It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

NEWS: Gas Leak closes Industrial Estate

page: 1
0

log in

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 07:58 AM
link   
A major gas leak has forced emergency services to close off a large industrial estate in Swansea. So far there are no reports of injuries.
 



news.bbc.co.uk
Around 15 businesses within 150 yards of the leak in Valley Way on the Swansea Enterprise Park have been evacuated.

Officers have closed the industrial estate and gas engineers are at the scene.

No-one has been injured and homes have not been affected, while dozens of workers have been taken to a hotel.




Please visit the link provided for the complete story.


Well...either it's a massive leak or rupture somewhere along the pipeline from either corrosion or foul play.

Due to the weather down there, the gas can either get trapped because the muggy weather, or it will start to dissipate very quickly if more storms are on its way.

A major problem in either case for the affected people in Swansea area.

Related News Links:
www.transco.uk.com


[edit on 8-18-2004 by Valhall]




posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 08:32 AM
link   
"Probably a square mile, maybe two square miles has been evacuated. All businesses, garages, everything, "

That has to be one major leak to evacuate that many people I remember when a house not far from me blew up there was nothing left just the foundations so if a spark or cig butt has to be thrown down just think of the size of that explosion that would cause.



posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 08:54 AM
link   
The problem is...with all the unsettled weather fronts moving in soon...anything could set a spark off...from either the sun hittin glass to a cig butt gettin thrown down, and from there the whole damn weather like a thunderstorm.

Most hospitals in that local area are aware of the problem and are prepared to recieve gas related poisoning and breathing problems.

Hopefully this situation can be dealt with swiftly and safetly for everyone involved.



 
0

log in

join