It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Facebook now down? Are you having problems connection to facebook too?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I wonder if Anonymous is up to something. Where do you guys live that are having issues? I live in Tennessee.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Working great for me.

No problems.

Am I in the winners circle??

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I don't have a problem logging in. However, I can't see my own wall posts. It says there is no connection or something but when I asked my brother, he says the posts are there. Then when I tried to log out, I got the same page you're getting. Very weird!

I live in Oklahoma.
edit on 10-8-2011 by EagleTalonZ because: Location

link   
About 10 minutes ago Facebook crashed for me. It just says the webpage isn't available. I'm using Chrome -- this is strange, this never happens to me. Every other site works though.

Edit: I'm from central California.
edit on 10-8-2011 by Phasma because: (no reason given)

link   
Double posted -- sorry.
edit on 10-8-2011 by Phasma because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
its working for me now, but i had that problem earlier.

even stranger though, is i can't seem to link away from facebook. when i click youtube or other website links i get the connection problem screen in my browser. one of the links i tried clicking on was about anonymous supposedly destroying facebook nov 5

link   
what's Facebook?

link   
My facebook is down in my cellphone! I thought I'm unique but after I see others well then I'm not alone.

link   
Careful some hacking is going on there.

Worried there going to mess with everyone's profiles.

We will find out when it all calms down.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Interesting. It wont let me post anything. And here's a threat to take them down. 9 hrs ago.

Some members of Anonymous, the nebulous group of hackers whose high-tech activism has wreaked havoc on law enforcement agencies, government ministries and corporations, appear to have a new target in their cross-hairs: Facebook. A threatening message on YouTube was allegedly disseminated by affiliates of the shadowy collective, which in recent days has hijacked the websites of the Syrian Defense Ministry (in protest of the restive nation's autocratic regime) and dozens of rural police offices in the United States (in retaliation for the recent arrests of some of the group's suspected cohorts). "If you're a willing activist or guy who just wants to protect the freedom of information then join the cause and kill Facebook for the sake of your own privacy," implores the narrator of the message, using a voice scrambler. Facebook chief executive Mark Zuckerberg has repeatedly been criticized for his alleged lack of concern for the privacy of his 700 million users. "Facebook has been selling information to government agencies and giving clandestine access to information security firms so they can spy on people all around the world," the Anonymous message, titled "Operation Facebook," claims. (It was uploaded on July 16, but it only began circulating widely around the web on Tuesday. You can listen to it above.)

news.yahoo.com...
edit on 10-8-2011 by AnimositisominA because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-8-2011 by AnimositisominA because: (no reason given)

link   
I live in Mexico

edit on 10-8-2011 by blazeyoung because: MISTAKE

link   
reply to post by EvolEric

I'm located in South East Kentucky
My ISP is South East Telephone... they were SE-TEL now they are Lightspeed something or another

I am on Dial-up btw...

(EDIT to clarify Facebook isnt working... and even ATS isnt working so well...)
edit on 8/10/11 by EvolEric because: See EDIT Section

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
It seems something major must be going on since all of us on here are having problems nationwide.

link   
I have Comcast here. This is really strange -- apparently it's not working for some other people near me, either.

link   
Judging on the activity it looks like a dental of service attack going on here.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Well im glad im not the only one experiencing problems. Mhh, i wounder if this is going to hit like a wave and eventually everyone will have problems loading facebook or signing in.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Down for me too. I live in Saskatchewan, Canada.
Anyone have any ideas? Checked the usual MSM but nothing about it.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Yeah, I had trouble with Facebook about that time and it lasted, as long as I'm aware of, about 7-10 minutes.

I wonder what happened.

EDIT: Right now I cannot post a "Status" on my Facebook page. 10:22PM CST.
edit on 8/10/2011 by OneNationUnder because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Maybe some type of a maintenance? It seems as though if it were planned, there'd be a bit of warning. Maybe Anonymous was serious.

Either way, this is going to make a lot of people angry, if this really is widespread.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
nope i cant get on fb its not connecting for some reason :/ maybe anon hacked it

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join