It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Emergency Broadcast System issuing "Monthly Tests" almost every night. Am I the only one?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I just find it completely annoying that every night I get like 4 "Monthly" tests for the EBS. That insane annoying buzz followed by the even worse computer tone from the 80's. Am I the only one dealing with this or are other ATS'ers noticing that it is way way way too much for monthly tests? I am on Comcast in South Carolina. U?

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
You aren't the only one. I got TWO last night alone on Cable television here. The first was a "Required Weekly Test" by the "Civil Authorities" mid evening and then at about 4am another came on for a Weather related "Required Weekly Test". Now these used to be monthly and the point was to TEST it...not to let everyone who subscribed to the channels to SEE the 'test'. I keep getting the idea they are getting us desensitized to the concept of seeing these often, for real.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfATS

To be completly honest I have also been noticing more EMERGENCY BROADCAST alerts also. In my area they used to be the first Tuesday of every month, however, it seems to be almost nightly. I do have to agree with you.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
No, I get them just about every night here on Comcast in NW Indiana.It is funny that it says monthly,but it happens nearly every night.I've been workin wierd hours lately,so my hours are kind of wierd,so I usually notice the tests around 3-4 a.m.

Also the OP reminded me of this good thread,possibly a connection,as they are getting ready to use a new system or something else...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
North Carolina here, I too have been noticing this, it happens about twice a night here every other week. Im not sure what it has to do, and it is awful strange

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Wow I was wondering if it was just me but there have been a lot more here in Michigan there was 2 "monthly" tests in the last 3 days and this is ota tv not cable.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Soooo, you people don't work and are up all night watching television huh????

I'm totally joking

I have noticed that as well and i'm in NY.
edit on 8/10/2011 by ProphecyPhD because: don't

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Vallejo California here...and yea we had 1 day before yesterday then another 1 today..I thought it was kinda weird but I been spending more time here during the day lately so figured I just hadn't noticed it every other day

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Yea, Florida, I have been getting 3 and 4 almost back to back late night. I don't know why they require several tests.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Same here way up north in Duluth MN, every damn night, only on certain channels though.
2nd

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Same here way up north in Duluth MN, every damn night, only on certain channels though
2nd

By the way I made a thread a while back that is kind of relevant to this i guess.
.www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
just had one in tulsa, ok ----i'm watchin ABC ch 8
and yes just about everynight there is a test alert.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
im in northern California and i have noticed it too. i see at least 1 almost every night for like the past week and a half to 2 weeks. very strange

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
way to go!! last time a thread like this happened I was jinxed with nightly test too. hopefully this doesn't ruin my last few months without a single one.

WOW, as I was typing this I JUST got a test!!!!! jinxed again

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Last time this happened was right before the Japan quake.

Just sayin...

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
i am too the point where i hear it or see one i turn off the tv and the radio, so if it was not a test i would not know, nor care if it comes or happens so be it.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by DARKMINDEDSTAR

Where are you from? You don't say in your profile... maybe we can see a pattern in States... Fault Lines...etc..

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I believe they are doing national training for the first time coordinating with Fema and the National Guard and all that. There's been some posts on here about it and i'll see if I can find the link.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I don't hear them. But most nights I don't have the tv or radio on and we don't have loudspeakers outside where I live. Interesting that so many of you are starting to notice them often. I hope people don't come to ignore them when they are needed....or maybe that IS the purpose!

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Since I posted this I have heard 2 more. I seems with the response that many people are noticing this to be happening more often then in the past. What does it mean? Why are they doing this?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join