It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Principal found dead in Memphis classroom, student held

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

Sgt. Karen Rudolph, public information officer for the Memphis Police Department, said York was "in a classroom when she was killed by a 17-year-old student."

But Rudolph said the investigation was still going on and no charges had yet been filed.

York, who also taught at the school, was pronounced dead after officers arrived on the scene at 11:25 a.m., she said.

Rudolph declined to comment on local media reports that York had been stabbed to death.

"They haven't given us a cause of death, but all they will say is 'she was wounded,'"

So this happened at a school but the story is less than 2 hours old. The principal was in the classroom. The principal was murdered and a 17 year old is in custody, but no charges have been filed. They also wouldn't comment on cause of death. Obviously there is some major lack of information in this story.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
What is the race of this two people ?
If the principal is white and the student is black or vice versa.........well......
edit on 10-8-2011 by Heartisblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
This is crazy..

It has been on the local news all day. Not a lot of details, other than the principal was a white woman and the suspect is a 17 yr old male student.

I will keep everyone informed on the details as they come out.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heartisblack
If the principal is white and the student is black or vice versa.........well......

Well?

What are you implying, this is a race issue?

OMG THE PRINCIPAL IS DIFFERENT COLOUR I H8 THEM KILL KILLLLL

No, I don't think so, and I hope this doesn't start a race debate either.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   

The first line of the article mentions that the principal was female, I found that a sort of odd thing to throw out there right away, but no race was given, figures. I did a google search of suzette york and a picture came up, white lady. The name of the student is not given.
edit on 10-8-2011 by filosophia because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia

The first line of the article mentions that the principal was female, I found that a sort of odd thing to throw out there right away, but no race was given, figures. I did a google search of suzette york and a picture came up, white lady. The name of the student is not given.
edit on 10-8-2011 by filosophia because: (no reason given)

It's in Memphis for christ sakes! Besides when I hear about kids getting arrested down there, they're usually black or hispanic. Maybe a white kid, once in a blue moon.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
And this is why my state is the 4th most dangerous state in the United States. Seriously, I live here in Nashville, and I can't turn on the morning news without hearing that multiple people had been shot or stabbed overnight. It's crazy here. Now you see why most of us southerners have firearms. lol

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by DivineIntervention
And this is why my state is the 4th most dangerous state in the United States. Seriously, I live here in Nashville, and I can't turn on the morning news without hearing that multiple people had been shot or stabbed overnight. It's crazy here. Now you see why most of us southerners have firearms. lol

I know this, i'm 40 miles from chicago I've heard about so many people being shot I block it out.
If you're in the right area of my hometown(there is a lot of white people and strangely not ghetto) You can hear gunshots

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
So I checked to see if there were any updates on this story but nothing new. I find that odd since there were so many unanswered questions to begin with. A name of the student held I thought would have come out by now but I can't find it in the news.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Here's an update with video. Names, faces, etc., are all revealed....
Memphis WMCTV - Channel 5.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
On the news this morning, they reported that the suspect, 17 yr old Eduardo Marmolejo admitted to planning the murder in advance.

The reason was said to be because he was upset that the principal (the victim) did not allow him to pass to the next grade, along with his peers.

OMG.Wow....

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
What's also weird is that this evangical school only had 75 students total and only went to the 10th grade. This student was in the 11th grade.....

The principal/teacher extended an entire grade for ONE student....

The student has already confessed to detectives that he had been planning her murder since May, and that he simply did not like her.

He stated that he knew that he would be in the class alone with her, and explained that's why he took this opportunity.

A judge, for WHATEVER earthly reason, has decided to have the student tested for a mental disorder

WTF?????

Getting more weird as the details come out.

Here's the link from our local newspaper:
Student charged with 1st degree murder of principal

top topics

join