It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mother bear kills cub then self at Chinese bile farm

page: 29
<< 26  27  28   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

You obviously dont know a whole lot about bears. They dont have the capabilty of "strangling" anything. And i highly doubt running into a wall head first would kill it. Some bears have surprisingly strong skulls.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Chinese doctors calling for bear bile farms to close

Just a quick post that opposition to the bear bile farming is growing - including within the Chinese Medical Community. This warrants at least some expression of support for those who count bile farming among the most vile practices. Too many vile practices to shake a stick at these days...

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freenrgy2
reply to post by axslinger

Thank God that I have never been given the desire to hunt and kill for the sport of it. I love to fish, either catch and release or eat. Never for trophy. I've seem some deer kills by friends of mine and I just could never get excited about seeing an animal covered in its own blood, with compund fractures from where the bullet shattered leg bones. At least they ate what they killed.

But, keeping bears like this for harvesting is cruel and should be abolished.
edit on 11-8-2011 by Freenrgy2 because: (no reason given)

Dont want to piss on your shoes but isn´t it kind of a trophy when you go fishing just for fun (because catch and release IS actually a kind of trophy for your ego)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
TCM (traditional Chinese medicine) and the issues surrounding wildlife policy within societies that practice it are issues far too huge to ever cover in an ATS thread.

Suggested reading: www.amazon.com...

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimbo999
Ever hear of Bear Poaching?

Know WHY they poach bears in N America?

Because the Chinese will pay top dollar for their Gall Bladders (Bile).

J.

No that's not the reason why. First, it's a totally different species of bear. Second, that's really not the reason why, it's because populations of bears in N. America are large enough in most cases to be sustainably hunted. Sustainably. Hunted. As game, you know, like deer. People do it. They apply for permits and are only allowed to hunt certain demographics of bear. It's a completely different issue. Although I have heard of some people harvesting gallbladders from bears in North America but as far as I know those cases were very weird and isolated.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Here in Germany, the purpose of hunting is to sort sick animals out. You have to spend several hours at a special school and in the end you have to do a exam. You need to know the anatomie of any animal you get to hunt. Then you can go hunting in the area they give you. Most wild animals like deers or wild boars
you can buy here at the meat house are farmed in closed areas.

There are to many idiots with a weapon in their hands out there. I have no problems with hunting if its done for a purpose, not for the fun of it.
For me it sounds like in USA you only need a weapon and 5 minutes for a permission.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
And we still trade with these people and buy their cheap labor. Seriously cut off china!!! I don't want my country to have anything to do with them.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mcupobob
And we still trade with these people and buy their cheap labor. Seriously cut off china!!! I don't want my country to have anything to do with them.

And you think "your country" would not be effected if they went down that route with China and cut all ties? If you think your country would not be effected, then you are ignorant. Are you another one of the ATS posters who post on stupid comment, and just leaves the thread before someone makes them look stupid? I think so

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy
And to think people actually believe the human is the superior of the food chain..
sad story,..just another reason to dislike china

You're ignorant if you think this problem begins and ends with China.

These abuses are worldwide. If you think your own country doesn't engage in the same exact blood for profit deals, go get a job at a local slaughterhouse and see for yourself.

Originally posted by verschickter

Originally posted by Freenrgy2
reply to post by axslinger

Thank God that I have never been given the desire to hunt and kill for the sport of it. I love to fish, either catch and release or eat. Never for trophy. I've seem some deer kills by friends of mine and I just could never get excited about seeing an animal covered in its own blood, with compund fractures from where the bullet shattered leg bones. At least they ate what they killed.

But, keeping bears like this for harvesting is cruel and should be abolished.
edit on 11-8-2011 by Freenrgy2 because: (no reason given)

Dont want to piss on your shoes but isn´t it kind of a trophy when you go fishing just for fun (because catch and release IS actually a kind of trophy for your ego)

I see it more as training and honing your survival skills. One of the most important factors to survival is whether or not you are able to obtain food. If you are located near sources of water bearing fish, then fishing is a great skill to have. You don't want to be a beginner on the day when you need those skills, you want to be a practiced veteran.

Catch and release is still pretty brutal, and I can certainly see your point, but I don't think it's as bad or anywhere NEAR the level of the horrors that this thread is based on. Actually it's so far removed I'd say we're all off topic for discussing it.
edit on 9/3/2011 by DieBravely because: adding in quotes and such

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-morris

I don't know how my country would be effected if we severed ties. But, there is no we should be trading with a nation that uses wage-slavery to profit off their people, and tortures animals in such a horrific way. Threaten to cut them off if they atleast comprise and change their ways.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mcupobob
reply to post by Jay-morris

I don't know how my country would be effected if we severed ties. But, there is no we should be trading with a nation that uses wage-slavery to profit off their people, and tortures animals in such a horrific way. Threaten to cut them off if they atleast comprise and change their ways.

Believe me, you country would be effected. You think your country is in a bad place now, it would be in a very worse place if you did cut ties with China. China is not the only country that has companies paying crap wages. You would be suprised how many countries do. And i would never defend that, and its a problem that needs to be addressed, but you can't boycott a country because of that. What would you say if people wanted to boycott your country because of the invasion of Iraq, and all the horrible things that happened there, including people being tourtured and animals being killed for fun.

I would not boycott your country because of this, because i see everyone as individuals, and not borg. And this is the problem most people have. They have been brainwashed to look at other countries as a collective, and not a place full of individuals. The only place you see individuals, is your own country.

As for the tourture of animals. Animals are tourtured all over the world, yes, even in your country, and its disgusting and wrong, but we should be condeming the people who do it, not a whole nation. If we were to condem nations for some of the horrible things some people do, then we would end up condeming all countries.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Stories like this make my blood boil.

China has no conscience, and no degree of cruelty is beyond China.

Beware of China, a horrible cold race of people.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknowsplusone

And we have another person who will only post once people they have nothing else to say. Your primitive way of thinking is what makes this world a bad place to live. You are just as bad as the people who do these horrible things because all you do is spread hate. Whats the bet you don't post on here again?

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknowsplusone

It's not everyone in China. Believe me, most people don't support Traditional Chinese Medicine, or at least not to the degree where it impacts animals to this degree.

As it has been said, many countries and cultures have been known to cause "animal suffering" through a variety of means. Is this any worse than cows, pumped up with hormones and antibiotics, in highly uncomfortably conditions, hooked up to milk pumps? Is this any worse than meat farms? I don't know, you tell me.

And for everyone... this isn't a "story". That's such a weird word. This is something that happens, in a place where you don't live, in a culture that you're not familiar with. It's something that people who are interested in ethics, or traditional healing, or wildlife policy (such as myself) have been aware of for ages... and something that is "new and terrible" to those who are uninformed and who lack the context to understand this as anything more than a pro-PETA story.

Also, although people in the USA may seem like barbaric animal-killers... it's really not that easy to get permits for things that don't have exploding populations. Many organizations are out there defining how many "takes" per year is sustainable for different species in different areas. And hunting is permitted only during certain periods of time. It's an interesting fact known to many ecologists that the hunting culture has actually led to more funding and more research on the health of many species of animals in this country. And by health I don't mean medical health, I mean things like population density, reproductive rate, food source availability, migration patterns, and other important things to know. Not for hunting, but for conservation. In the USA, many say that hunting regulation and research is the best thing to happen to conservation biology.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I just lost my faith in humanity..

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Its hard to see a bear runnng head first into the wall..

But, if they say it happened, i guess it happened.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Im a late responder to this posting... but i have to say, it disturbed me today as much as it would have a month ago when it was posted. I read alot of you guys posts, and i agree with most...
after 40 years of being a typical "american" getting fat, bbq-ing the cheapest burgers from the store.. i opened my eyes to the plight of animals on farms and through the world... i been vegitarian for 2 years now, with no looking back. I also became an animal rights activist for things such as this. I live in Boston and there are a few protests here and there that help show the common person what goes on at mcdonalds, korea dog food farms etc.. nothing will change over night, but i know one thing.. when it comes down to it, i do NOT participate in any animal sufferings, AND i can say that i at least do SOMETHING other then be pissed off... even though it might be holding a sign with a bunch of tree huggers.. even if i can help save ONE animal... it is worth it.. i know i WONT be guilty of such crimes like this. nor will i be guilty of doing NOTHING...
You know.. i love people too.. and i dont wish harm on anyone.. but when i see ignorant people like this doing things like this innocent creatures... sometimes when i hear about a tsunami, or major earthquake, or some disaster that wipes out thousands of people im happy... because i think about how many innocent lives like those bears are saved and how some of those people deserved a catastrophe like that.... im a grown man and pictures like this actually make me cry.... this is not what life was meant for... not for us, and not for the animals... there are times i wish 2012 really will happen and wipe everyone and everything out... then innocent suffering of animals and people will finally come to an end....

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Well, if anything pisses me off... I don't even know if I should post but, ..

*pop quiz!*
What could/would drive a captive predator animal to kill its young, and not for food but to release it, then attempt its own life?

Answer: Chinese myths!

Apologies if that came off racist, I assure you I am not, but I'm an Ojibwe of Canada, born and raised. I respect all wildlife, sometimes more so than my brothers and sisters. Hearing of all the brutality these Asians do to animals in "search for cures" is sooooo wrong. None of this stuff "cures" anything except their need for M-O-N-E-Y and bloodlust. Dolphins, whales, bears .... Why not harvest from their own peoples stomachs instead? Surely after ingesting this "cure" ... their peoples' bile should suffice by now???? Don't even begin to say "Animals have no conscious thoughts like humans" ... This story proves otherwise.

Japanese slaughter dolphins in such a brutal manner also, check out the movie "The Cove".

If anything pisses me off... LEAVE THE ANIMALS ALONE!!! Enough damage is done by turning their homes into human residential areas, and dumping tonnes of plastic and toxic waste into the oceans....
edit on 7/9/2011 by FreshNugget because: added a point

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

We as a species don\t deserve to breathe the same air as these wonderful creatures.

Ban bear bile farming now!

new topics

top topics

<< 26  27  28   >>

join