It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mother bear kills cub then self at Chinese bile farm

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by felonius

Yes, I guess I would present the suggestion that if any alternatives to that 1000 year old diet of whale were available, perhaps they might be considered. I grew up eating meat. My ancestral diet includes lots of brats and mets and goetta, steak and hamburgers, chicken and turkey and fish, lamb, etc.

I became very uncomfortable with that practice and discontinued it. I hope it makes some little difference in our world, but I doubt it will. Still, I feel it is not wasted, and I don't desire meat in my diet at all these days.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Key-Minder

Now that I've read the rest of your post a have a few serious remarks to make.

And not only that, have some compassion for your fellow human. It's posts like these that drive people to kill themselves because people are more concerned about animals than they are people.
WHY shouldn't they be so concerned about "animals"? What makes Humans so important? Just because I AM human doesn't mean I will place humans up on a pedestal. Events like this clearly show some animals just shouldn't be caged and treated this way. They clearly do have feelings and emotions whether you will acknowledge it or not.

We got you all out of your damn cages and now your crying over the bears being in cages. Are you kidding me?!
What the hell is that crap supposed to mean exactly? Humans aren't free. Humans are living in a cage too, it's just not so obvious at first glance. And whether I was or wasn't living in a cage would make no freakin difference. Have you no soul?

Animals suicide? Well, yeah. And? Human suicide? Shed tears please over that and keep up the crusade against that before I hear another friggen thing about the animals.
You use the word "animals" in a very casual way and fail to see the whole picture here. Furthermore, who are you to dictate what type of suicide I should and shouldn't shed tears over? Human or not one suicide can be just as sad as another. Especially when humans are killing each other all the time anyway, I think we all just become desensitized to it and a suicide like this has much more impact on us.

edit on 10-8-2011 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by predator0187

Originally posted by guitarplayer
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

No I am saying some of the facts in this story is wrong and why is it a white woman with the bear do not the Chicoms have their own vets? Why are the other people croped out of the picture from the waist up?

Just asking

PS we humans are able of many many atrociites just go to an abortion mill.

Please no abortion talk. I would rather have a child killed in it's embryo stage than live a horrible life.

How do you know that the white woman is not a vet? Or something of the like?

Pred...

The veterinary staff comes from all over the world to volunteer to help with the bears rehabilitation, the staff includes Chinese locals. The rehabilitation habitats are located in China, most likely what you are seeing in the images. So, no conspiracy with the images presented.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
It's hard to imagine what we are capable of sometimes and you have to fear that this would be just the tip of the iceberg.

I don't often get emotional over things but for this I don't have words.

I really don't know

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
To gauge the importance of a life form just judge what would happen in the absence of.
Humans disappear= no effect on the planet.
Actually planet would improve.
Bees disappear= major effect on the planet.
I can go on and on but you get the just of it.
No t saying we should all die.
But we are not as important as we think.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Key-Minder
Snap out of it.

Just be thankful human bile isn't being extracted from you, while you sit in a cage gnawing on metal.

Thank you bears for having bile for Chinese loonies to eat, so they don't poke people's bellies instead and get their bile to market.

And not only that, have some compassion for your fellow human. It's posts like these that drive people to kill themselves because people are more concerned about animals than they are people.

We got you all out of your damn cages and now your crying over the bears being in cages. Are you kidding me?!

Animals suicide? Well, yeah. And? Human suicide? Shed tears please over that and keep up the crusade against that before I hear another friggen thing about the animals.

You all are the same people that think someone cussing you out would deserve a good kick in the gut, or a good bile extraction, but you all have nooooooooooooooooo clue about the terrible things the bears say about humans. They don't like any of you and never will no matter what.

Oh dear Jesus put some sense into these people.

I like bears but I like people better, even though they are difficult has hell.

What? I'm not fully following this...
The practice of bile removal from bears via fistula yields no scientific proof to cures and more.
Human bile does not contain the UDCA levels that is culturally in demand.

I doubt the rescued bears dislike their human handlers that offer them a life of sanctuary instead of being pressed down into a cage their whole short life(less than 20 in the wild, 25 in normal captivity) life until they die from cancer, hernias, or dx, being only fed while the bile is extracted 2x a day.
edit on 10-8-2011 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
While this is absolutely horrible, we should be just as worried about how we treat each other. In America, they harvest our money, our dignity, our freedoms and our dreams. If only they just wanted my bile...

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
WOW. This is very sad but I do have to say I am amazed at the thought processes involved by the bear here.
I don't recall reading too many stories of animals acting like this.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
These sorts of things happen everyday to bring your food to your table. The outrage from these dramatic stories are sad, because there is little outrage in the processes employed to make a Big Mac.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

The stupidity of the animal called humanity goes deep and reaches far.

Second line.

link   
OP it is with great sadness that I have flagged this thread - it is with even greater sadness that people don't believe animals are capable of taking their own lives...

Are we so ignorant as to believe animals are incapable of love, compassion, pain and sorrow? How many people here have a dog? How many people who have a dog believe that creature is incapable of those points I raised above? I bet none of us!!!

Have you seen how birds will defend their nests and young? How animals in general will put themselves in the line of fire to protect their offspring... you know what, we are animals, we are a part of this environment no matter how great we might like ot believe we are, the same instinctual aspects of us is true for animals, its they don't have twitter, an iphone or facebook to let the whole world know about it.

I was in Thailand recently, stayed at a elephant sanctuary, some of the horrendous stories I heard was enough to bring you to tears. One elephant there used to be a logging elephant, she was pregnant and working on the day she gave birth. Unfortunately when she gave birth she was halfway up a mountain/hill. Now anyone who has seen an elephant birth, knows the baby elephant falls from the mother to the ground, anyone who has seen an elephant close up, knows this is hardly a small distance.

Upon giving birth, once the baby dropped to the floor, it started to fall down the mountain/hillside, the mother tried in vain to save the baby, but the baby died. After this the mother refused to work, she ignored the keepers or handlers and just all out refused to do as she was told. You want to know what her handlers did... with a sling shot, they blinded one eye. When she still refused to work, they stabbed her other eye... imagine for moment, if perhaps that animal was in mourning? What she really have wanted to work? Imagine now the complete lack of compassion and understanding from dear humanity to think only of itself!!!!

Whilst I was at the park, there was a bear which was rescued at 2months old, delivered in a cage no bigger than itself. Luckily this fiesty 9month old bear is in good health and well looked after.

I ask everyone here, as a creature of this planet, if you had the choice between allowing a baby to live a horrific life of pain, suffering and torture or ending that life, what would you do? And before you answer, take religious aspects out of the answer, and please don't intepret this as a euthinasia debate, I am simply asking the question. For I know, I would rather the spirit/soul of that child be free from a life of absolute pain and suffering.

Don't separate yourselves from the creatures of this planet, if we are capable of these feelings, so are they. OP thanks, heartbreaking, extremely sad, humanity has a long way to go, my concern is, we have become so consumed with money, that it is now too late to turn around. I pray and hope I am wrong!

link   
I wonder why America even does business with China or even open our doors to products "Made In China". These outmoded people need to be educated or they are so beyond hope that they sold their souls to "business as usual", the seekers of money/profit.

And who taught these mere humans that there are healing properties from other screaming creatures? Eventually these humans will die: perhaps a slow and agonizing one just like so many animals they've killed out of "tradition".

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by TNTarheel

Quite true..

The animal might kill you.

But he won't put you in a cage for 10 years while sticking needles into your liver and taking your bile.
China has a long, long way to come if they ever intend to stand with the rest of the civilized world.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
One night a few months ago I was watching my dog sleep. He was kicking and makin' noises and the usual doggie dream stuff. At that moment I had a thought. My dog dreams. I dream. I am consciously self aware of myself and the world. Why shouldn't he be? Just going off of that observation and comparison the only conclusion is that my dog is at the same level of self awareness. On top of the fact that I communicate mentally with him all the time

Point being.

Since that night I have had a massive shift in how I perceive animals, and to a lesser but growing extent; Insects.
I view my dog, cat, insects, and every other animal as intelligent beings on par with humanity. Just in different ways.

Reading this story with that perception is just plain awful. I know what would drive me to that point. To understand even a small portion of what those creatures felt is just as bad as actually doing it myself. I have been puking most the night from a bad burrito I ate and this just make it so much worse

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Capitalism..ya gotta love it...

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by moleskin

I read this post after making mine. You are spot on!

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
We have a tendency to even look down on lesser developed tribes of humans.
And say they are not advanced like i am.
Well they don't know about ipods or Mcdonalds.
but are they any less than us.
No.
Same with animals.
They live the life they are supposed to.
With interests to suit that life.
All in God's plan.
A plan we are very good at screwing up.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
For the folks commenting about how some should not be so upset because these are animals and assume we don't harbor the same compassion for people, well I would like to clarify why I get more upset for animals sometimes. Humans have choices, can defend themselves with guns, can get in a car and leave, can use rational and complex thinking, make choices, or call for help. Whereas, animals cannot do these things, hence the 'defenseless' notion. Not that they are totally defenseless, but by comparison, it seems more cruel to take advantage of sentient animals, because we are capable of totally dominating them. It is comparable to taking advantage of a child or a disabled person, which I bet most here who express concern for animals feel the same about humans, and there are some that may feel more for animals by comparison. Plus, in this instance, it is not just slaying of a living thing, it is torture for profit and some fantasy human benefits.

I don't like seeing harm to anything sentient, but animals draw a more knee jerk emotional response in an environment where they don't have a fighting chance. You know how animal lovers are, big hearts and compassion for the underdog in a sense.

Does the abuse and slaying/torture of humans upset me too? Heck yea, and I respond accordingly. But this thread is about these animals and their situation, so a generalization about our comments seems unfair, imo.
Just felt like saying this because I have seen/heard criticism about people seeming to care more about animals than people, and I think it is not so simple and 'either or'. To each their own, and I understand where some are coming from, I just hope you understand where we come from sometimes.

spec
edit on 11-8-2011 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I find this sad and distressing the whole thing makes me sick its just wrong on so many levels ..China has no compassion for there animals i hope they put some kind of law up that stops this treatment to the bears..

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
this is one of the most tragic stories ever. I have always thought animals to be smarter than what our text books tell us. This in a way proves it. We need to start respecting the animals around us like people as far as I am concerned. Food is one thing, but this is just sick. When I was in s. korea we could hear the puppies in a restaurant screaming as they were being hacked up, that was pretty awful, try enjoying your bosintang while hearing that in the backround.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join