It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mother bear kills cub then self at Chinese bile farm

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnySeagull

I did not bring it forward it was already out there. It was created and even mentioned on a video posted in the thread.

If a mod wants to edit my post let them. I am not taking the link out myself. It is not a petition to start riots or any thing of a harmful nature.

Raist

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Thanks for bring the problem to light once more... I can barely stand the thought of it. A mother nommatter the species. I lost it last year when I saw pics of dogs packed in cages to get harvested I was messed up for days. This is a nasty example of what people are capable of to defenseless animals. Feel very privileged in this world don't they! One day I hope the favor is returned!

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

China is very cruel to animals, I've seen a lot of media footage that shows the type of cruelty they've done to several different animals (dogs, cats, etc). If you watch the workers on film cage these animals and torture them, it's like clock work to them or mowing the lawn. It's like they are callus to cruelty, I'm not saying all of China, but obviously there are more humane ways of doing things like this.

It's a real shame.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Jay-morris

Im not speaking of your family. So try to turn it down a notch and be objective.

Out side of North Korea, what country has had more accusations of Human Rights violations than any other?
CHINA.

Its to be expected they would treat animals with much less respect.

As soon as the countries starts to value life, and act like it, or even animal life for that matter, they will have my respect, until then....... not going to happen.

Respect is earned, not given.

You should know being from England. You didnt give us any respect in the Colonies, so we took it. And now have the greatest nation in the world!

edit on 11-8-2011 by kellynap43 because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-8-2011 by kellynap43 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

This story makes me very sad...and angry....why can't man just leave these animals alone to live in peace in their natural surroundings. The fact that the mother bear took extreme actions to free herself and her cub...speaks volumes...about the emotional and mental cruelty animals endure.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Sad story, but we interpret an animals attempt to get free of capture as "suicide". Suicide requires intelligence, and i highly doubt an animal can make that kind of profound decision. he mother running into the wall could have been her attempt to free herself. Animals have only 2 responses to threats, Its called "Flight or Fight". When cornered an animal will either A) try to run away or B) fight to the death. The most likely case was she charged into the wall in an attempt to break out and get away, as for her killing her cub, this does happen sometimes when animals feel that they cannot escape. These are all responses to creatures on the path to evolving higher intelligence.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
harvesting bear bile? smh. big business will not stop until everytiing is extinct.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Are you kidding me?!

WHAT on EARTH! Oh my God this story is so outrageous I can't stand it

Thats it China, when Gods wrath hits you, I won't be sitting here feeling sorry for your lame behind.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I don't condone this but at the same time, look at the western world's industries (feedlots and biotech just as a few examples). Don't knock the chinese for doing evil stuff that all developed nations do, to animals and humans alike. Glass house... stones...

Let's all hate China now!! got any room on that bandwagon?!
edit on 11-8-2011 by dl2one because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
The Chinese have always been extremely guilty of not only Human rights but Animal rights as well. Of course it does go on all over the World and North America is not exempt.

The difference being that it seems to be more accepted or just simply ignored in China.

More and more, cruelty to animals is being exposed in China and Asia as a whole and the main reason seems to be for "Stamina" in men.

edit on 10-8-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

Oh... and what about animal cruelty in America's and Europe's research labs?

How is it less cruel to use rats, rabbits, mice, pigs and monkey -all very intelligent animals with feelings and some level of consciousness- as guinea pigs for terrible experiments that usually aren't even necessary for the advancement of science?

Between a rabbit with an electronic device plugged to his brain and a bear trapped in these horrible conditions, I don't see much difference in terms of cruelty and horror. And the hybrid animal research falls in this hellhole as well.

Just like as all these companies "managing" roaming animals in urban area, putting them in small cages for months before killing them in pools of excrement and piss.

Nazi Death Camps are still around, you know, we just populated these with other animal species...

This is not a Chinese or Asian problem, but"our" problem as well. Stop being hypocrites and face the truth. That'll be easier to solve this way.
edit on 11/8/11 by Echtelion because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
People make me sick.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stovokor
People make me sick.

Exactly.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Reading that has made me feel sick. It disgusts me.
Although atleast these horrid things have been brought to my attention. I didn't know anything about 'bile farming' until now so I thank you.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I'm surprised that with China's population numbers the sale of these virility "medicines" is not strictly prohibited. Maybe the government doesn't think they really work anyway and is willing to stimulate any sort of commerce.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Moreover, in the Dark Ages in some parts of Europe, it is a recorded fact that the legal system was giving EQUAL RIGHTS TO OTHER ANIMALS. A cat, or a cow, as an example, could be represented in court in trials regarding issues like treatment by farmers. That was ancient French judicial code, and it's fairly likely that it was present in Germania and Brittania as well.

Industrial capitalism messed it all up. It brought the treatment of living beings as mere merchandise, or resource for profit through chain production, mechanized industrial processes, and bureaucratic control. Merchandising of people and animals wasn't new, of course, just its industrialization.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
it's so sad, sad... this history made very sad right know. I need to go to a chirch to pray to Jesus and God, this is realy sad. Stop this!! Cowards!! Animal's are like us, they feel, they a heart. The brain could be diferent. But the heart haves the same function then ours......
Sad Sad Sad

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Taking a step back and looking in from the outside, this thread appears to be a bit hypocritical.

Although this is a sad story, do we not in the west harvest cows, pigs, goats, sheep, poultry, deer, buffalo, for their meats?

Chickens sit in their own excrement most of the time and are injected with overwhelming amounts of hormones and anti-biotics.

Calfs harvested for Veal sit in what is barely a stand up box and are not able to move, turn or enjoy freedom of movement, so the farmers keep the meat soft, supple and tender.

The list goes on, plenty of supporting docs and videos.

Before people that live in glass houses go tossing stones, they should really look within.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Anyone here blaming the Chinese for this is an hypocrite, keeping his-her eyes WIDE SHUT on the same kind of horrors and cruelty committed systematically, in almost total impunity, in their own country, through research labs and meat/egg/milk factories. We take part in it by paying for this industry to continue, and allow it to happen by doing nothing against it.

Ten years ago in a major Canadian city, a science lab started to engineer goats who lactate spiderweb tissue...

Pointing the finger at China will only make things worse, this has to do with industrial capitalism, and it's global.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Dunno if these were posted, and if they were I'm sorry I admit after page 4 started to skip around. But here it is being reported from other sites.

ingenira.hubpages.com...

and from a Chinese site

renminbao.com...

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raist
reply to post by JohnySeagull

I did not bring it forward it was already out there. It was created and even mentioned on a video posted in the thread.

If a mod wants to edit my post let them. I am not taking the link out myself. It is not a petition to start riots or any thing of a harmful nature.

Raist

i never accused you of anything. I was merely using the post to illustrate that a mod had used a petition to close a thread yesterday claiming that petitions were against ATS rules.

The petition yesterday was not to start riots either. It was a call for greater punishment for rioters.

I suppose I better accuse the Chinese while I am here too. Shame on you chinese!

I know the President of the US is sending unmanned drones in to bomb the crap outta kids in other countries but lets ignore that.

Lets get angry at all the Chinese in the World because of this fake news article. Yeaaaa

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join