It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trying again to learn about Masons and secret clubs

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
Why don't you just join the Masons LadyV and learn all about Liberty, Equality and Tolerance first hand?

Oh, that's right you don't have a penis. Never mind.

There is Co-Masonry that allows women.
You can lean first hand...

www.co-masonry.org...

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Why don't you just join the Masons LadyV and learn all about Liberty, Equality and Tolerance first hand?

I hope this is humor, RANT. I'm not sure I understand your point

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by JCMinJapan

There is Co-Masonry that allows women.
You can lean first hand...

www.co-masonry.org...

Thank you but I'll learn here....I have never been one to join clubs....not even girl scouts stuff, it seemed so cliquish to me..

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 09:10 PM
link   

why the sickle and the hammer that is not masonic? Thats from the Soviet flag. And the snake eating his tail is from another society.

I jumped too far ahead. It represents us all as humans with a 'watcher'. Levels of hierarchy... like this diagram:

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 09:14 PM
link   
i just read the terms and conditions and it looks to me like talking about penis's in ways unrelated to anatomy might be against the rules. RANT you are a moderator so of all people moderators should follow rules. i dont care i found it funny and laughed but im just saying if your going to enforce the rules you yourslef should follow them. im not trying to be insulting or disrespectful im just saying.

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 09:20 PM
link   
phantom, it was obviously a joke, based on the membership being male-only. Gotta have a sense of humour, buddy.

BTW, you misspelled "quote", so that's why it didn't work.

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by stoneskull
phantom, it was obviously a joke, based on the membership being male-only. Gotta have a sense of humour, buddy.

BTW, you misspelled "quote", so that's why it didn't work.
oh silly me. i did find it funny. all im saying is you should follow the rules if you enforce them but i found it funny to. its no big deal. im sorry if i came off as a jerk.

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe

I hope this is humor, RANT. I'm not sure I understand your point

It's already been explained in the thread since then that Masons offer a version of brotherhood for Lady Masons not too uppity to be offended by being cast off as "seperate but equal" or for those unable to get anything from the experience without the benefit of being guided by the "enlightenment gene" of a Y chromosome, they can join the "Mason Light" experience of Co-Masonry.

It started out as a joke. Though now I see it's not one. But who am I to judge? The Klan only accepts whites. The Boy Scouts only straights. Why the hell not Men's only clubs?

I don't even want to ask if it's a tax exempt charity. It'll probably just infuriate me if it is.

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I have learned a lot here.......but I don't really understand in our modern time, why it's an all male club, but I don't really care either...I just find it puzzling.

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 09:32 PM
link   
my masonic bible is close to 1 hundred years old while skimming through the old pages i reached the back and noticed a strange rectangular anomaly between the cover and the page that connects to it so i pulled the page from the cover and found a note from my great grandfather. this is amazing im going to call my family and tell them this tommorrow morning.

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by phantompatriot
i just read the terms and conditions and it looks to me like talking about penis's in ways unrelated to anatomy might be against the rules. RANT you are a moderator so of all people moderators should follow rules. i dont care i found it funny and laughed but im just saying if your going to enforce the rules you yourslef should follow them. im not trying to be insulting or disrespectful im just saying.

Actually, it was strictly in the anatomical sense I used the word "penis" as that is the defining factor it seems that forbids LadyV from joining anything but an offshoot of the fraternal order of Freemasonry. The genetic presence of a Y chromosome even if not specifically stated in the by laws seems relatively important to the brotherhood. For some reason. I suppose. Whatever.

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Actually, it was strictly in the anatomical sense I used the word "penis" as that is the defining factor it seems that forbids LadyV from joining anything but an offshoot of the fraternal order of Freemasonry. The genetic presence of a Y chromosome even if not specifically stated in the by laws seems relatively important to the brotherhood. For some reason. I suppose. Whatever.
thats fine your a mod you shouldnt have to explain anything to me.
besides i understand i found it kind of funny.

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 09:38 PM
link   

my masonic bible is close to 1 hundred years old while skimming through the old pages i reached the back and noticed a strange rectangular anomaly between the cover and the page that connects to it so i pulled the page from the cover and found a note from my great grandfather. this is amazing im going to call my family and tell them this tommorrow morning.

And how long have you had this book? Did you read the note before posting this on an internet baord or post here first and then read it?

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 09:45 PM
link   

I have been a mason for some time its in my blood as is politics. much of my family served as mayor.If you want to learn about masonry pick up a masonic bible.

You've been a Mason for some time, have you? May I ask your Lodge name and number, and the Grand Lodge under which it operates? My Lodge is Avon Glen #170 under the Grand Lodge of Alberta.

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jamuhn
So, I was curious about the inclusion Thoth's supposed works in Masonry, because it seems that the pyramid thing comes from somewhere...

What pyramid thing? Sorry, Jamuhn, but can you blame me for being irritated when you repeatedly refer to things you "know" about Freemasonry that aren't actually, you know, true?

I agree with this!!!
Another reason would be people dislike what they don't know, almost as jealousy. They feel they are excluded and react negatively.

I mean, can you blame people? Plus, there's a difference between fearing something and staying away from it and being excluded by not meeting certain expectations.

So, wait, are you saying there's something wrong with the requirements of being a Freemason, namely a belief in a supreme being and upright morals? So no society has a right to determine who can and cannot become a member?

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV

pick up a masonic bible.

Thank you for your politeness and willing for others to understand....very good of you.

LadyV, I'm sorry, but I doubt that phantompatriot is a Freemason. If he was, he wouldn't mislead you by suggesting that a Masonic Bible is in some way different from any other King James Bible.

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 09:49 PM
link   
ive had this book for only about two weeks its an heirloom passed down through the masons of my family. i read the note first it wasnt addressed to me(i guess my grandfather never saw it) and alex kennedy i have not been a mason long i just joined this month and to tell you the truth i cant remember my lodge but i have it written down somewhere.anyways im seem to be pretty popular for a newcoming mason. mostly because most of the men on my mothers side of the family were all on city council and mayors and things and all past grand masters and stuff. its sad i havent memorized my lodge yet but i must admit freemasonry is somewhat confusing when you first join.

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by stoneskull
mmm, yeah.

Look at this picture of the reverse-Great Seal:

As well as the spelled-out "Mason"

Looks like it spells out "Asnom" to me. Maybe you should be more worried about those asnoms.

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 09:52 PM
link   
alex kennedy my masonic bible is the same as a king james bible except it has 57 pages of masonci related stuff and plans and pictures of king solomons temple.

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 09:55 PM
link   

It's already been explained in the thread since then that Masons offer a version of brotherhood for Lady Masons not too uppity to be offended by being cast off as "seperate but equal" or for those unable to get anything from the experience without the benefit of being guided by the "enlightenment gene" of a Y chromosome, they can join the "Mason Light" experience of Co-Masonry.

RANT, I'm sorry, but you're really mis-characterising Lady's Masonry and Co-Masonry. Neither one of these is under the jursidiction of any male (read: evil) Grand Lodge. They are all fully independant. And they do almost exactly the same ritual work as any other Grand Lodge. And Co-Masonry is NOT seperate but equal, as it has both men and women. I really don't understand what you're driving at.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join