It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mother bear kills cub then self at Chinese bile farm

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Count Chocula

To shoot and kill is different then to continuously torture an animal to the point of suicide.

Pred...
edit on 10-8-2011 by predator0187 because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by predator0187

How credible is your "blog" source?

link   
I guess consciousness shifts are taking place.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
ok...everyone wanted to ignore me the first time. i'll post againL

while this is very disgusting and makes me wanna shoot these "scientists"...i have to wnder...look at the site. think this might be BS? why is it that the only site reporting on a bear commuting suicide is a vegan site? any other links?

if i posted a story about aliens caught talking to obama...and it was lin ked to david cameron's site...people would be calling bs instantly. but you post a story from a vegan site about suicidal bears depressed from cruelty and everyone jumps on the "ah...i hate people" bandwagon.

just saying...

i mean...i may be wrong...but the last time i checked...you didn't have to eat meat to be a liar!

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeBoss

How credible is your "blog" source?

What about AsiaOne?

news.asiaone.com...

Pred...

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
and also...i have a feeling that if they actually were mining bile from bears guts..they would have taken that little cub off somewhere...to say...a sterile room maybe? somewhere that the mama couldn't come busting up in.

just saying...

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
This story makes me very sad
. If this actually happened, then these 'people' who run these farms have no heart, and this shows they are even less than animals. Stuff like this makes me ashamed of being human.
edit on 10-8-2011 by IdeaLogical because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Those poor innocent bears!
How could anyone be so cruel????

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
if you beleived this story , you are an [snip].
though i belatedly thank the op for highlighting the issue. i agree its disgusting.
i wish !/we could do something about it, but sadly all we can do is be p$$ed off about it.
edit on 10-8-2011 by neonitus because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/8/11 by masqua because: Edited general uncivil attack on members

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   

As an animal lover and activist, I'd believe this story if it had links to the chinese media said to be reporting it.
As it is, it is HIGHLY unlkely even it is were true that ANY Chinese media outlet would permit an article such as this to go to print. So..may we have links to the media, other than WISPA site please.

R

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Count Chocula

Originally posted by predator0187

Originally posted by Count Chocula
This is bad, but not quite as awful as THE LAST KNOWN WILD TIGER IN CHINA KILLED AND EATEN BY VILLAGERS

At least the tiger went to feed people, the bile is the only thing used from the bears and they get an awful life in place of it.

To kill for food is different than cruelty for something that might work.

Pred...

ok so as long as they eat the bear afterwards its totally different in your book. Gotcha chief.

btw they eat those bears as well.

Bear meat is valued as sexual-performance and health booster. A bowl of bear claw soup—a prized delicacy at restaurants in China, Hong and Taiwan
To eat an animal is one thing, to torture it first is another. These two things are completely different. To drive an animal to compete suicide that is just heinous. In the tiger case, as said as ti is, when you are starving the last thing you are thinking about is how many of that species remains. The bears while they might have been eaten, were tortured first and it wasn't because people were starving.

Before you jump on me, yes I am a meat eater and but I know the sources where my meat comes from and the animals live happy lives and are well cared for, and killed humanely.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Moon Bears thank you for sharing this message, truth to story or not(mother seems more likely enraged).

Jasper the rescued bear.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by neonitus

if you beleived this story , you are an [snip].

Who you callin' [snip]? It's no secret the Chinese use bile/gall bladder, rhino horns, animal penis' etc to fuel their superstitious end of medicines, so why the trash talk? Just because a special interest organization posts something that is slanderous about the opposition, does not make it untrue. So until the story is proven absolutely true or false, keep your condescending jabs to yourself please. May I suggest checking for other sources before you throw the '[snip]' word around?

Another source:

Traps were laid in the wild illegally. When the bear was trapped, she lost not only her paws and four limbs for a good fortune of money, but she was locked up in the cage and had to endure daily torture of bile collection up to 25 or 30 years. This bile collection process requires a hole to be cut in the bear stomach and an iron pipe inserted into the bear gall bladder. Bile was then taken several times a day. The entire procedure was done without anaesthetic in order to save cost. The pain was excruciating. The bear could not bear it and attempted to kill herself by punching her stomach. However, human prevented this suicide act by forcing the bear to wear an iron vest. With this iron vest, her movement was restricted; committing suicide was an impossible task. A mother bear knew it too well. When the bear worker wanted to open up her cub’s stomach, the mother bear broke open the cage and went after the cub. After failing to release the chained cub, she hugged the cub. The mother bear then killed the cub to save it from a life of hell. Here is the story from Chinese news.

ingenira.hubpages.com...

*From a Chinese source*:
renminbao.com...

story is obviously made up, hence if you beleive it, youre likely to be an [snip].

Idiot's?!? Thanks kind one, ya know I could use degrading words for you but I won't because I am more considerate of others, and I wish more were like that, but to each their own I reckon'......
edit on 10-8-2011 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/8/11 by masqua because: Removed personal attacks

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
*pics' or it didn't happen...need better source..

2nd to be sure

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   

and killed humanely

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Terrible story indeed if even true. Hard to tell what is true on activist sites. Activists sites love to cite info from places that cannot be confirmed. It is to generate revenue in the form of donations. You folks don't really think this parade of organizations actually use the money to help the animals
It goes to - you guessed it - Lobbyists who work for obscene rates and sit around in DC drinking and partying.

You are aware that this is illegal in China as is most of the old nonsense traditional medicine. I looked into this once a few years ago. The life expectancy in China shot up to nearly match ours in the generation after they adopted Western Medicine and most of the old Folk Medicine is Black Market in China now, with very severe penalties attached. China even works in cooperation with authorities here in Alaska to catch the Bear Poachers here who are after the Gall Bladders. In one article here it mentioned that the punishment in China can now be death or a lot of years.

It is now a myth that these practices exist in China other than the rare case where criminals are taking advantage of the illiterates. If this exists, it is Black Market and hidden. Due to the nature of the site I am skeptical. That same info has been making the rounds on the Internet for some time now.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
How come people are ignoring my news media story rather than just using the blog for reference?

news.asiaone.com...

Media outlet reporting the story...

Pred...

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   

For this very reason I long for the utter destruction of the planet. What I long for more is supreme universal justice and retribution. I hate myself for wishing and thinking the very worst things for the people who are committing these atrocities. But I think them and wish them with a fury akin to something hellbound.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join