It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mother bear kills cub then self at Chinese bile farm

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
This is so disturbing on so many levels!
Mother bear must have suffered at the
hands of these people to know enough
to kill her cub and herself. May Mother
and baby RIP!

This has got to stop!

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
WTF>>>>WTF This really happened?? That's Crazy!! Things like this make me sure we humans deserve whats coming to us.......

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by DROKKR
I'm at a loss for words. What sort of life does an animal go through for it to develop and act on suicidal thoughts? This is so very sad.

Seriously! And not only suicidal - the Momma bear tried to rescue and then hugged and then killed her baby Bear before she killed herself. That's quite a lengthy sequence of events, not just a random accident. Absolutely horrible. This sort of thing just sickens me. Thanks Pred, I'd never heard of a bile farm before - now I have another inhumane practice on my radar. By the way, where ya been? Or have I just missed your comments lately in all the traffic?

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Sad beyond words.

Eating a chicken tonight for dinner?
Don't forget to check out how they treat the chickens.
It's disgusting and terribly traumatic for the chicken.
Having bacon tomorrow for breakfast?
The abuse a pig goes through before they are killed is sickening.
Just saying.
It's all bad -
and it's time for us all to pay attention.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by TNTarheel

Its the sense of innocence in animals, because really they live to survive. We as humans (many) live for entertainment and good food and fun vacations. With animals it almost feels as if were living with people from ancient times. They havnt changed much, with the exception of being held in captivity. All Animals are beautiful, most of humanity is not.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Wow that is really sad. I got all teary eyed. The article is short but it says so much. I guess I have some research to do on these bile farms. I didn't even know about them.

link   
while this is very disgusting and makes me wanna shoot these "scientists"...i have to wnder...look at the site. think this might be BS? why is it that the only site reporting on a bear commuting suicide is a vegan site? any other links?

if i posted a story about aliens caught talking to obama...and it was lin ked to david cameron's site...people would be calling bs instantly. but you post a story from a vegan site about suicidal bears depressed from cruelty and everyone jumps on the "ah...i hate people" bandwagon.

just saying...

link   
What the hell is a bile farm?

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by gwynnhwyfar

Originally posted by DROKKR
I'm at a loss for words. What sort of life does an animal go through for it to develop and act on suicidal thoughts? This is so very sad.

Seriously! And not only suicidal - the Momma bear tried to rescue and then hugged and then killed her baby Bear before she killed herself. That's quite a lengthy sequence of events, not just a random accident. Absolutely horrible. This sort of thing just sickens me. Thanks Pred, I'd never heard of a bile farm before - now I have another inhumane practice on my radar. By the way, where ya been? Or have I just missed your comments lately in all the traffic?

That is quite the consecutive series of events, cannot be said that this was not on purpose.

I'm always floating around here, somewhere...

Pred...

edit on 10-8-2011 by predator0187 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Is it no wonder this world is so messed up. Kinda makes you wonder who is the 'animal' in this case. Killing animals for food is one thing, but this practice is barbaric and sensless. A quick google search will show up many more such pathetic practices/traditions/sports that should also be stopped. Bull fighting in Spain anyone?

The real horror of this kind of story is that civilised mankind does not limit his inhuman treatment to animals, he will just as happily apply this to his fellow humans. I'm done here.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
What a truly heart wrenching story.

I am convinced that people have been genetically engineered by other worldly beings as some sick science experiment. We don't act like other animals and have brains that enable us to do horrible things for no reason other than to satisfy warped desires. Let's face it, we don't fit into the Earth's ecological system either. We consume and spread trash everywhere - even in space.

(Please let Nibiru be real and give the Earth back to the animals without the human scum.)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River
What the hell is a bile farm?

www.wlpa.org...

Disgusting is what it is.

Pred...

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

Oh my god. That is incredible. And seriously messed up on the human's part. Why the hell do they need bile from the stomachs of bears? Healing properties? Show these sick excuses for humans some meditation tapes or something, damnit.

Power to this bear. This is just more proof that animals ARE self aware. That they are just like us and deserve much, much better treatment - if even their own constitution.

Pisses me off, but beautiful story in a macabre way.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I had a cat that commuted suicide. I hurts to think about it.

en.wikipedia.org...

link   

I'm not a huge animal rights activist, I don't like Peta and I love, love meat. But this story nearly brought a tear to my eye, which is relatively hard to do. China has a total lack of compassion when it comes to animals.

From the animals (typically dogs) they brutally beat on the street (it's not just animal control that does this) to the absolute torture they put dogs through when they *eventually* kill them for meat to the way they treat their bears and other captive animals. Don't lecture me that we in the West are equally cruel, because I know we are and I'm against that too and try to be an aware consumer and help spread the word around.

Sometimes I wish a comet would crash and take us all out, I really do. I do want to tip my hat to the guys over in China who are doing their hardest to get animals some sort of protection. Keep up the good work guys.

Sad, sad story. Starred and flagged.

link   

Originally posted by predator0187

Originally posted by Count Chocula
This is bad, but not quite as awful as THE LAST KNOWN WILD TIGER IN CHINA KILLED AND EATEN BY VILLAGERS

At least the tiger went to feed people, the bile is the only thing used from the bears and they get an awful life in place of it.

To kill for food is different than cruelty for something that might work.

Pred...

ok so as long as they eat the bear afterwards its totally different in your book. Gotcha chief.

btw they eat those bears as well.

Bear meat is valued as sexual-performance and health booster. A bowl of bear claw soup—a prized delicacy at restaurants in China, Hong and Taiwan

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
seriously.. you guys believe this story.. lol.. btw, i have a bridge im selling...

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Knowing the chinese they are probably blended the bears with human DNA to make the 'healing properties' more uhh whats a word I can use here....potent? Sure that works.

Bile Farm....disgusting.

-GM

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Not sure i believe it.
edit on 10-8-2011 by Malcher because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-8-2011 by Malcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I am fully against the suffering put on Moon Bears. UDCA, has never been proven to help people but those who believe in it should go the alternative route, as the options are available. This should be an eye opener to most now. There's more regulation on bile bears, yet the practice remains the same, a stoma,bile pumped 2xa day, a small cramped cage(crush cage), no exercise, no life.
Graphic image life of a bile bear:Image

Sounds more like the bear went mad because of the situation.
edit on 10-8-2011 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join