It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Facebook now down? Are you having problems connection to facebook too?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   
I have a new $2,400 laptop, i also have the fastest high speed internet you can get ware i live, and i also have a new wireless Asus Multi-functional gigabit superspeedN wireless router doing 300 MBPS and 2.4 GHz. Its 700% faster wireless throughput. I don't think my computer and internet are a factor, especially when i can load up any web page or video in a second and only facebook was giving me a error message at the time.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by unknown32
I have a new $2,400 laptop, i also have the fastest high speed internet you can get ware i live, and i also have a new wireless Asus Multi-functional gigabit superspeedN wireless router doing 300 MBPS and 2.4 GHz. Its 700% faster wireless throughput. I don't think my computer and internet are a factor, especially when i can load up any web page or video in a second and only facebook was giving me a error message at the time.

Well there's your problem right there. BS overload.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Pretty strange though that the same thing has happened to so many
in such diverse locations to boot.
In strange times we find ourselves.
Something big is coming. It's in the air.
edit on 11-8-2011 by pshea38 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
A few weeks ago I did read here on ats about fb being brought under surveillance by the gov under the pretext of cyber security..I never anticipated It would become a reality so soon In my country..sadly all hope is lost.we indians have sold out to the elitist agenda

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by unknown32

i had the same problem but back to normal now after i did a system restore! Hope it works for you

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
yep facebooks being a right tw** today. I'm in but nothing's working and there's plenty of new groups popping up saying the same thing.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by STEADFast
not working for me... its down and so is Gmail

same for me, noticed it last night

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
My facebook has been having trouble since round 8pm EST. My internet in general has been locking up, not letting me log in to things. I've had to swtich back and fourth between my user and guest to get anything done. I have comcast internet, maybe they are the problem? I had trouble logging into here even. Seems like it's hit or miss though, some people have a problem, some people don't.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by louieprima

My first post here, folks. But anyway, I have had issues with Facebook for the last 24 hours: mainly with it crashing when logging in. When logged in, pages have been slow to load if at all. I've also had trouble posting items when I've gotten logged in and my profile has loaded.

Interestingly enough, I posted the "Anonymous" video yesterday where they plan to hack Facebook on 11/5. I posted it on my wall just to see how people would respond, and within a minute everything on my wall and my "home" page disappeared! It took 10 minutes for it to all come back online. Like a coward, I deleted the video when my wall reappeared.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
It's not a conspiracy.

They are updating crap and it doesn't affect all users everywhere. Just certain random users.

If you can't handle the wait, go back to Friendster.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
cameron-disrupts-social-media-quell-riots< br />
This might have something do to with it depending on your location. I'm embedding the video for those who don't want the text blurb in the source link

edit on 11-8-2011 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by JKF1897
I cannot log on either. My Mobile Facebook is working.

I've tried three separate browsers (Firefox, IE and Google Chrome), nothing. ISP is Comcast.
edit on 10-8-2011 by JKF1897 because: added browser

My mobile FB is working as well, but have not been able to log in on my pc since yesterday morning...

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Me too. Face Book did some new stuff and it's messing up several peoples accounts.

Why mines ?

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Yep last 2 days It takes about 30 attempts to log on. Keep getting

"Connection has timed out"

My laptop and internet is fine otherwise

Someone tell us whats up with it lol

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Me and quite a few of my friends were having issues last night. At first I was afraid my account had been hacked because once I would get it, it'd log me back out and ask me to log in again. I gave up. I came back a few hours later though & everything was working normally again.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ucantcme

I cant log in at all either I am getting the page: Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage with a diagnose connection button

Off topic advice:

Just wanted to mention a friendly tip: Download the Firefox browser and NEVER open IE again. That browser is so full of backdoors it doubles as a colander. Plus your 10 times as likely to get a virus with IE compared to Firefox. No browser is 100% secure, but it sure beats using that virus target IE.

Back on topic:

If your cool with sharing personal info with the NSA, CIA & FBI stay on Facebook and all is well, if you value some level of privacy in your life then cancel your account now. Social networking is another name for data mining.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I live in Toronto, Canada and I'm having the same problem. FB isn't working properly and especially apps related to it aren't loading at all. Strangely I'm also having problems with other websites, either to slow or bad gateway. I thought it was something wrong with my ISP or connection but after checking everything and reading this thread now I think is gotta be something more in a global scale.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
because today they scan the network and also your mobile phones (including to add the numbers to your fb friends)

Rumors claiming that your phone contacts are visible to everyone on Facebook are false. Our Contacts list, formerly called Phonebook, has existed for a long time. The phone numbers listed there were either added by your friends themselves and made visible to you, or you have previously synced your phone contacts with Facebook. Just like on your phone, only you can see these numbers.

www.facebook.com...

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
its working for me now, but earlier today and yesterday i was getting redirected. i bet they're doing something to protect themselves from anonymous by updating. thats all i can think of.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Well im glad that it isnt just happening to me then, i can take my tin foil body suit off & put the hat back on for now then, as i thought it was just happening to me!!

I can still log on after the third or fourth time though but abit weird. Anyways i was paranoid because the Police came to my girlfriends house looking for me after a status i put on facebook about the riots the other day lol

just made me think a little bit as its not even bad, and im a joker, i say this # i aint going to do it as i dont condone it (looting)...anyway just abit weird
edit on 11-8-2011 by n00bUK because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join