It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama to take another vacation at Martha's Vineyard

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Hard work presiding over the fall of a once-great nation. Hearing the plebes moan about not having jobs and struggling to survive would make anyone tired.

Dude needs a break.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
well,

just thought i'd take my bike this time out ....

saves energy and I get to see the sights !!!!

edit on Aug-11-2011 by xuenchen because:
weeeeeee!

edit on Aug-11-2011 by xuenchen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
At least it should be cheaper than taking the family to London! Less security needed at Martha's Vineyard.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by ChicagOpinion

The last time he ran off to the Cape was during the BP gulf crisis.

What else would you expect from a coward who has no idea how to govern?

Last time it cost the taxpayers AT LEAST $800,000.00. Why would he do it during this economic crisis, when we just got downgraded? Because that's what grifters do.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by VariableConstant

Hard work presiding over the fall of a once-great nation. Hearing the plebes moan about not having jobs and struggling to survive would make anyone tired.

Dude needs a break.

No, it's not hard work. All he does is toss a bucket of gas on the fire every so often.
Geithner refills the bucket while Obama smokes a butt.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
i d like to see obama throw out a 1000 dollar bill since they arent in circulation anymore and they stopped making them long ago.

talk about out of touch and ignorant ok well stupid america is burning the credit downgrade seal team 6 was just killed and hey lets go on vacation.

ats terms and conditions prevent me from finishing this post id hate to get banned over that loser the potus.

To be honest I think having him go on vacation might do more good than harm. When he spoke to the media to try to calm the fears of investors, the market went into freefall.

There are 2 great ironies in life -
Not getting what you want.......... and getting exactly what you asked for.

I would be content if he stayed there till after the presiential elections..

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

i guess your right he cant blame anyone seems he does more damage when hes at work than when he aint.

yep yep

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   
What a moronic thread...even worse are the comments.

What do you expect him to do while congress is out of town? Sign executive orders that bypass congress to try and fix everything himself? I'm sure you'd all love that.

The jab about 'dozens' of troops coming home in boxes? You know he personally writes a letter to the families of those that died and...unlike the previous admin, he writes to the families of those who killed themselves as well.

Do you see congress doing that? I'm, personally, sick of seeing Boehner and McConnell demand the country destroy itself so they can blame everything on the president just for an election that's still 14 months away.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   

He can move there, in Nov. 2012, most people i know lost years of benifits because they thought, he was a real winner, well guess what its your pocket book, Moms, Dad, and Grandparents losing benifits, and he plans the use the death of OBL, to gain support, i heard from some people as Nov 2012 nears, more seal team action, to help his EGO, about getting elected, ITS the JOBS issue, benifits, not killing people, listen to the news, RIOTS anyone. Its work or school which one is it for some

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by links234

This is what has been going on since Pres. Clinton, Congress in the last 4 yrs of his office they did not a thing for the people, please, prove me wrong, that congress is the problem. Thank YOU

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Well, seeing Obama has been working night and day on the economy and trying to find every American a decent job, he probably deserves it

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Maybe he should stand-up in front of the camera's and tell the people that their Congress is bought and that he won't deal with a bought Congress....

....then go on holiday.

But to say nothing and slink off to Martha's Vineyard....sucks of failure and cowardice.

Yes we can...no you can't, no you won't.

Change we can believe in.....Spare change, any spare change Mister ?

Cosmic...

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Well what is Obama to do with not congress in session see you forgot that Congress is in recess until Sept. so what else can the president do with all the law makers out for the reminder of the month.

You know they all work together, (when they are bickering for crap

edit on 15-8-2011 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Vacation?

I thought he was going on his Magical Misery Tour (aka, the I Will Not Rest Bus Tour)?

Still more to come

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by links234
What a moronic thread...even worse are the comments.

What do you expect him to do while congress is out of town? Sign executive orders that bypass congress to try and fix everything himself? I'm sure you'd all love that.

The jab about 'dozens' of troops coming home in boxes? You know he personally writes a letter to the families of those that died and...unlike the previous admin, he writes to the families of those who killed themselves as well.

Do you see congress doing that? I'm, personally, sick of seeing Boehner and McConnell demand the country destroy itself so they can blame everything on the president just for an election that's still 14 months away.

This is totally asinine, my friend. You honestly believe that Congress has to be in session for the President of the United States to get anything accomplished? That's a new one!

That's like a three-man business having two businessmen call in sick for the day - so the third guy who is present locks up and goes fishing for the day. No, the one who shows up keeps the door open and gets some business accomplished, ya think?

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
I don't see anyone shaking their heads about President Bush's vacations. He took three times more days on his ranch in Texas than Obama has in Martha's Vineyard.

When President Obama does anything that presidents have always done, it becomes a big issue for some people. Obama has the hardest job in the world. We need him to stay balanced and calm. He is even working while he's on vacation. He has many of his staff there with him. If there was a national emergency he would know about it first.

I don't see how an occasional game of golf or basketball or a swim with his wife and children is in any way jeopardizing his position as President of the United States. Everybody has to have some "down time" in order to stay sane.

I think many on this thread just hate, hate, hate their president. They cannot bring themselves to admit that he can do anything right. If he gave them a million dollars they would complain that he was bankrupting the country. I have never in my life seen the country so divided and I was born and raised in Washington D.C. where people live and breathe politics.

I'll give a star to anyone who can admit that Obama has even one good quality and/or has done anything right.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Sestias

Agreed that there was less grumbling when other Presidents took vacations - but one must also agree that our nation has never been this bad off. Seriously, the country is in the worst shape it has been in our entire lives!
And even Bush was smart enough not to take off when he was under the political pressure Obama is under right now in his attempt to win a second term. It's just not smart timing. But then again... maybe he remembers the last time he took off to Martha's Vineyard when his approval ratings and popularity improved during his absence... www.examiner.com...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join