in pa & this has been going everday now for over a year i swear! its really annoying.

has anyone else noticed the radio also doing this?

my one dog hates thunderstorms they scare him, and he knows what the emergency sound means

(like when a bad storm/flash flood/tornado is coming)

so now whenever the test happens he wants to be held.

the tv is always at night, and the radio is always in the morning, or afternoon. also on the radio it never says its a test it just plays the beginning intro emergency broadcast noise and cuts back into the regular radio stuff.

anyone else experience that? its pretty weird.

they only used to be once a week. it even says required weekly test. so why do they do it everyday?

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Has anyone tried contacting the networks to ask what is going on? We don't get them here in the UK, so you could say we're kept in the dark and if anything does go down we won't be prepared as a nation.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
It is not your imagination. It is part of the fear conditioning program being used to bring about mass hysteria. Oh and don't you just love the new technology where you have to press a button to make it stop - that way it can be monitored to see if you are watching or if you just have the tube on.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I've noticed this also in the Seattle-Tacoma area. I have Comcast Triple Play and I frequently turn my bedroom TV on to an "easy listening" radio station when I have trouble going to sleep (we have radio stations on our TV cable system). When they do their "monthly tests" in the middle of the night, the message does not "erase" itself and is still showing on the screen when I wake up. I'll have to pay more attention now, but it does seem that every time I put the radio on the TV I have that E.B.S. message on the screen when I wake up.

Curious...

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Simon_Boudreaux

First off, I do not watch tv, or listen to radio (much).

When I read your reply Simon, my first thought was - every one will be so use to hearing the Emergency "test", they wont be paying attention when its NOT a test.

Subtle programming

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I've been back in So.Calif since Saturday. There was an EBS this morning about 4am (my sleep cycle is still all screwed up fm Iraq time). That is the only one i've seen so far. I have Time Warner..

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Our local radio station said these were weekly tests. I have not seen a test on TV though. So is it conditioning to make us unsettled and edgy or are the powers getting ready for an event? Most people are on edge with the whole living thing- economy, jobs etc.... Is it me or do others think one push an America would erupt?

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfATS

I have been Noticing more often lately.. Maybe because I feel something close on the horizon. Allot of people are anxious and just waiting... Hear them allot lately maybe five time in just this last few days...
Therian

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
No you are not the only one. I see the "test" on my local cable network every single night and have been for the last few months.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I've also seen this played more in the last year then I have ever seen before.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Virginia here.

I have noticed this as well along with an increase in the "Be prepared commercials"
I have cox cable

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by HellfireRWS

I also live in VA and have Cox.

ditto

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Asheville, NC. I have charter. I don't watch alot of TV or listen to the radio much. I have noticed, however, that I do see these more than monthly or weekly.

There are going to be too many people that start ignoring them. This is not good as not only to they do storms and such, but Amber Alerts as well.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Gwampo

I live in VA as well.

I just asked my son who watches tv every evening. He said typically every night he runs across one of those tests.

Edit to add we have Dish Network
edit on 11-8-2011 by summer5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
No, I haven't seen any lately.... In fact, my city tests its tornado sirens the first Wednesday of each month and fr the first time, I don't recall hearing it......

So I haven't seen an increase at all.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join