It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mother bear kills cub then self at Chinese bile farm

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I first read this a few hours ago, couldn't even get past the OP and had to shut down ATS for a while I was so upset and felt physically sick....

I agree with the posters who say that the human race deserves to be extinct...

I'm now trying to find something on the net about how we can at least try to help these poor bears, not having much luck, anyone else?

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
There is a simple answer to this.

We export Bile to China for 1/10th the cost they currently have.

Maybe Japan can get it from the whales.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Absolutely sick to keep animals locked up like that just for bile.
Man, just the few clips in the Jackie Chan video were enough, I used to be able to watch some of these documentaries and have seen some awful one's but they are just awful....Earthlings was particularly harsh.

We (humans) need to sort it out.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by FawkseyGuy

At times the vocalization of bears especially cubs can sound very human like and even sounds a bit like english.

I am not saying the cub spoke english or even spoke (well at least not in the sense that we could understand it), however vocalization can sound human at times.

Raist

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I cant believe the way us humans treat animals,its distusting.

Some countries do it worse than others,but really we are just as bad as each other.

I feel sick.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
leave the animals alllonnnnneeeeee!!!!

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Raist

This is what I heard when I was observing. I appreciate hunters who eat what they kill and hunt for food. I don't have a problem with that and I respect it. I don't like killing animals but I would certainly do it for survival. If I find a bug in the house and it's a larger bug, I will put it outside before I will kill it. I view all life equal to the degree that the miracle of a living beetle is just as incredible as the life of a dog.

I'm not going to jump on the "all humans are idiots" bandwagon. Some people seem to forget that we humans are just as much a part of nature as a soaring eagle. It's not like we're an anomaly that isn't supposed to be here, or a "mistake that doesn't belong here". Our source is the same and our place is just as valid as any other living creature.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
This is a horrible story. Red China treats animals like garbage. I just returned from backpacking up in The Yosemite Highcountry and I spent over an hour one day just watching this Black Bear eat berries from a distance. They are wonderful, beautiful animals. What a shame. ~SheopleNation

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Would you take a cow and slice off a steak year after year while it is alive and in pain until it finally died?
This is what they are doing, they are not killing and eating this animal they are torturing it for a whole life of pain, they get infected where the bile is tubed off, check out the facts from good sources.

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by predator0187

So, I read the OP, and I thought of my own kids, and I just finished a big juicy steak at lunch time, and I had a lump in my throat thinking of that poor mother bear. I was actually considering vegenism!

Then a more rational thought hit me.

Wouldn't that same bear have held down a baby rabbit and torn out its stomach, and began to eat it even before it was dead? I have seen it in every predator from housecats to mountain lions. A predator will pick on the youngest and weakest, and hold it down, and chew off a flank, or dig in for the juicy liver even before the animal dies.

That poor poor bear, would have no problem being the one with a captive meal in a cage, and taking advantage of it.

Nature is nature, just be happy we happen to be at the top of the food chain. It hasn't always been this way, and it might not always be this way! Don't feel too especially bad for the bear, but then again, don't wail and cry when a bear catches you out a little too far from home one day and decides to have a free meal from a relatively defenseless human! Tis the law of the jungle. Eat or be eaten.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
There are some cultural chasms that are just too wide to breach. The treatment of animals in Asia vs America is one of them. As bad as we treat our cows and chickens in industrial farms and slaughterhouses, at least we don't, that I know of, harvest them alive or keep them alive and in pain whilst we do some on-going harvesting.

I will never understand how they can do it.

I give great props to traditional and historic medicines as an alternative to modern mad science, but I cannot condone these kinds of cruel practices for any reason. I wish those people would get a heart.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Lets open a Chinese Bile Farmers Bile Farm and harvest the Bile Farmers bile. The Bile Farmer's Bile is said to have "magical healing properties" and I'm sure they won't mind being locked in a cage and tortured. After all, they are just Bile Farmers, not equal to us Humans. dot dot dot dot

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Magic healing properties for what exactly?... Diseases from their horrible gluttonous diets? a***holes.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I'm a 35 year old fully grown man and this post had me in tears,i hate the world we live in.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
this story has no credibility at all. sounds like pure propaganda created by some activist group.
i am not condoning what they do but they old saying goes

PICS OR IT DIDNT HAPPEN.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
If you do anything today, please donate some money to a bear charity.

When you grow old and pass away and you are sat up in heaven looking back at the choices you made in your life, dont regret not doing anything to help. Look back with your head held high and be proud that you tried to make a difference.

If you dont believe in life after death.... well make the most of what little time you have left as you wont get another opportunity to make a difference!

www.animalsasia.org...

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I don't even cry, and look at me, you're about to make tears come outta my face!

One for my lost bear homies ..

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by paradisepurple

I would like to see a bunch of us here petition CNN or some such big media hog to make a documentary and broadcast it throughout the known world.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by kellynap43
reply to post by Jay-morris

I’m sorry Jay. I shouldn’t have worded it the way I did. My wording was very poor and I apologize. I guess more of my frustration is with the Chinese government that with the people. The people are one of the hardest working groups in the world. I also have extreme admiration and respect for the new rise in Christianity in China, and the people who continue to worship and follow what God they believe in despite what the government tells them. This is courageous. Government is the evil party here. And when I’m saying that, I’m resorting to the lack of freedoms, restrictions, and human rights that China is so poor in conducting. The people, courageous.

I try and make sure my wife does not read these forums, and when i get angry about something i read on here, i just keep it to myself because it really upsets my wife. My wife is the most caring, honest person i know. She knows the troubles in China, and like alot of Chinese, she knows that China needs to change alot..

She even does not agree with eating dog. Not all chinese eat dog. In fact, many people have dogs for pets. My wife is a huge animal lover, and her brother has a lovely husky called peter. There are many chinese who try and preserve these animals, but its hard.

Like i said, i lived in China for two years. The chinese people i came across were kind and pleasant to talk to. In fact, i felt more safe in Beijing than i do in the uk, and i know one day i will live there again.

Because i have lived in China, and travelled China, and class it as my second home, of course i am defensive, also, considering my daughter is half chinese. Thats why it annoys me when i hear some people on this thread talk about China as a collective, and not individuals. I have read alot of people say some horrible stuff about the Chinese people. If my wife read this thread, she would be just as sickened as everyone else. So how do you think she would feel when she reads all the other stuff people are saying about chinese people, its not nice

By your reply, i know you did not mean what you said.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I visit daily for current events. This has been the number one topic everytime I visit. This happens in South Asia and Vietnam from what I've read. I really don't like the fact that China own's the U.S.A. Are we going to be next?
I've seen chinese teenagers smothering kittens and getting their jolly's.This is awful. I will send a link to CNN, HLN, and FOX.
P.S.
I believe in KARMA
Witch

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Japan does the same stuff to dolphins. They slaughter them for nothing!!!!! Uggggggh.

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join