It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mother bear kills cub then self at Chinese bile farm

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

May very well be the single most logic creature that existed thus far. To skip the hardship and go strait to the ending.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow
reply to post by Universer

We do it to horses - for hormones, pregnancy tests and other things too.

We also create chimeras so we can harvest everything from stem cells to organs.

...Jeez. Is this whole thread just an anti-China rant? Take a look at your world, folks. It's ALL exploitive and cruel - for profit.

So what is your point? Are we supposed to say "Oh, well OK then.
"

I don't think so. Because something is done a lot does not mean we have to accept it. If we only knew the things that are being done for profit's sake, but we usually don't know. These kind of stories are good because they are a wake-up call that we need to be more vigilant in policing what goes on behind our backs.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I read this awhile ago, it made me cry
. A bond between a mother and child is sacred
edit on 14-8-2011 by lisaloeb1214 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
This is such an incredably sad story. I believe it 100% to be true. Chinese medicine has a lot to answer for, there's no scientific evidence bear bile does anything useful, it certainly doesn't cure cancer or make you live longer. Most Chinese medicine is based soley on supersitions. Thankfully, we have laws in the Western world that would never allow bears to be farmed for bile, but there is no such laws in China.

This was the last desperate act of a desperate creature, the mother bear did the same thing as someone about to be tortured to death, having the last laugh by shooting them selves dead with the last bullet in their pistol before it happens.

Bears, like all other organisims, feel pain, distress, trauma and misery. I wonder if a chinese bile farmer would kill his own child to prevent him having a tube stuck into his stomach and being kept in a cage barely the size of his body...

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by wayno

Originally posted by wayno

Originally posted by soficrow
reply to post by Universer

We do it to horses - for hormones, pregnancy tests and other things too.

We also create chimeras so we can harvest everything from stem cells to organs.

...Jeez. Is this whole thread just an anti-China rant? Take a look at your world, folks. It's ALL exploitive and cruel - for profit.

So what is your point? Are we supposed to say "Oh, well OK then.
"

I don't think so.

I don't think so either.

These kind of stories are good because they are a wake-up call that we need to be more vigilant in policing what goes on behind our backs.

The danger is that we're being manipulated to blame someone and create an artificial "enemy" - in this case China.

...China is not the enemy - the system is. Valuing profit above all else is not conducive to health or life.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   

The danger is that we're being manipulated to blame someone and create an artificial "enemy" - in this case China.

I 100% agree with you.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

Valuing profit above all else is not conducive to health or life.

Isn't "profit" the new "god" in China? They, meaning the government there, want that just about more than anything else; save "stability".

Its good of you tho to be looking out for those who are easily wooed into hating. Hating the Chinese or any other group of people is not good. Not liking some countries tho is perfectly OK when their bad rap is well deserved. We should not look the other way when a country acts poorly just because they are big.

I criticize my biggest, most powerful and well loved neighbour, the USA, all the time when they act badly. China should not be treated any differently. If some people take that too far and start reading "enemy" where that is not intended; well that is their problem. I don't the average Joe is going to be that way tho.

Just wondering ... who is doing the manipulating you are concerned about?

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by wayno

Just wondering ... who is doing the manipulating you are concerned about?

The Global Financial Elite.

Welcome to World War III - the real battleground is economic.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Yet another story of unimaginable crap coming out of Asia. I don't think they're human.

I think God, one day, will judge us harshly on how we treated animals during our time on earth. I hope he brings his fiery sword down!

The Chinese continue to put an incredible strain on the morality and resources of this small planet. Things will one day be righted!

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
To all of the humanity haters in this thread I have something to say:

Humans(animals) have had a symbiotic relationship with the animals that live in the vicinity of humans. For a LONG time. We both live off each other. My house and property is home to not only my family and pets but also to wasps, bees, cockroaches, bugs that I don't know the name of, lizards, spiders, caterpillars, butterflies, and god knows what else. I am proud that my small parcel that I call home is teeming with life.

I do find this particular practice...questionable. However, this is yet again a banal case of fighting for the bears because they are cute syndrome. I wonder how many of you are concerned with or are even aware of the multitude of "pest" and insect species that are forced to suffer from the burdens of civilization. I could name a ton of creatures that most humans would squash under their foot or kill simply for the hide or skin. Another point - how does anyone of you have the right to demand that a culture cease it's traditions for the selfish reason that what they practice you do not like?

Have you fumigated your house? If you have consider yourself a proud murderer. Is that a cockroach on the ceiling? "I'll get him - just let me get my shoe off". I can say these statements with confidence because I have observed this behavior in 99% of the people I come into contact with. One woman that I know will happily and gleefully destroy a spiders web(home). She will lecture me about the inhumanity of whaling, poaching and general killing of cute animals while spraying a wasps nest with insecticide. Such hypocrisy.

In short, I am proud of our ancestors(humanity - not a single race). They have laid the groundwork for the life that we all enjoy. They have done that by living off the land, by cultivating and hunting, by applying a theory not because it is rational but because they believed it could lead to their collective self-preservation.

I am proud to be human and proud of the long and glorious tradition our ancestors have provided for us. Indeed, there is much that needs to be changed for the overall well being of the planet. Just make sure to look out for the ugly and pest creatures that do more for our biodiversity than any mammal ever could.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I want everyone who buys into the "wisdom of the orient" bs to think about things like this. So much more advanced than western medicine. Just a bunch of superstitious retards. me no rikie.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Really made me feel ill reading that.

Knowing we have people. organisations, countries etc etc which allows this is just extremely depressing.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
And we're supposed to be the top of the chain!? Let those soulless people murdering the precious creatures find a fate as fearful. . .and let the hearts of man speak a voice of peaceful understanding. . .that unity is abound, and all living things are connected.

No medicine to heal should ever require a sacrifice of any life of purity and innocence.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   
I just have to say...

I am still very angry about this. I have been angry for 3 days since reading this thread....

edit on 15-8-2011 by Thurisaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
No we don't need to be hurting animals for our own pleasure/profit, but don't act like it isn't natural to do so. We're animals just like the bears and birds. Animals aren't "pure" or "sacred."

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by n0tsan3
I want everyone who buys into the "wisdom of the orient" bs to think about things like this. So much more advanced than western medicine. Just a bunch of superstitious retards. me no rikie.

The problem is, its the western population that take these medicines too. In the UK, there is a Chinese medicine shop in every town/city, and im sure its the same for other countries outside of China. So its big business world wide, not just China. That does not make it right, but people really should look at the facts.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboysad story,..just another reason to dislike china

Why single out China? Is a slaughterhouse in your own country really any better?
Bears just look a lot cuter than a steer or a hog.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I have been avoiding this... because I knew it would be some Peta-ish thing. Look, all those animal medicines and that are ingrained in traditon!! also bearfarming, although cruel is a part of life. Although.. the very thought of a bear commiting suicide is a lolgasam for me xD

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by LS650

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboysad story,..just another reason to dislike china

Why single out China? Is a slaughterhouse in your own country really any better?
Bears just look a lot cuter than a steer or a hog.

Because the nationalists who are all-out endorsing their country, civilization, or "race", are just hypocrite cowards who'd rather point the finger at others than assume their own filth.

And yes, our Western democracies are just as bad with many creatures than the Chinese are, just in different, more sophisticated ways. We have our animal slaughterhouses and torture chambers, right in our closest neighborhood.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Humans are not the superior of the food chain...
Humans are not superior when it comes to morality...
Humans are not even superior when it comes to intelligence....
The only thing Humans excel at, is cruelty...
...This is just another example of our most dominate trait... Welcome to the Human Disgrace.

new topics

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join