It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"I hate humanity" ~ Almost Everybody

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Why do people hate humanity so much? Is it because we are a cancer to this beautiful planet? Maybe this beautiful planet is a cancer to the solar system. Life as we know it could be considered a 'cancer.'

We farm millions of animals, so we are evil. Wait a second; don't whales eat billions of krill a year? Is it because krill doesn't function at the same level as a sheep or a pig that all of a sudden our evil actions are something to be ashamed of?

Swarms of locusts eat fields of plant life as do we. It's nature!

What about certain vines that take over? Are they a cancer to this planet? Millions of trees take away perfectly good space for flowers to grow.

Listen people, it's life. We make houses. Wasps make nests. Beavers destroy trees.

Just a thought really. I definitely don't agree with the way we treat animals or the air. But I also find it sad when people don't recognize that what we are doing is only natural. I'm sure there are some way better examples than the ones I posted, post some if you have them!

I despise when people say humanity is a cancer. I despise that I say it as well. We are a cancer I suppose, but technically that means most other life is as well.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I think it's an act.

Also because some of us are mindful of the environment etc is what separates us from nature.

I think we are the only creature that cares about that...even though others are affected.

Get what I mean?

We understand, so therefor we have the capacity to care, not care, do whatever and comprehend what is happening in the world as a whole.

edit on 8/10/2011 by mudbeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by mudbeed

I woyld have to agree.

A very apte statement.

Cheers!

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
its just because of what i believe people are too 'me first' weather driving or at a drive thru just driving down the road. people act like animals and dont use their brains. You know what i mean the idiot driving down the street talkin on the phone not a care in the world. i think 90 pct of people are just ignorant. oblivious to the way humans are supposed to work together and live in harmony. imo

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Julio

Whales live in equilibrium with nature... Humans do not.

Whales don't kill all other animals that compete with them for food or habitat, Humans do.

Whales do not genetically engineer krill or use petro-chemicals and fertilizers to increase their numbers. Humans do.

If a Shark eats a whale the other Whales don't go kill millions of sharks. Humans do.

I could go on but what would be the point. All life requires life to live, that is natural. What we do is not natural my friend. We aren't a cancer we're just so smart that we've figured out how to exploit the system. Hopefully we're smart enough to stop before we destroy it.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Julio

"Why do people hate humanity so much? Is it because we are a cancer to this beautiful planet? Maybe this beautiful planet is a cancer to the solar system. Life as we know it could be considered a 'cancer.' "

Thats right buddy let it sink in ..

we are earths cancer if you take into darwinian evolution

whales sure do eat millions of pounds of krill

but whales don't pollute like humans

whales don't mess with the ionsphere (haarp)

whales don't throw there trash into space

whales don't drive out mass species and forests because there an inconvinence

whales don't hunt for fun =p

are you down with the mass extermination ? if the whole world signed up ?

you know for the sake of earth and her species?

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Julio

Dear Julio,

I agree. For all our faults and failures, we build hospitals, libraries, schools. We care for the sick, we give money to others that we will never know so that they can buy food, we sit next to people in the hospital that we do not know as they are dying so that they will not be alone, we do a lot of good things and that is start. We need to do more; but, we do these things and many wonderful things. We should be judged fairly and not just by the actions of the worst of us, the best of us are what we can be, that means there is hope. Be well.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Julio
We farm millions of animals, so we are evil. Wait a second; don't whales eat billions of krill a year? Is it because krill doesn't function at the same level as a sheep or a pig that all of a sudden our evil actions are something to be ashamed of?

People hate humanity not because we use resources, but the way we acquire them.

What about certain vines that take over? Are they a cancer to this planet? Millions of trees take away perfectly good space for flowers to grow.

Listen people, it's life. We make houses. Wasps make nests. Beavers destroy trees.

What vine takes over with military occupation?
That's also funny you mention the trees taking away perfectly good space for flowers to grow, the same can be said for humanity, you know, using perfectly good farmland for dump sites and corporate buildings to name a few.

Just a thought really. I definitely don't agree with the way we treat animals or the air. But I also find it sad when people don't recognize that what we are doing is only natural. I'm sure there are some way better examples than the ones I posted, post some if you have them!

I despise when people say humanity is a cancer. I despise that I say it as well. We are a cancer I suppose, but technically that means most other life is as well.

It is not the nature of man to live the way we do, it is the nature of greed.

No my friend, when people say that they hate humanity, they do not mean they hate humanity... they hate what humanity has become.
edit on 10-8-2011 by LeTan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
We are just part of the natural system as far as the Earth or the Universe is concerned. The earth/nature doesn't distinguish us killing off a bunch of species from a comet impact killing a bunch of species. Of course, self preservation should make us watch ourselves with that. Also, developing a sense of responsibility is the best way of self preservation of the species. Since everything is connected, we hurt ourselves by NOT taking care of the environment. Either way, this whole notion of "good" and "evil" is a purely human creation we made up for ourselves. If we kill ourselves and 90% of the plant and animal world with us, the planet will go on as it has in the past for billions of years, with plenty other dominant life forms. We will merely be a part of the fossil record.

Your OP title made me laugh, though. Nice little hook to get people to open your thread and give some answers/insights. Kudos.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Julio

So do other species participate in senseless killing simply because of one's skin color? Whales eat other sea animals because they can't go to a supermarket and buy their food. Since we are at the top of food chain we don't have to invest time in protecting ourselves from predators who hope to have us for an evening snack. We, again, are the only species that can ultimately change the face of this planet as we know it. Our frontal cerebral, I think, is what seperates us from other animals, thus labeling us as a intelligent species.

What we do is NOT natural! The negative things we have done outweighs the positive. We could be the caretakers of this planet, yet some of us choose not to. Continual pollution, racism, greed, hatred, etc. Do lions or birds have or do the aforementioned? I highly doubt it.
edit on 10-8-2011 by IEtherianSoul9 because: Just because

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Julio

Julio i know some people are passionate about how livestock is treated but i've never heard someone complain because humans build houses to live in. Stripping woods to put in mega-complex condo countries does tend to piss off the locals, because it taxes their already-burdened towns. Even then, the buildings still go up.

There are a lot of people who get treated shabby and worse every day. In the USA we are pounded with negative vile news stories regularly. It's part of breaking people down on purpose. It's not like this in all countries. So yes, people are going to get negative.

So we just have to counter-attack the negative with positives. Treat others nicely, show manners, lend a hand, all that happy stuff. Tell someone some good news you have heard. Share your smile.

Just like in relationships, it takes work to get the results you desire. You've already taken a good step by sharing your opinion. People will think about what you wrote and hopefully try to be more positive, in spite of things that may bring them down.

Have a good day

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Julio
Why do people hate humanity so much? Is it because we are a cancer to this beautiful planet? Maybe this beautiful planet is a cancer to the solar system. Life as we know it could be considered a 'cancer.'

Swarms of locusts eat fields of plant life as do we. It's nature!

While you are right on a certain level you are wrong on another. Yes it's natural for something to kill something to live. Or to take a spot before something else does. But it's in how you do it that makes you evil or not.

You see the best analogy I have right now is proof of just how humanity is. The plains indians depended on the movement of herds of buffalo in order to survive winters. Needing the hides for warmth the meat for food and any other parts of the buffalo deemed uselful. As indians always strived to use the most of anything killed that they could. As wasting is shunned upon.

White men come over here and kill as many buffalo as they could only taking hides. Leaving large amounts of food and other parts that could have been uselful to waste. Sure there are animals and what not to help clean it up. But not when there are 50 or more buffalo lying dead throughout the plains at one time. Wasting savage ways are evil.

It's one thing to do what you have to survive but when you go beyond that to the point of harming not only yourself but the environment around you. You are a cancer!

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I don't see what the big worry is about. Even if we were able to exterminate 99.9% of all living species before our own demise, evolution would, in the hundreds of millions of years that follow our own inevitable extinction, through mutation and diversification reproduce a whole new world of millions of new and distinct creatures...I think worrying about our impact is stifling evolution...a whole new "Cambrian Explosion" as you will, could come about.

Think about it; the earth would remain, water, air, sunlight and minute creatures would still be around - they wouldn't even have to make that giant leap from rudimentary building blocks to life, they'd already be here since it would be virtually impossible to eliminate them all - then there would be then nothing stopping the automagical, inevitable explosion of new life and new species.

...unless of course, you're not completely confident that's how it all came about in the first place...then we might have something to worry about...

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Common knowledge:

Fungus invades insect bodies to gain zombie ants.
Ants attack other mounds with warlike precision.
Crows use tools to kill other species, as do a lot of primates.
Deer, without wolves as predators, overgrow their environment to the point where if there is not a major culling, the entirety of their species across several states is weakened during deep winters, ensuring that if they cannot recover by spring, they will pass on inferior genetics.
Some big cats kill for the fun of it.
Mosquitoes spread disease far more efficiently than terrorists.
We can't stop or top Ebola.
Earthquakes, tsunamis, and hurricanes have killed far more than nukes.
Dolphins rape.
Killer whales torment their food.
Sharks sense by biting.
Deserts are expanding a little more each year.

*sigh* The list can go on. Any boom in any population causes mischief to the system. We've not had a downturn in overall human population since the black plague, really.

My thing is that if this world is nothing but survival of the fittest, then who cares? Why do we have this urge to be caretakers? Many of us have this emotional, visceral need to protect nature and humanity from itself and us. What is the point? The only fitting conclusion that I have ever come to is that we were made to care, which sucks because then I have got something out there that I need to answer to for the mess this world has become.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
If you let hate affect you then you will not transition dude, youll start over with the majority of the population. You have to learn that people are who they are, and if they saw themselves from your perspective then they would not be as they are now.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
nature is incredibly violent. it is hardly a harmonious place at all; everything living in the most base of instincts - live or die. It is curious that many see nature as a sort of planetary heaven, when in fact the killing, the mudslides, rain, wind, fire and so on are violent and hardly a state of harmony. Most of the species who have lived on this planet have long vanished, and man had nothing to do with it - the inherent violent nature of the earth took well care of vanquishing them without any help from us.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
The only way to defeat hate is by obeying the ten commandments, because as you fear GOD you establish the true fear towards love, because GOD is love, and GOD will not allow you to hate, because all HIS commandments are punishable by death as IT is explained directly after the ten commandments. Any level of mortal hatred can be dealt with love. Hatred does not require our love. Only the Lord, GOD, can provide an infinite love to our enemies through our mortal fear of HIS love for all.
edit on 11-8-2011 by KennyDurazo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Julio

i love everything. I see multiverse in a single drop of water, and an infinte amount of time in every second.

How can anger arise when the entirety of reality is seen?

there is no greater form of suicide than to wish for a differnt world than the one that created you.
edit on 11-8-2011 by Wertdagf because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by CynicalDrivel

its common knowledge that soceity is needed to survive in some conditions.

wouldnt this need to shelter and protect come from the evolution of society that allowed us to expand and share resources... there by creating a stronger and greater species.

coming to rediculous conclusions like god did it... sigh

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
So much about being a human is not in our control. Are you born rich, well connected, beautiful? Average? Talented in one particular area? Or are all the cards stacked against you? We have little choice.

There are things we can do to better ourselves, but...not always.
edit on 11-8-2011 by Partygirl because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join